I Need a Hero

"But nice to see you back Brenda."

- Brenda’s P.O.V. -

I let out a scream, punching the white, padded wall of my ‘cell’. I had woken up in the white room of death and freaked out. Something that I had been shocked they didn’t find able for ‘therapy’ was that I was claustrophobic. The longer I was in here the more the walls shrunk in. I sat on my bed, curling into a ball to try and block out the swarming thoughts of suffocating.

“Fucking freak.”

I tightened my eyes, willing away the memories. I won’t break. I won’t become weak. I have to hold in. If not for myself, for Jessica. For Matt, for Jimmy, Johnny, Brian, Zacky. I hadn’t known them even a week yet, but I know they’d be disappointed to not see me again. I had to stay calm and get out of here.

“Maybe if you cut deep enough you’ll die, you fucking emo bitch.”

My fingers were curling into my skull so tightly I could feel the crescent indentions forming on my head. Those kids are old news. Anything that happened at school is the past. I’ll never see them again. Forget them.

But I couldn’t.

Those kids had made me who I am. They gave me the fears I had. They made me turn away from society and live in my own dreamland. Too bad my dreamland involved fire and blood. How stupid could I have been? Maybe there was something wrong with me.

It was freshman year, only last year. It had been found out I cut for the simple fact I wanted to see blood flow. Needless to say, no one saw it from my view. We had been changing out form PE clothes. I was already done, sitting in my corner of the locker room no one dared to step into. Except for today.

“Hey freak.” I looked up to see the three people that hated me most. Amber the cheerleader, Tammy the drill team captain, and Amanda the school whore. Me looking up was enough to make their shrill laughter leave their throats. I ignored them, looking back to the wall which was much more interesting.

“What are you even doing at school? It’s obvious you’re just a freak,” Amanda sneered.

“And you’re pregnant. Why are you here?” I remarked, not missing a beat. She gasped, glaring at me to look as intimidating as a mouse. Which is not much.

“That’s it you little bitch. It’s time you learned a lesson,” Tammy growled. Tammy and Amber each grabbed one of my arms while Amanda got my ankles. I tried to escape, but it just happened so quick. Plus since they were each in their own organization, Amanda in gymnastics, they were pretty strong. Stronger than my puny frame at least. They tossed me into a locker, slamming the door shut, and locking it with something.

“Have fun bitch,” Amber called, slapping the door once before they walked away laughing, the bell ringing overhead. I began to kick and scream on the metal door, but I was drowned out. I began to mentally panic in the three foot by three foot confined space. The locker was only two inches taller than me, making it five foot two. My breath began to quicken.

“Help me!” I screamed desperately. I knew it was pointless. No one was in here anymore and no one was in the gym for another forty-five minutes, after lunch. The gym teachers always went to the teacher’s lounge right after fourth period so I was screwed. After about three minutes I gave up hope, slumping on the wall.

I managed to kneel down far enough to where my butt hovered an inch or two over the floor, the wall behind me keeping me balanced. I hugged my knees to my chest, burying my face into my thighs. Of course I had left my phone at home so I couldn’t even have the luck of maybe getting signal, which is never require-able. I was going to die here. That’s it, I was going to die. I could feel the seconds ticking away. Every tick made me give up more and more hope.

The sound of a door opening snapped me out of my little world. The familiar sound of feet padding across the floor met my ears. There were voices. Boy voices, which was strange in general since it was a girl locker room.

“I can’t believe you actually scored some weed dude,” a voice laughed. It sounded so familiar.

“You know I do my best,” another mocked.

“Hey,” I croaked, my voice hoarse from the minutes of yelling straight. The footsteps suddenly stopped, an unbearable silence filling the room.

“What the fuck was that?” The second voice whispered. I raised a hand, banging on the metal door keeping me from the outside world.

“Help!” I called again, a bit loud. About normal level.

“Dude, someone’s in there!” The first voice exclaimed. Running footsteps came to my prison, someone fumbling with whatever was holding me in. “Hey, do you have the key to this thing?”

“No. I got locked in by some chicks,” I replied.

“It’s okay, we’ll get you out. Hey Jared, you can pick this right?” More footsteps came to a stop in front of the locker. Someone scoffed.

“Of course. Move over Will.” I heard someone stumble as if they had been pushed before the sound of someone jiggling with a lock. Within a minute the door was flinging open. I fell forward, hitting my head on the floor. My vision began to blacken and the two guys above me cursed.

“Hey, are you okay?” Will asked, leaning down. All I could make out was black hair and a shirt with tribal designs.

“Shit. I’ll get the nurse. If they ask we heard her yelling while getting the backpacks we left in the bleachers,” Jared hurried before running out of view.

“Don’t worry kid, we’ll get someone to help you.”


My eyes snapped open, my breathing ragged at the collection. Will and Jared had become my best friends, both juniors at the time. I can’t believe I had forgotten them in all this time. I had to get out of the hospital completely. I needed my boys. I jerked my head up when I heard the door to my room open. In front of me stood none other than Dr. Stiles. I glared at him, hoping he’d melt or die on the spot. Preferably die.

“Hello Miss Summers, feeling better?” He mocked. Behind him I could see Nick giving me a sympathetic look. I guess since he failed to help Dr. Stiles earlier he’s now his pet. Poor Nick.

“No, I’m not,” I snapped.

“Well if you would like I can let you out on one condition. You must wear a straightjacket for observational purposes for three days.”

“Agreed,” I replied instantly. Anything to get out of here.

“Okay. Nick please fetch her a straightjacket and put her in. I will be back in five minutes.” He left along with Nick. Nick was back within a minute, the cream colored garment in his hands. It was silent as he put me in it.

“I’m sorry you had to be in here,” Nick said suddenly.

“It’s my own fault. It wasn’t that bad,” I lied. Nick nodded, buying it.

“Are we ready to go?” I looked up to see Dr. Stiles heading back to us. We nodded before following him down the hall. As we went down to the first level I raised an eyebrow at my ‘doctor’. He noticed and smiled. “The rain has stopped so I’m allowing you to go out with your…friends.”

I would have snapped at him, but hey. I got out of the damn padded room and I get to go outside. I’d be good for now. “Thank-you.”

Dr. Stiles smiled which made me want to puke. “Nice improvement Miss Summers. You may go now.”

I awkwardly ran outside. This was going to be such a drag in this fucking jacket. I ran over to where I saw the group, minus Jessica and Brian. Jimmy laughed when he was the first to see me. “Straightjacket?”

“It was the only way I could get out of that fucking room,” I muttered, sitting between Matt and Johnny. Matt brought me into a hug from the side, smashing me into his side.

“Who gives a fuck Jimmy? I’m just happy she made it out,” Matt announced, smiling down at me.

“Hey! Don’t think I’m not happy about it either. It’s just funny that just as you and Brian are out of one, she’s in one. ",” Jimmy said sincerely. Zacky’s smile was enough to let me know he felt the same. I peeked over at Johnny to see him staring off into the distance. “Isn’t there something you’d like to add short shit?”

“Huh?” His brown eyes snapped back to us, staring blankly at everyone. When he met my eyes there was no emotion in them. As if I weren’t even there. “Oh, yeah. Nice to see you again.”

My heart felt a tug at it. I wasn’t sure why it hurt so much. I don’t care about him. “Yeah, thanks.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting: Rhi_LoveMeHateMe, hachie, Hanny Gates, midlipsters, Christ!, and violetriddle. I totally missed Refresh last time, I apologize. Sorry it took so long. I wanted to update way earlier, but my computer's being a douche, school sucks, random drama's been going on, and my family is fighting alot. It's all just super annoying. Sorry, I have no patient or sanity to proof read, I will probably do that tomorrow if I'm feeling better. Please comment anyways? C: