I Need a Hero

"Enlighten me, what was the answer again?”

I left early, faking sick. I just wanted away from Johnny. It felt completely tense. Because of this tension I could feel Zacky uncomfortable while Jimmy and Matt were angry, at Johnny might I add. I felt as if I was putting a strain on their friendship, something I didn’t like to do, so I excused myself. Sadly the only one able to bring me back was Ron. Again I was stuck with tension. I couldn’t be in my room and away from Ron quick enough. Jessica looked up to see my face and squealed.

“Brenda! You’re back!” Her eyes trailed downwards to my torso. “Aaaand in a straightjacket. Did I miss a very interesting story little lady?”

“Not really. Had to trade in my cell sentence for this nifty accessory for three days.” I laid on my bed, letting out a deep sigh at the familiarity.

“I wasn’t talking about the jacket.” She took a running jump to my bed, landing cross legged in front of me. “You, my friend, look like someone just hit your dog.”

“I’m offended. Someone hit my dog when I was five,” I scoffed, sitting up with some struggling.

“Liar,” Jessica sang. “C’mon. I’m going to help you wash your hair ‘cause you smell like sweat. I would take you out of this, but they keep it on a lock. And while I do that you’re going to spill your guts.”

“I like my guts where they are you know,” I remarked as the black haired girl pulled me out off my bed with a strap on my jacket.

“Well I don’t. They need some rearranging,” Jessica replied. When we got into the bathroom she led me over to the shower. “Just kneel on your knees and rest your side against the wall, leaning forward a bit. I’m going to clean your hair while trying to get your body wet as little as possible.”

“Okay.” I followed her instructions as she tossed off her jacket and pushed her sleeves up to her elbows.

“Ready?”

“As much as I’ll ever be.” I closed my eyes as the cold water started its assault on my head. Jessica hummed for a little as she massaged my head.

“So did you get to go outside?”

“For a little. I didn’t feel too good so I came back early,” I replied.

“Well that’s a lie. Why’d you lie about feeling sick?” I cursed Jessica for being observant.

“Fine. It was too awkward. Johnny acted like I didn’t exist, Zacky ended up getting uncomfortable, and Matt and Jimmy were pissed off. I felt weird so I left,” I explained, shrugging a little. I heard the familiar sound of the shampoo bottle opening, spitting some out, and it clicking shut again. Jessica began to lather in the shampoo.

“Well Johnny is a stupid boy. He may be counted as an adult, but he’s still a child.” It was silent for a few moments. “How do you feel about Johnny?”

I let out an exaggerated sigh. “Didn’t we talk about this yesterday?”

“I have a short memory span. Enlighten me, what was the answer again?”

“I. Don’t. Know.”

“You are a horrible liar. At least to me you are. Now tell me the truth.” I grumbled some incoherent words under my breath, most of them being very rude names for Jessica.

“Okay, so I like him a bit-”

“A-hem.”

“Hey, you’re lucky you got that. It’s not like I’m head over heels in love with him or something.”

“Oh don’t worry, you will be,” Jessica interjected suddenly as she grabbed the conditioner.

“How are you so sure?”

“You know that quote ‘opposites attract’?”

“What of it?”

“While that’s true, similarities attract a lot more. You and Johnny are so much alike it’s like you’re two of the same person.”

“Are you just saying that ‘cause we’re both short?”

“Well, a little. But you do seem a lot alike.”

“Except for the fact I have a vagina and he has a penis.”

“Well I would hope so.”

“Can we talk about something besides my nonexistent relationships?” I exclaimed. It fell silent as Jessica finished, shutting off the water. She draped a towel over my head and began to rub it to get as much water as possible out. “Jessica?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you have a boyfriend back home?” It fell silent for a moment. “Oh, don’t try holding anything back on me. You asked and got an answer, the least you can do is answer the same.”

“Fine. No, I don’t.” The tone of voice she used made me know something was up.

“What happened to the last one?” Jessica let out a heavy sigh.

“Lots of things. Drugs and alcohol were the main points. He was also an abusive sonofabitch. He was lucky Jimmy and I came here or Jimmy probably would have killed the bitch. He didn’t find out until the night before we got picked up. What we think is he called the cops because Jimmy had seen my bruises and I had ratted him out.”

“I would kill the asshole personally,” I muttered.

“Well when we get out there will be seven us to kill him then,” Jessica joked.

“That’s another thing, why do you keep saying when we get out? Weren’t you the one that told me to not get my hopes up?” I demanded, looking up when she took the towel away, tossing it in the hamper. She silently brushed my hair a bit. “Jessie?”

“It’s nothing Brenda. Just hopeful thinking. We need it,” Jessica stated absentmindedly, helping me stand to my feet, placing down her brush. I didn’t press on as she left the bathroom. Suddenly my bladder hit me full blast.

“Jessicaaaaa,” I whined, doing the ‘potty dance’. Jessica peeped her head in with a ‘hmm?’, laughing when she saw me.

“You are so lucky I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting: Hanny Gates, JaspersGirl108, Rhi_LoveMeHateMe, Christ!, hachie, midlipsters, violetriddle, and secrets-that-die. Sorry it took so long. Again with a lot of drama shit. And this came up shorter than usual so I guess this will be counted as a filler. New layout tho! I like it more. On the random note we finished reading To Kill A Mockingbird in class. Fuck what people say, I liked that book :) Anyways, comment please <3