I Need a Hero

"You can have her back. She doesn’t like my hugs.”

I woke up the next morning, technically later in the morning, almost bouncing in my bed. It was finally time to get this goddamn jacket off. Nick had promised me last night that he’d unlock it when he came to get Jessica, knowing I’ll want to take a long, body cleansing shower. I mean, it has been three days since I got to clean my whole body, I needed that.

Shockingly Rodger was the farthest thing on my mind. I noticed that the last two days I had been hating him and thinking of him more than needed. Maybe I was just so fuckin’ happy that Johnny was finally getting out. Johnny. Just his name was enough to almost make me squeal of joy. I had been underestimating my feelings for him, this morning finally made me snap to reality. I loved him.

“Someone’s awfully giddy.” I froze, almost forgetting the fact I was sharing the room with Jessica. She was propped up by her shoulders, grinning at me knowingly. It was then I realized I had a shit eating grin on my face. I downed it to a small smile as I placed my feet on the ground.

“Well, you know, I’m getting out of this fucking straightjacket,” I shrugged off.

“And I also know the fact that Johnny is getting out today. Now spill, I know there’s something that is either going to happen or has happened that I don’t know about,” Jessica remarked, pushing the blankets off of her body.

“What is up with this idea you have of me and Johnny? It’s quite unnatural for you to obsess over your roommate and her love life,” I teased.

“Ah, ah! You said love life. I was simply referring to your crushing status. When did it become love life?”

“Isn’t that the same thing?” I asked as she headed into the bathroom to brush her teeth as she did right after she woke up every morning.

“Hardly. Crush status is who you believe that you will never get a chance with or give a chance. Love life is either dating or about to be dating. In other words you finally get or give the chance. Which are you?”

I rolled my eyes. “Are you completely serious about this whole thing?”

“I have ESP for secrets,” Jessica called, mouth full of toothpaste foam. “Now tell me or I’ll just ask Johnny and I promise to make it absolutely dreadful. Embarrassing, actually.”

“Oh geeze, fine. Johnny and I are sort of, well kind of together.” A squeal emitted from the bathroom.

“I fucking knew it! I told Nick that it was a good idea!”

“Wait a second, you told Nick to take me to him?”

“Duh! No offense to him, but not even Nick would think of something as obvious as that.”

“You are one evil bitch.”

“But you love me for it.” Suddenly a knocking came at the door. I perked up, seeing Nick in the doorway twirling a key in hand.

“I’m here to set you free!” Nick announced happily. I turned around so he could actually reach it. He unlocked it, causing me to shout in joy as my arms were free.

“My lifesaver!” I exclaimed, jumping and up hugging him around the neck. He laughed, patting my back.

“You ready to go Jess?” She nodded, coming out of the bathroom, toothpaste free. They waved to me before leaving the room, the door getting locked back as always. I ran off into the bathroom and began the shower. Fifteen minutes later every part of me was squeaky clean, literally. I brushed through my hair before hurrying into my room to change. Dark, denim shorts, a black off the shoulder pullover, black Converse, and a black beanie. Just as I was pulling on my jewelry the door opened to show Nick. He was smiling, smiling’s good.

“Ready to go?” I stood from where I had sat cross legged on my bed.

“Where are we going?”

“I promise it’s good. If it wasn’t, why would I look like this?” Nick teased.

“That doesn’t mean I don’t want so know where we’re going,” I whined as he walked away to the elevator.

“But that doesn’t mean I’m going to tell you. You only have three places to guess from so just wait ‘til we get there,” Nick said knowingly. I crossed my arms over my chest and stuck my tongue out at him. Once we reached the bottom floor he led me in the way of the backdoors.

“Ha! I was right!” I cheered, doing a little dance just as we walked out the doors.

“See you later,” was all Nick said before he disappeared. Just as I finished dancing I saw the whole group by our usual tree. Johnny and I’s eyes met causing a shit eating grin to appear on my face. As soon as he stood to his feet I ran to him at full speed. I jumped up when close to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and legs around his waist. I was actually shocked when he held his ground. My lips seemed to fuse to his as they both moved in sync. Someone clearing their throat caused us to break apart. Who else but Brian would be holding their fist in front of their mouth?

“So…when did this happen?” He asked casually.

“Who cares? I think it’s adorable!” Jessica squealed.

“Well of course you would! Girls always think couples are cute,” Jimmy remarked.

“If I remember correctly I didn’t think so with your bitch ass ex,” Jessica sang. Johnny lowered me back to the ground, but kept a hold on my hand. Not that I was complaining or anything. Matt ignored the bickering siblings to smile at us.

“But seriously, I think it’s a good choice you two made. As long as Johnny doesn’t fuck up,” Matt said, a hidden threat at the end of his sentence. Johnny just nodded.

“He’ll be fine,” I said confidently.

“Glad someone has hope in me,” Johnny muttered. I chuckled, kissing his cheek.

“Dude, I want to watch Spongebob!” Jimmy randomly whined. We all raised an eyebrow at him which caused him to cross his arms across his chest in a childish manner. “What? Don’t act like you don’t.”

“It’s just so completely random its creepy Jimbo,” Zacky remarked, shaking his head.

“I’m creepy?” Jimmy asked, his voice raising an octave. I couldn’t help my giggling at his horrified face. I let go of Johnny’s hand so I could take Jimmy into a hug.

“No, just you’re thoughts,” I corrected. He hugged me back tightly and spun me in a circle.

“Johnny, I’m stealing your girlfriend. She is my new best friend,” Jimmy announced, still holding me to his chest.

“Jimmy, she has to breathe sometime,” Matt pointed out. Jimmy let out dramatic sigh before letting go of me. I took a deep breath to refill my lungs with oxygen. Johnny laughed, patting my back a bit as I began to cough on taking too deep of breaths too quickly.

“Never. Do. That again,” I huffed. Jimmy’s face twisted into a pout.

“Nevermind Johnny. You can have her back. She doesn’t like my hugs.”

“I’m glad I’m just like a CD getting passed around.”

“Can I have her next?” Brian asked, raising his hand in the air.

“No!” Everyone shouted. It was then Brian’s turn to pout.

“What is going on today anyways? Usually three of us are in therapy by now,” I pointed out.

“You don’t know?” Jessica asked in shock. I slowly shook my head. “It’s visiting day!”

“Visiting day?” I echoed. “We have visiting day?”

“Of course!” My world seemed to explode from lack of logic. Mental hospitals have visiting days? How the hell did they decide that would totally work?

“That’s…new.”

“And it’s about to start,” Jessica squealed when two nurses and Nick came outside.

“Jessica, Jimmy, Matt, and Brenda. Visitors.” My eyes flew wide. Visitor? For me? We walked over then they led us a the hallway I first walked down when I first arrived. Jimmy and Jessica went into on conference room, Matt into another, and me in the last. I couldn’t believe my eyes.

“No fucking way!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Thanks for commenting: hachie, HotelBellaMuerte., ExterminatorXDiamond, Rhi_LoveMeHateMe, midlipsters, a7xgirl6661, Hanny Gates, JaspersGirl108, secrets-that-die, and violetriddle. Haha, I had to throw in this chapter. It made me smile and I needed that with all the stress at home. Comment? <3