Remembering Sunday

You can't go forcing something if it's just not right

I was busy looking through some materials at work when Bailey walked in with some flowers, we’d been best friend since we were 18 and we’re now 22.

“Someone’s loved,” I teased.

“Yeah you they’re from Greg” she smiled and I rolled my eyes, “Any reason?” she added.

“Not that I know” I replied.

“Lexi he loves you so much how can you not be the happiest girl in the world?” she asked setting them down on the side near the window.

“I am happy!” I snapped back tried of the same argument.

“Happy but not as happy as you should be. You’ve got a great job, friends, a flat you share with a boyfriend who thinks the world of you. You know full well he wants to marry you” she said.

"Bailey leave it, I’m tried of this, it’s my decision!” I warned and she nodded sitting at her desk.

I jumped as she slammed her hand down “Give me a reason why you won’t marry him?” she asked.

“It just doesn’t feel right, it’s not the time” I replied as she sighed.

"Please tell me it’s nothing to do with him?” she asked.

“What the hell made you ask that?” I replied without looking up.

“Because since I mentioned the word marry you’ve not stopped playing with that thing!” she said.

By ‘that thing’ she meant the ring on my right ring finger and by ‘him’ she meant the boy that gave me it, when I was 15 I started dating a boy and we fell in love, sure it was teenager love to start with but in time it grew to real love and I thought he was the one and we both wore eternity rings.

It was the happiest I’d ever been, at 18 we left school and I started college to become an interior designer and he followed his dream of being a musician. When we were 20 he had to go away to work on his album with the rest of the band and although we missed each other the long distance thing really did work out for us until he came home.

I was so excited to see him and I rang him first thing but he was out with his band mates even though we’d made plans; he chose his band mates he saw everyday over me, we argued and 2 days later we broke up and I’ve not seen him since.

Everything changed I was so upset but a year later I met Greg and we fell in love, I loved Greg but it felt like something was missing sometimes.

“Bailey it’s nothing to do with him” I said smiling and she nodded.

“I just don’t want Alex Gaskarth ruining anymore of your life” she said and I nodded.