I'm a Fake

Forgiveness

The first of the next month had passed. I had gone to see my mom again and now I was standing inside the airport, waiting for my flight to be called. I probably had another 30 minutes to wait. I had left Frank’s house this morning while everyone was asleep, and took a taxi to the nearest airport. Frank didn’t know I was going to stay with my aunt in Florida. Linda knew though. I had at least told her. I just couldn’t handle seeing Frank’s face when I told him I was going to go live with my aunt. Like we both agreed, this was for the best.

I leaned back in the chair I was sitting in and closed my eyes. I would only be in Florida till the summer and then I could come back. Hopefully things would be better when I returned. I opened my eyes and looked at my watch, 10 more minutes. I stood up and was about to start getting my things organized when something, I should say someone, caught my eye.

“Frank,” I said. He looked upset. “What are you doing here?”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were going?” he asked.

“I just couldn’t Frank,” I said. I looked down.

I felt Frank’s arms wrap around me and I let out a sob.

“Vanessa?” Frank said after a minute.

“What?” I said.

“I forgive you,” he whispered, burying his face in my hair. I pulled away from him to look at his face.

“What?” I said.

“I forgive you,” he said again. “I love you too goddamned much to stay mad at you.”

I smiled.

“Flight 180 to Florida is now boarding at Gate 5,” a voice said overhead. I frowned.

“I have to go Frank,” I said.

“Don’t,” Frank said.

“I just need to get away Frank,” I said. “I love you so much, but I just need to get away for now. I’ll be back in the summer.”
Frank nodded his head. He understood.

“I’ll be waiting for you,” he said. I leaned forward and kissed him. Then I moved my mouth to his ear.

“I love you,” I whispered.

“I love you too,” said Frank.

I grabbed my bags and headed away from Frank, my love, with tears streaming down my face. Had I made the right decision?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this is the last one. There will definately be a sequel! I want to thank everyone who subscribed and commented! I <3 you all! This is for you!
~Sally