I'm a Fake

Unpacking

“I hope you don’t mind staying in Frank’s room,” Mrs. Iero said to me. “Normally I wouldn’t allow this but there’s literally no other place for you to sleep in this house.”

“That’s ok,” I lied. This was going to suck. It was bad enough I had to stay in the same house as the person I hate the most. Now I had to share a room with him.

“Well, I’ll leave you to get settled,” Mrs. Iero said, giving me a slight smile before turning and going back downstairs. I just stood in the doorway to Frank’s room. What now?

“There’s some empty drawers in the dresser by the window,” said Frank suddenly, making me jump a little. “You can put your clothes in there.”

“Ok,” I said. I walked over to the dresser. “Which one’s are empty?”

“Bottom three,” he said, without moving his eyes away from the magazine.

I quickly unpacked, putting all the clothes I had brought with me into the three drawers. After I was done I didn’t know what to do with my suitcase.

“Where can I put my suitcase?” I asked. He glanced at me and then at the suitcase in my hands.

“You can put it under my bed,” he said, returning to his magazine. I slowly walked over to his bed, and slipped it under quickly.

Now having nothing else to do, I lay down on the mattress on the floor and stared up at the ceiling. It wasn’t so bad staying here right now. Frank wasn’t bugging me or trying to be nice.

“Vanessa,” said Frank suddenly. I spoke, excuse me, thought too soon.

“What?” I said, trying to not sound too annoyed. It was silent for a moment.

“Never mind,” he finally said. I must have sounded more annoyed than I meant to. Oh well. Maybe he’d leave me alone for the rest of the night or even more luckily for the rest of my life. But that was a long shot.
♠ ♠ ♠
I never got much feedback on my stories on Quizilla..so just the few comments I have are making me really happy ^_^
~Sally