I'm a Fake

Morning

I must have fallen asleep because I was awoken by someone shaking me. When I opened my eyes and saw it was Frank trying to wake me up, I sat up and shoved him away from me hard, causing him to fall over and hit his head on the nightstand next to his bed.

“Shit,” I said. I actually felt a little worried. I didn’t mean to push him. He just startled me. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah,” he said, standing up and rubbing his head where he had bumped it. “Just a bump. I was just waking you up to tell you to get ready for school.”

“Oh, ok,” I said. I didn’t apologize for pushing him. I didn’t feel the need to. He left his room, closing the door behind him.

I got up and grabbed some clothes from the drawers I had put them in last night and got dressed quickly. I put on some shoes and grabbed my book bag, before heading downstairs.

When I got downstairs I went into the kitchen.

“Good morning, Vanessa,” said Mrs. Iero. “Did you sleep good last night?”

“Yes,” I said. I looked over at Frank who was eating a bowl of cereal. I felt my stomach grumble slightly at the sight of food.

“That’s good,” she said, smiling. “Well, I have to get to work. Vanessa there’s cereal in the cabinet next to the fridge if you’d like something to eat. Have a good day at school you two.”

She left the kitchen and a minute later I heard the front door open and then close. I set my bag on the floor and went over to the cabinet to get some cereal.

After I finished my cereal it was time to start heading to school. As Frank and I walked out the door, I didn’t wait for him as he checked to make sure the door was locked. I stayed ahead of him on the way to school and he didn’t try to catch up to me. I smiled to myself. Perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments!
~Sally