Status: Hiatus

Beautifully Written

Remember Our Sophomore Year?

The thing about sophomore year was that it was so difficult to get through. Our freshman year we both had jobs, but they were simple and we still got to spend time together, but sophomore year was different.

We both had horrible schedules, each of us having a class when the other didn't, and we were always working in our free time. Whenever we did get a chance to get together it was always rushed since we had to be somewhere within a short period of time.

We fought a lot. About anything and everything. If we ever had time to get together for more than a few minutes it always ended in a fight and one of us storming out. The strain on our relationship was becoming evident, even to all of our friends. Sometimes we’d all get together for lunch and you and I would end up in a full blown argument over nothing and they’d just sit back and watch us fall apart. The only time we were together and not completely fighting was when we went to New York for New Year's but right when we got back to our schedules the fighting started up again.

We were both suffering from exhaustion, from fighting, from school, and from work. I didn’t want to end it with you, and even if I did I wouldn’t have been able to bring myself to do it.

I remember around the middle of the school year we were arguing about not ever seeing each other, telling each other to drop some classes, or to quit their job –but neither of us wanted to do that.

“This is getting old real fast, Annabelle. If you really want to spend time with me you’ll have to try harder instead of spending all your time at work or in school.” I hissed as I sat down on the edge of my bed.

You stood in front of me with your arms crossed and your lips pressed into a thin line, “Well I am so sorry that me having a job and actually going to school bothers you so much. Would you rather have me be a complete failure?” You yelled.

“That’s not what I said or even meant!” I growled standing back up, “I am saying that you need to make some adjustments to your schedule.”

“I’m not changing my schedule so that we can spend time together. Why don’t you change your schedule?” You spat.

“You know that I have the stricter schedule. I have the teachers that never let anybody change their class time, and my job rarely even gives me breaks!” I replied angrily.

You stood there glaring up at me for a few moments before you took a step back and your tense pose softened, your arms dropping to your sides. “I can’t do this anymore.” You said quietly. “I can’t fight with you every five seconds that we’re together.”

I felt myself tense even more at your words. I swallowed, “Are we breaking up?” I asked as I slowly sat back down on my bed. I looked down at my shoes and started thinking of things that could get you to stay.

You walked over and sat next to me before resting your head on my shoulder, “I don’t want to, but Ben, I really don’t know what else to do.”

“I love you.” I blurted and wrapped my arm around you to pull you closer.

You looked up at me, “What?” You asked.

“I love you.” I repeated looking you right in the eye, “And I don’t want us to end.”

You gave me a small smile, “I love you too.” You whispered. I remember my stomach bursting with butterflies right when you said those words.

I grinned at you and kissed you before getting down to business, “Look, I’ll quit my job and get something with more flexible hours. We’ll spend more time together, and we’ll make this work.”

You chuckled, “No, I’ll quit my job. I hate it there anyways.” You said and kissed me again.

“You should try to get a job where I work. We’d be able to see each other all the time.” I suggested.

“I thought they weren’t hiring?” You asked.

I shrugged, “I can pull some strings. Although, you’ll probably start out just washing dishes.”

“That’s fine, as long as I get paid better than I do now.” You said.

I rubbed your back, “Trust me, you will.”

You smiled, “Thank God.” Your smile fell when your phone started going off in your pocket. You sighed, “Sorry to do this to you, but I have to go to work…” You said getting up.

I grabbed your wrist gently and pulled you onto my lap, “Don’t go.” I said holding you tightly.

You laughed, “Ben, as much as I’d love to stick around I still do have a job.”

“But you’re getting another one.” I replied.

“You don’t know that for sure.” You said cuddling into my chest.

“Just call in sick.” I said, “I want to spend time with you.”

“Fine.” You sighed and grabbed your phone before calling your boss.

“I love you.” I whispered and kissed your neck.

“I love you too, Ben.” You replied quietly before you said you weren’t feeling well and wouldn’t be going into work.

I was ecstatic to get to the chance to spend more time with you, and even happier because you said you loved me. You didn’t just like me anymore –you loved me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so so so so so so very sorry for how late this is. My excuse is that I had no idea what to write about. I know where I want to go with this story, it's just the filler chapters that I'm lost on. This is all coming from a girl who has never had a boyfriend, so I think I'm doing pretty well so far? I mean, I really don't know anything about how a guy acts if they really like somebody so I'm making it up. Hopefully there are some guys out there that have hearts.

Anyways, I'm done with my midterms (took two weeks, thanks to snow days -.-) and I have today off (thanks to a snow day) and I have monday off (thanks to make up day!) so I promise I will update once or twice everyday this weekend, and all I'm asking for in return is a little feedback. I know I haven't updated a lot, but I would really like to hear what you think, (aside from these last few chapters since I'm quite aware that they suck, I'll edit them later) it would mean a lot to me and give me some motivation.

And so now that my little speech is done and over with...

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBE

P.S. If you have any ideas, want something to happen, etc. message me or comment and I'll see what I can do :)