Marauders.

Autumn

"No. No. No. Juliet. I can't. What don’t you get?" I attempted to wrestle out of her iron grip.
She pouted like a child then peered right into my face.
"I don’t get it. He won’t remember us! Scaredy cat!" Juliet giggled impishly but then frowned and sighed as she realised that I wasn’t going to budge.
I squirmed and cringed...just remembering,

"Juliet. You don’t understand. He- when you went- I- Well- Um-"
How do I explain? Ack. A shiver ran down my back. I could feel heat blushing in my cheeks furiously.
Why did he have to be our teacher THIS year?
I mean, sure, Defence Against the Dark Arts teachers never stay longer than a year.
WHY WAS HE TEACHING THIS YEAR?
MY LIFE ISN’T FAIR.

"Autumnnnnn~" Juliet flapped her hands about, "Either you tell me what’s on your mind or you-"
She was interrupted as a voice called us into class. His voice.
I felt my blood run cold.
Crap.
Well, I thought as I wiped my sweaty palms on my skirt, He might not remember...
Might.

A big 'might'.
I scowled at Juliet and muttered, "Just so you know. You started this. It’s all your fault."
"What'd I do?!" She blew out her cheeks then laughed. "Come onnnnn you moody thing you."
Her hands pushed my back so I had no choice but to enter the dusky classroom.
"Morning Ethan... Brooke that essay on werewolves was excellent! Well done..." Lupin was ushering his students in.
Sheepishly, I attempted to hide behind Juliet’s back. Didn’t help that she is about a foot tall and offers no shield WHAT so ever.
"Hello Juliet. Au- Oh. Hello. Autumn."
He spoke the words separately. Like he had lost the ability to string to together a normal sentence.
I had never felt so awkward in my life.

His brown eyes were staring at me like he had seen a ghost.
...Or perhaps like he was seeing someone from his teenage years who hadn’t changed a bit.
Awh crud.
His face went as red as mine felt.
Instead of gawking like an idiot, I avoided all confrontation and literally flew to my seat to shove my glowing face into a textbook.
I peeked over; watching as Lupin hesitantly strode to the front of the class.
He eyes me nervously but then cleared his throat and clapped his hands together.
"Ok, class. So today, we will be learning about Redcapps..."

When the bell went, after what felt like an entire day, relief swept over me.
Getting out of this classroom and asking to switch to a different subject was all I could think about.
That’s why, as I was preparing my ready exit, I was once again filled with dread as Lupin’s voice called across the room.
"Autumn, I’d like to see you about your homework please."
"Oh fuck." About homework.
Absolute bullshit.
Juliet stuck her tongue out at me, then winked and skipped out of the door, where my exit lay...
The hope of escaping without talking to him was fading fast.

So everyone left, and sooner than I would have liked, it was just me and him. Alone.
He was stood at the front of the class, rubbing the back of his head.
I scooted over nervously. Damn my blushing cheeks.
"Er... you wanted to see me Professor?" Great Autumn. Way to sound as fake as possible.
"Yes..hm, how do I say this..."
'Don’t.' I was tempted to say. But instead bit my lip and shrugged.

"Earlier today, I remembered something from my childhood..." He looked at me curiously.
I wanted to look away and whistle but that would have been far too suspicious.
"So?" I retained my apathetic attitude.
"Well, you see, the curious thing is, you were there. And your friend Juliet. In fact, I’m pretty sure your other two friends were there too."
"Draco and Jasper?" I asked, trying to sound as surprised as I could.
"Yes..." He narrowed his eyes to peer at me. My eyes widened. Ah crap, we have been caught out.

He didn’t look THAT much different from when he was 17 to be honest. A few more scars, less hair, dark bags under his eyes.
This scene was just all too similar.
Except this time he was the right age.

"I-I- Well, that’s interesting." I started to back away, twiddling my hands nervously.
"I’m sorry." The look vanished from his face and he was back to being teacher again.
"No, I was probably wrong. Run along now."
He waved his hand, confused.
"Er...Ok!" I’m not letting this opportunity go to waste. "Laters, Professor."

As I fled out the door, Juliet pounced on me.
"AH! Don’t scare me like that!" I pushed her away.
"Whatever. Sooooo?"
"So what?"
"What did he want?"
"He wanted to congratulate me on being most popular person in our school." I trailed sarcastically, "What do you think he wanted, idiot?"
I tapped her lightly on her head.
"Are you going to tell me?"
"Tell you what?"
"What happened between you two back then?"
"Never."
"Never?"
"Never."

We didn’t notice but Lupin was approaching to shut the door behind us.
So he overheard when Juliet pouted and said, "Well, I could just steal another time turner and go look for myself."
"You'll do no such thi-"
"Time turner?!" Lupin said.
I whipped round and saw on his face how the pieces slotted into place. My cheeks flushed again.

"JULIET I HATE YOU SO MUCH!"
"AUTUMN OUCH LET GO."
"GIRLS! STOP FIGHTING!"
"I LIKED SIRIUS MORE THAN YOU. SHUSH."
"JULIET, YOU DON’T TALK TO A TEACHER LIKE THAT!"
"QUITE RIGHT. 10 POINTS FROM HUFFLEPUFF."
"HA!"
"OH SHUSH. GO SNOG-"
"YOU DO NOT WANT TO FINISH THAT SENTENCE! EW! DONT LICK MY HAND!"

Lupin grabbed us both by our collars and held us at arm’s length to stop us scrapping.
"You girls have a LOT of explaining to do."
"Awkwardddd~" Juliet sang.
"SHUT UP!"