Status: In Progress. Let me know what you think.

Speak Now

I want to hear you sing more...

5 am. 5 am. 5 am. 5 freaking AM.

“Remind me again, why I want to start this early Jace.” I said sitting at my piano on the stage getting ready to rehearse.

“You wanted to have the evening for yourself. And you didn’t want any crazy people stalking you here.” Jace replied.

“Yeah, well I’m rethinking my philosophy.” I said, playing a few random notes. “At least I don’t have to suffer alone. Nick said he would be here too.”

“I’m not surprised. That kid’s in live with you.” Jace replied. I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Jace is my favorite body guard; he’s more like my best friend than anything. We talk about everything. He’s also very blunt with his opinions.

“No he’s not.” I retaliated. “He just wants to get stated early and..”

“Right, keep telling yourself that. Anyways he’s here now.” Jace cut me off.

“Loser.” I mumbled. “Good Morning Sunshine.” I sang as Nick and Rob walked up the stairs.

“Good morning.” Nick smiled. “Taylor Salvatore, this is Big Rob. Big Rob this is Taylor.” He introduced us.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Rob.” I said standing up.

“The pleasure is all mine Miss Salvatore.”

“Please, just call me Taylor…or Saleena whichever you prefer.” I said giving him a hug. “Now that someone is here that isn’t tone deaf..”I spoke so Jace would know I was talking about him. “I can get an opinion on my song.” I finished.

“Thanks Leena, love you too. I’ll just go over in the corner.” Jace replied.

“You do that.” Secret number two, Jace and I joke all the time.

[SPEAK NOW]

“So are you two dating?” Nick asked? Once we had sat down at my piano.

“Who? Jace and I? No, he’s my bodyguard, who happens to be a good friend.” I replied.

“Oh.” Was his replied. Jace gave me a look that clearly said ‘I-Told-You-So’.

“Anyways, my sister is getting married soon and I promised to write a song for the wedding. It’s obviously going to sound different because it’s not meant to be on piano only but here goes…”

Tall dark and superman
He puts papers in his briefcase and drives away
To save the world or go to work
It's the same thing to me
Hes got his mothers eyes, his fathers ambition
I wonder if he knows how much that I miss him
And I know every word that you say, yay
You smile and say, "How are you?"
I say, "Just fine"
I always forget to tell you, I love you, I love you ... forever

I watch superman fly away
You've got a busy day today
Go save the world I'll be around
I watch superman fly away
Come back I'll be with you someday
I'll be right here on the ground
When you come back down

Talk dark and beautiful
He's complicated, he's irrational
But I hope someday you take me away and save the day, yeah
Something in his deep browns eyes has me singin'
He's not as bad like this reputation
I can't hear one single word they said, no
You really got places to be and I'll be old then
I always forget to tell you I love you, I loved you from the very first day

I watch superman fly away
You've got a busy day today
Go save the world I'll be around
I watch superman fly away
Come back I'll be with you someday
I'll be right here on the ground
When you come back down

And I watch you fly around the world
And I hope your you don’t save some other girl
I hope you don't forget about me
I'm far away but I'll never let you go
I'm lovestruck and looking out the window
Don't forget, don't forget where I'll be
Right here wishing the flowers were from you
Wishing the card was from you
Wishing the call was from you

'cause I loved you from the very first day

I watch superman fly away
You've got a busy day today to save the world
I'll be around forever and ever here
I watch superman fly away
I swear I'll be with you someday
I'll be right here on the ground
When you come back down

La, la, la

When you come back down


“So what did you think?” I began to question Nick even before the last note faded away.

“It was…amazing. They’re going to love it. I know I do.”

“Thank you. I can’t wait to show them…” I said.

“When are you showing them?” Nick asked.

“At the wedding.” I replied. “It’s a surprise.”

Nick and I laughed. I love his laugh…hmm, I could write a song about that. Or two… I wonder if he would mind? I know I wouldn’t mind having a song written for or about my by him…oh crap now I’m talking to myself…pshh whatever.

“We should start rehearsing. Before the day is over.” I said standing up. “You can go first if you want.” I offered.

“No, you go. I want to hear you sing some more.” Awe, how cute. “Wait, forget I said that out loud.” Nick added quickly.

“Naw, I don’t think I will.”

“Please? That what supposed to stay in my head.”

“Relax, it was cute. I won’t tell anyone though.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Banners?

Thanks to NJ_Lovebug for the banner....however it won't show up on here so I'm gonna put the link up. It's really nice. Banner!