Daughter of the Night

The protagonist of this story is a vampiress who lives in solitude even in the middle of New York City, struggling to overcome fear of her past and of Dracula, the father of vampires. She meets an interesting human along the way, the first person whom she befriends in more than half a century, yet just when she begins to value his company, the local werewolves step in, and the plot escalates from there...
  1. Prologue
    An introduction to the vampiress and her story...
  2. Bar Fight
    The vampiress goes hunting, but she wasn't quite expecting what she finds...
  3. I'm Not Batty!
    The vampiress drops off her witness at the hospital and proceeds to visit her
  4. Expendable Hobbies
    While the vampiress visits a city library to catch up on her reading, she is rudely interrupted by the very boy whom she saved earlier...
  5. Tea is for Vampires
    AAAH!!! Cross's first social interaction with another intelligent being in over fifty years! And they go to Starbucks...
  6. Dogs Are Dumb
    So Cross and Aaron encounter some rather irritable werewolves at Starbucks...
  7. Laced Coffee
    Cross schedules another meeting date with Aaron before she has the unfortunate realization that the werewolves will use Aaron to get to her, and that they probably already have...
  8. Chains
    So Cross and Aaron are taken to the werewolf headquarters, and after a series of confusing hostage-juggling acts, Cross is fully immobilized...
  9. Operation: Panther (Part 1)
    Switching to Aaron's perspective, he tries to get Cross out of the werewolf headquarters on his own...
  10. Operation: Panther (Part II)
    Aaron continues his mission to find Cross and smuggle her out of the HQ...
  11. Operation: Panther (Part III)
    Aaron's rescue attempt finally pays off as he tracks down his friend...
  12. Extreme Friendships
    Back to Cross's P.O.V., this chapter is her discussion with Aaron upon her awakening.
  13. Biker Chick Versus Hobbit
    Cross and Aaron go shopping before they leave the Big Apple...
  14. Midnight Train
    Cross and Aaron hitch a train going out to D.C., and Cross has a flashback...
  15. Betrayed?!
    Cross has separated from Aaron, but he catches up to her... leading a group of Fae warriors!
  16. Getting Dragged to Court
    Cross is forcibly introduced to the Summer Queen of the Court of the Fae, yet why does Aaron know so much?
  17. Summer Knight
    Aaron's identity is revealed...
  18. Start Talking. Now.
    Cross and Aerrin have time alone to discuss the events leading up to Cross's capture. She is feeling hurt and betrayed by her supposed-to-be-friend.
  19. Cutting Loose
    Cross escapes the Summer Palace and goes... clubbing. LOL
  20. Consequences
    The story switches to Aerrinaekaiyan's perspective as he resumes his duties as Summer Knight...
  21. Old Friends, Old Enemies
    Aerrin has to carry out his sentence before he can resume his title...
  22. Gathering Information
    Aerrin completes the mission assigned to him by the Queen...
  23. Reunion
    Cross returns to the Summer Palace to talk to the Summer Knight and maybe smooth things out...
  24. Forging Alliances
    Cross forms a pact with the Fae before resolving her differences with Aerrin...
  25. The Enemy's Enemy
    Cross and Aerrin spar, as promised, although they are interrupted by the Queen, who has a mission for them...
  26. Easier Said Than Done
    Cross and Aerrin have to return to the werewolf headquarters in NYC to convince the leader to call a conference of packs...
  27. Honor Duel (Part I)
    Aerrin's method of dealing with the werewolves...
  28. Honor Duel (Part II)
    ... I feel like the title is self-explanatory.
  29. Caught in the Act
    Aerrin begins a long recovery back at the Summer Palace, where Cross... well, just read it.
  30. The Flight
    Cross reminisces over her escape from New York with Aerrin...
  31. Knight's Past (Part I)
    Aerrin recovers enough for Cross to visit him in the hospital...
  32. Knight's Past (Part II)
    Aerrin recalls his life up to the present...
  33. Redemption
    Aerrin figures out a way to get back in Cross's good graces...
  34. Uncovering Secrets
    Cross and Aerrin set off to purge the city, but someone awaits them in the night...
  35. Old Grudges
    Cross and Aerrin try to make it back to the Summer Palace. And I say try because they really did have to try. Ha just read it.