Rui's One-Shot Collection

Give Me a Reason: A Tamaki Suoh One-shot for HarajukuGirl4825

I've always been a calculating person [mostly influences by my father's occupation.]

If I knew that one thing was going to benefit me, they I would strive for it.

If I knew it wasn't, then I wouldn't.

But... my weak point was judging the things that were in the "in between."

You see I might have been good at choosing which decisions to make, but to another
calculating person, I was pretty much just another a gambler in this game we call "life."

When I didn't know whether something was good or bad for me, I would just say, "Hey, you, just flip a coin. It won' t matter much whether you win or lose this one time, anyways."

But what I didn't know was that if you took a gamble on love, it could only end in two ways...

One.

The happiest ending in the world...

Or two...

Heartache.

_______

"Good morning, young miss," A row of maids greeted me as I walked through the large hallway to get to the dining room in my pajamas. I smiled at them.

"Good Morning, Minna," I slurred as two maids guided me from hall to to hall.

Hey, I might have been smart but that didn't mean that I had a good sense of direction. If it wasn't for my maids, I probably would've gotten lost in my own bathroom.

"Good Morning Niamyi-sama." The head butler, Mao, greeted as he brought me my daily breakfast selection. "What would you like to have today?"

"The usual," I replied and he nodded. "Thank you Mao-kun."

"It's my pleasure Niamyi-sama." He bowed and exited the door.

A few minutes later, he and a group of butlers came out with a large plate of pancakes, and an enormous container of my favorite kind of tea, earl grey.

My smile grew wider as I looked down at the pancakes and tea.

"Thank you, Minna," I smiled softly, "Itadakimasu."

++++++++++++

"Niamyi Tetsura," the girls gathered around me, "Your father is amazing! How many international crisis cases has he solved so far?"

I looked up at them and smiled.

"Around 157... I think... hehe..." I said, putting one hand behind my head and ruffling my curly black locks of hair.

"Wow, Tetsura-chan. Your dad is like a modern day superhero... Solving all those cases like that... it makes me wonder what it's like."

Well, if you haven't noticed yet, my father is pretty famous. In fact, he's a little too famous, especially for a person with an occupation like his.

You see, my father's name is Hazuki Tetsura, and he's a world class detective- the best of the best. He's been working since I was a young toddler, so when my mother died when I was 4, I was only taken care of my Mao and the rest of the staff there at my father's mansion. The truth was that I hadn't seen him in 3 years, so I didn't really feel comfortable talking about him anymore. Well, not like I did when I was 12 or something. But being 17, I felt like our father-daughter relationship had already run its course, so instead, I decided that it was necessary to form other relations with him. And that's when I started learning how to calculate everything- from my actions to my character towards certain people.

Instead of being just his daughter, I wanted to overcome being in his shadow, and make myself someone he could work alongside with, whether it was as a partner or as a rival.

I wanted to mean something to him, because I could tell that being a daughter was simply not enough.

To me, only two other relationships were possible...
and so I became like him.

Acting this way in school was just practice.

In the real world, I was known as "FUSHI," another world class detective and my father's rival... sort of like that guy from that one anime... who was it again?

Oh yes, L Lawliet. (from death note)

[What a charmer, eh?]

Yes, very much like him [Sweets and all.] I wasn't one with endangering myself by exposing my name to the public. It would only cause problems everywhere I went... and more so, Students of Ouran weren't granted permission to have jobs in the first place, right?

"Hey, Niamyi-chan, have you ever visited the host club?"

I shook my head.

What good was gonna come out of attending such a trivial event after school while, at the same time, I could be solving a bunch of small, local crimes from the comfort of my home desktop?

"Would you like to join us then? If you're interested, they have tea and cakes-"

My ears seemed to perk up like a dog's, as I heard those two keywords.

Tea.

Cakes.

"Alright. I'll go." I said too quickly.

All of them had wide smiles on their faces, as if they were planning something.

Oh great, I thought, they've caught me.

+++++++++++++

"Welcome..." the group of 7 boys said, just as the door opened, releasing thousands of rose petals into the air.

Only seconds before, I was about to speak to the girls who had brought me there, until the door opened on my face.

I fell to the ground in shock and I was about to ask the two girls to help me up, but then the roses came and flew into my mouth.

I spit them out wiped my tongue furiously.

The girls laughed at me and I shot them glares, which they ignored.

"Need help?" A girly voice asked me, as I grumpily laid there on the floor, flower petals surrounding me.

I looked up to see that well-known "boy" from my class.

The "boy" known as Haruhi Fujioka.

...What? Did you think I didn't know about her cross-dressing problems? Anyone should have been able to tell that Haruhi was a girl. No guy would ever look like she ever did... But the reason for her preference to wear male clothes was way beyond me...

If anything, it must have been because of this "Host Club."

But to be sure, I would have to do a little bit of an investigation on them.

I took her hand and smiled at her.

"Thanks, Haruhi-chan." I said, winking a bit.

She let go of my hand slowly and then looked at me.

"Hehe, so how do you know my name?" she asked.

But the Hitachiin twins cut me off before I could say anything.

"That's Niamyi Tetsura. She's always been in our class Haruhi." The one that seemed like "Kaoru" said.

"Kaoru's right," Hikaru said, "She's always the one being surrounded by the rest of the class... So what brings you here, Little Miss Daddy's girl?"

Hikaru's voice was just a little bit harsh, but I didn't really mind. The whole time he had been talking, I'd been cheering in my head for being able to tell the two apart... but I guess, that was because of all the years we had been together in the same school.

"Actually, Hikaru, I'm here for tea and cake. So don't bother me with your snotty little attitude. I don't understand why you can't be nicer like Kaoru... At least he doesn't bother me like you do..." I crossed my arms at him.

Kaoru laughed, and Haruhi chuckled a bit.

"So what Haruhi says is true," Kaoru said a bit happily, as he laughed, with his hands on his stomach as he tried to ease the pain.

Hikaru turned a bit red from embarrassment but crossed his arms as well, while he thought of a comeback.

"Well, what are you going to do about it? Call your "daddy" and tell him that someone is bothering you..."

I glowered at him, letting a scowl slip from my normal facade, before I relaxed it again.

"For your information, I don't rely on my father In fact I haven't seen him in years, so don't push your luck with me and say something dangerous like that or you'll never live to see the next sunrise." I whispered a bit seductively, [so I wouldn't draw attention to our fight] grabbing him by the collar and bringing his face centimeters away from mine.

"Haruhi... help," Hikaru pleaded as I held him by the collar.

"Nia-" But before she could continue, there was a blob of yellow and a squeal of delight, as I suddenly felt myself being held my a pair of strong arms.

I yelped a bit, since I was easily scared. But then I saw that familiar hairstyle and those same liquid eyes. I almost blushed when I saw who it was...

Tamaki Souh, the prince.

"MOTHERRR!! LOOK!! LOOK AT THIS GIRLLL!!! SHE'S PERFECT FOR THIS CLUB!!" I heard him say as I was lifted into the air like a doll, and brought to the mysterious Kyoya Ohtori, while Tamaki looked like a happy golden retriever, who wanted to play.

The calculating boy looked at me from head to toe, not even stopping to look at me in the eyes. Then, after writing some other things down, he looked up from his abstruse black notebook.

"Alright," the boy said, shifting his glasses closer to his face.

The princely boy swooped me up off my feet again, and then began to spin me around, in happiness.

"You shall be the Naughty Type, version 2!" Tamaki said, as he continued to spin me...

And that's exactly how I was introduced to Ouran High School's Host Club.

++++++++++

"But Papaaaa," I said, pouting as I wore my seductress outfit, which was a bit to showy for my liking. "Why did you have to tell Hikaru and Kaoru to design these outfits...?"

Tamaki's eyes glistened with happiness as I called him as he had instructed. He hadn't seen my outfit yet, because he was turned away, but I knew he wasn't going to like it much.

When he turned around, his eyes widened and he threw a pillow at me, which hit me hard on the head and sent my head back into a wall. I'm pretty sure I almost passed out.

Hani-sempai and Haruhi came to my aid, with chocolate cake in their hands.

They put it up to my face, right under my nose, so I could get a whiff of its chocolatey goodness.

"Come on, Nia-chan, you can get through this!" Hani-urged, with teary eyes, as I finally came back to my senses.

All the while, I could hear the sound of glass shattering, and the twins' names being yelled while they ran around the room. I blinked and looked at Hani-sempai, opening my mouth.

"Feed me Hani-tan," I said, childishly.

Hani-sempai gave me a wide smile and put a piece of cake in my mouth.

I sat up and hugged him, then gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Thank you," I said, standing up, right before running towards the vicious papa-beast and his prey, to join in on the fun.

+++++++++

I was alone in the music room. It was way beyond host club hours, so I knew that no one else would be able to see me. I slowly walked up to a curtain and opened it, revealing a bright white grand piano on a small pedestal.

I smiled as I sat down to savor the moment.

Memories flashed in my head as I touched the piano's smooth keys, all perfectly in tune.

My mother taught me how to play the piano back when I was younger.

My dad would always stay behind us to watch...

I shook my head to rid myself of the past.

Then, with focused eyes, I looked down at the piano and played my first note.

Then came the rest.

I felt the feeling come from my heart down to my fingertips.

It was that same, simple song that my mother first taught me.

Fur Elise.

My heart felt happy and heavy at the same time; I couldn't stop my fingers from moving.

Then, I heard the door squeak and I jumped up from my seat and started falling backwards from off of the pedestal.

"WOAH! LOOK OUT!" That familiar voice shouted, running up to catch me just in time. I looked up to face my savior, to thank him for saving me, but I blushed once I found that it was that guy....

The boy that my mother used to teach, when he first moved to Japan.

The boy whose music captivated me from the very first time I heard it.

The boy who I first fell in love with.

Tamaki.

"A-are you all right?" he stammered, looking into my eyes while I got lost in his...

"A-A- I'm O- Okay." I stuttered in reply, blushing as I suddenly got off of him. "Ah.... W-well, I've got to go... Papa... Cya Tomorrow."

I tried to get out of the room as quickly as I could but before I could leave, his hand grabbed
my wrist and pulled me back, into his chest.

"Niamyi-chan, do you think about your mother when you play?" he suddenly asked.

I didn't say anything, and stayed silent as my face was buried into his chest. I was strangely enjoying this moment. His warmth made my cold cheeks warm and brought the blush out from hiding.

"I do, too." he whispered, "I think of her all of the time."

As I heard his voice, tears fell from my face. I could feel his sadness and his loneliness. I knew how he felt; living without a mother was hard... Living without true parents was hard.

His mother was taken away, and his father expects him to succeed in his business...

My mother died, and my father is always away, off on dangerous missions, fully aware that I may never be able to see his face again.

At that moment in time, as we stood alone in the Third Music Room, we were the same.

+++++++++

Once I got to my room, I dropped all of my things and started making my way to my computer room...

And when I meant computer room, I meant a room with about 20 computer monitors neatly placed on the walls, while the actual computers were hidden behind them, in another room. Each computer gave me an update on any cases that needed to be solved, information about the cases and which ones I've been requested to do.

Ever since I joined the host club, I wasn't able to look into any cases at all; I was making no progress in catching up to my dad's standards... I needed to quit, yet somehow, no matter how much I tried to, I couldn't bring myself to tear myself away from these people... even that mean Hikaru. My personal desires were getting in the way of my personal goal, and I knew that it needed to end... because host club wasn't something I could benefit from.

I looked at the picture frame that sat by my main computer monitor.

I picked it up and then slammed it down.

I couldn't bear looking at them anymore, because I would never be able to forgive myself

for what I was about to do.

I was gambling on this love, but I could no longer feel whether I was making a good or a
bad choice.

This was my dangerous gamble.

To Face Happiness or Heartache...

Which was waiting for me on the roads ahead?

+++++++++

"I'm sorry, but I have to leave, Kyoya-sempai. I'm moving out of Ouran... I have other things waiting for me in life..." I spoke, as I handed in a sealed envelope with the words "Resignation" written on them in kanji. "Please don't tell anyone until after I leave..."

He looked at the envelope in my hand and took it, nodding.

"Alright," he said, looking down at the piece of paper, reading the word over and over again in his mind.

----

Those were the last things I remember saying to Kyoya-sempai before I went back to my class to finish my last day of school...

But it's no longer that time... It was finally time for the host club to start... and time for me to begin my journey out on my own as "FUSHI." I made sure not to pass the third music room as I made my way through the halls. I was quickly moving, because I felt uneasy looking back. I felt like if I turned back, I wouldn't be able to leave and I wouldn't be able to follow my dream.

I sighed deeply when I felt the sun pouring down its rays of light onto me. I never got to say goodbye to my new family, but I knew that it would be the better thing to do. They [minus Mori-sempai, Haruhi, and Kyoya-sempai] were never going to forgive me for leaving without warning. I was sure of it.

Carrying my things, I started to walk to the gates for the last time, when I was suddenly frightened, as the gates closed on their own; I nearly dropped all of my things.

"HALT!" a great voice boomed through the speakers. "YOU CANNOT PASS THROUGH!!"

I gave in and looked back, watching as the group ran to me with great speed. I glared at the glasses boy named the Shadow King [who I knew, now, was not to be trusted] as he smirked at me.

"Why did you tell them?" I hissed as he stood by me.

He chuckled, "I didn't. Tamaki accidentally found it while he was reading one of the magazines that I had hidden it in."

"Touché." I said, turning my attention to the rest of the group.

Hani-sempai was the first one to approach me.

"You can't go, Nia-chan. We have to eat cake and drink more tea together." he said with teary eyes.

i picked him up and hugged him tightly, before letting him go again.

"I'm sorry," I said, stroking his cheek. "I can't stay. I have something waiting for me elsewhere. I've got places to go, people to see. This has to happen."

"Well, you could have still said goodbye, you inconsiderate chick." Hikaru spat out.
I crossed my arms and scowled at him.

"Do you think it would have ended well if I told you all that I was leaving? The only reason I avoided this type of goodbye was because I don't want it to end for us all this way. Did you want to be sad seeing me off, knowing that there's nothing you can do to stop me?"

"But we can." Haruhi cut in. "Well, Tamaki-sempai can."

I hate how well she can see through me, I thought, a bit sadly.

"Okay," I challenged. "Tamaki, give me one good reason to stay."

He looked at me with the same serious liquid eyes full of pain that I fell in love with.

But I resisted the temptation and kept a straight face.

"...Is this what you really want?" Tamaki asked, surprising the rest of the Host Club. "Will this make you happy?"

I nodded firmly and looked at him with the same seriousness in my eyes. Then he looked down at his hands, which were still holding the resignation letter tightly. It looked slightly crumpled, but it was still in good shape.

"Then you can go," he said, tightening his grip on the resignation sheet.

I looked down at his fist and then looked at him in the face with the warmest smile that I could ever give.

"Thank you, Tamaki." I said, walking away, as the gates opened.

As I crossed the gates, I could hear their silent mumbles from afar.

"I don't understand," Haruhi's voice spoke, "Why'd you let her go?"

I heard Tamaki's somber voice mumble those words that I would never be able to forget...

"It's because I love her." he said, causing me to stop in my tracks and break down, crying, before I hurried myself home.

Wait for me, I thought as I ran away from the somber scene.

+++++++++

"Welcome," said those same familiar voices.

It's been a year, since I'd last heard those words, but I was back.

I smiled and laughed as I tried to dodge all of the attempted hugs that came afterwards.

Mori and Hani-sempai were no longer there, but I had already seen them a few hours before, so I didn't really forget anyone. I'd become a lot more on guard since I returned.

Those non-computer solving cases had trained me to become more alert and aware of my surroundings. I was no longer unprepared... for most attacks.

"Niamyi!" I heard a muffled sound coming from behind me as two arms wrapped themselves around me.

I smiled and held onto his arms.

"I hope you didn't have to wait for me long." I said.

"Too long," was all that he said.

I chuckled and tapped his arms softly.

"All right, now let go." I said.

"Give me a good reason why," Tamaki mocked.

"Here's why," I said, turning myself around and giving him a sweet peck on the lips.
"I love you."

He smiled.

"Touché," he said, smiling as he brought himself to stand up [he was kneeling before,] and give me a deep kiss.

Heh, I though, I guess I got the good ending after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
:] I hope you liked this one.
It isn't one of my favorites but it definitely is one of the better ones :]
Alrighty then.
Until we meet again!

MakoxNagone