Status: Completed; Comments, please?; Sixalog?

Silvery-Edged Black Cloud

Chapter Fourteen: A Prophecy

“What’s do you want, Donovan?” I growl, glaring at him.

“I dunno. Alison called me yesterday.” He shrugs lazily, smirking at me.

“Not possible. Alison’s memory has been gone for over a week.”

“Doesn’t mean that she doesn’t know who I am.”

“But why would she call you.”

“Said she needed a favor.”

I eye him suspiciously. I don’t trust Donovan with his own life. Yes, I’m aware that that made absolutely no sense whatsoever. But, that’s just how little I trust him.

I roll my eyes, deciding to get an explaination out of Alison for this. Wouldn’t you agree?

I barge into her room, dragging her away from Martin, managing to wake both of them. Here’s where the pain comes in: Alison kicked me in the stomach, making me let go and double over.

“WHAT THE CRAP, MELODY?!!!!” Alison yells angrily.

“WHAT THE HELL IS DONOVAN DOING OUTSIDE?!!!”

“WHO’S HE?!!!”

“DAMN IT!!!!!” I yell, tackling her to the ground. Such great sisters we are, right? Wrong. We’re fighting like there’s no tomorrow. It’s survival of the fittest right now.

I sit on her back, her arms in the perfect position to break any second. “Why the hell is Donovan outside and saying that you called him?” I growl, glaring down at her.

“To hell with you,” she growls.

“Alison, I’m not afraid to break your arms if you lie to me.”

“Go. To. Hell.”

“Alright, fine.” I nearly broke her arm before a paid of stronger arms pulled me off of her.

“You don’t wanna hurt her,” Kevin murmurs in my ear, “She still doesn’t know that she’s a Witch. She could’ve been having a vision when she called him.”

“I don’t care. He’s still outside.”

“Does that mean you should break her arm?” He got me there. He dragged me out of the room, as Martin held Alison back. I thought of the oddness of this. Alison held back by someone she loves. I’m being held back by the most frustrating, complicated, annoying, sexy, psycho — wait a second! Did I just think sexy?! Holy crap. I’ve got it bad.

“Let me go,” I say, not willing to let my carry on with where they were headed. I start struggling against his hold, finding it irritating that he hadn’t let me go yet. Stupid Kevin.

♠ ♣ ♠

Eventually Kevin let me go. While locking us in his guest bedroom. Damn, did we have a make-out session or what?

Okay, just kidding. He was heading to stake Donovan, but Donovan had already left. Maybe he’s not as stupid as I thought. I mean, the guy doesn’t learn from his mistakes!

Well, anyway, Alison and I are being forced to say sorry to each other. Right now, though, we’re having a staring contest. We’re both stubborn about who should say sorry first. We’re just awesome sisters, okay?

“Why’d you nearly break my arm?”

“Why’d you try choking me?”

“Because you attacked me. Your turn.”

“Because you have a stalker named Donovan. who’s a vampire. He said you called him, and I just wanna know why the hell you would do that. So, why the hell would you call a psychopath that Kevin’s been trying to stake for the past five hundred years?”

“I dunno. Why can’t you go five seconds without saying his name?”

“Why can’t you remember anything that happened after you were eleven?”

“I dunno. Martin’s been telling me everything. But, was I going through a dramatic event?”

“You mean, besides the obvious obsessed-psycho-stalker-vampire?”

“I think I can take care of myself.”

“Fine. You were in the middle of a vision before you just suddenly stopped. Usually we can get you to talk, but you hardly breathed.”

“What did I see in the vision?” She was getting impatient.

“I don’t know! None of us do! You’re the only one who knew about it! Not even Martin could see!” I snap grouchily. “Why don’t you try to see it again?”

“Because that’s probably what got me here in the first place!”

“THEN SO HELP ME, I WILL KNOCK THAT VISION BACK INTO YOU!!!” I growl, nearly tackling her to the ground before she punched me in the stomach. “HOLY CRAP!!!”

“Wait — what?” She ducks as I nearly punch her. Kevin holds me back once again, giving my wrists a death-grip. “Holy … holy something.”

“You were talking a lot about the Holy Devil,” Kevin says, rolling his eyes as I nearly kick him.

“That’s it! The Holy Devil!” Alison’s eyes lit up, as she smiled a real smile. “There was something else … a-a demon, maybe?”

“Impossible your Guardian is Prince of Hell.” I break free of Kevin’s death-grip, glaring at him a moment before turning my attention back over to Alison. I was calm now.

“Hmm … that sounds suitable.” She rolls her eyes, looking like the normal-Alison that I was used to having around. I wasn’t sure why I was so angry. Maybe it was just stress. There has been a lot going on lately. “There was a prophecy of Witches. It mentions the Holy Devil. I’m not sure what use I am without remembering, but my mom’s a good Witch. She’s related to the nymph Eudora.”

“What’s the prophecy?”

“It’s really old. Like older than Kevin. But, it goes something like this:

A Queen of Witches
Her sister, DA
Always together
Never far away

The Holy Devil has gained
Some enemies
Someone wants her dead
To watch her as she bled
But Hecate is with her
Till her very end