Status: Who knows?

You Just Don't Know What the Future Holds

Blessed Family

Joe's POV

"Alright, Mrs. Jonas, are you ready to push?" The doctor asked.

"Not necessarily." Erin answered truthfully.

The doctor chuckled, "Okay, well you're going to need to soon. Does sometime within the next few contractions sound okay?"

"Yes." She nodded, reaching for my hand.

"Alright, I'll be back shortly." The doctor waved and walked out.

"I don't see how they remain so calm." She shook her head.

"It'll all be fine, they know what they're doing." I said.

"I hope s-" She stopped and tightly shut her eyes.

"It'll pass." I rubbed my thumb over the back of her hand, trying to help.

"Ow, I'm an idiot. Ow, ow, ow." She sighed.

"Nah, now we know for next time." I said.

"Next time we're adopting." She opened her eyes and huffed.

"Hey, this is the one time you should've taken the drugs." I smirked.

"They're not my kind, though." She giggled.

"Oh r-Be right back." I was interrupted by my phone buzzing on the table. It was her mom telling us that she just got in, so I went out to the lobby to get her.

Thankfully, we didn't miss anything and not even a minute later, her doctor walked in with a few nurses. Here we go...

Erin's POV

I felt numb as my doctor got everything ready. My nervousness wouldn't allow any other feelings to surface.

None of the breathing exercises I was taught to use helped though. The 'hee hee, hoo hoo' method just made me dizzy, as most people said it would if you went to fast.

My anxiousness to hold and see my son for the first time was overwhelming as the doctor announced what I had been waiting to hear.

My doctor briefly held up our son, smiling at Joe and I. His first little cry filled the room and I was sent over the edge when he was handed to me. The tears blurred my vision as I gave him a quick little kiss on the nose before he was taken for the usual tests and such. I didn't want to let go of him, but I knew I would have him back soon.

Joe's POV

We looked through the glass at our newborn son, in awe of how we brought him into the world. Erin squeezed my hand tightly while we watched the nurse dress him. The nurse then put him in his little wheely bassinet and pushed him into the new room for us.

I helped Erin get on the bed and kissed her forehead before picking up our son. Just by briefly looking at him, you could tell he was our son. I looked from him to Erin noting the similarities and differences while she smiled at me. She was sitting on the bed in her glasses, with no make up, and her hair was tied back but she still looked amazing to me.

I handed her our tiny little man and sat next to her. "He's perfect."

"I know." She whispered. "He looks so much like you."

"I think he looks more like you." I smiled. She lightly shrugged and looked at him for awhile. "You did a great job, Mommy."

She giggled, "That sounds so surreal. I can barely believe he's here."

"I know right?" I chuckled.

We were interrupted by a knock at the door. It was her doctor telling us a few quick things. After the doctor left, I went to go get our families.

I quickly made my way towards the waiting room where they were to tell them the news. I had a dorky smile on my face and proud tears in my eyes as I dished out the information.

I lead parents to the room and soon everyone had a chance to meet him. Staci asked Erin a few questions, some of which Erin didn't give full answers to since Nick had asked her not to scare Staci.

After everyone left, Erin was exhausted so she took a quick nap while the doctors did more tests on the baby. When we had him back for the night, we pulled his bassinet as close to the bed as we could and laid there as a family for the first time. The two of them quickly drifted off to sleep while I watched my amazing family, feeling more than blessed to be where I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So Devon was born! AH! xD thinking of adding some drama, though, ya know, to keep you reading. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE comment or else i'll just END IT. yeah, i'm threatening you o.O so go comment if you want more!!!!

thanks, love you!

-Erin<3