Status: Who knows?

You Just Don't Know What the Future Holds

Wow, Already?

Erin's POV

Just like the past few days, I was woken up by tons of movement from Devon. Not that it wasn't cute, but getting up at seven was not something I enjoyed.

I reluctantly got out of bed and waddled my way over to the bathroom. On my way there I noticed that the sun was barely coming in through the curtains and the long week of rain was finally over. After I did as needed I crawled back into bed, trying not to wake up Joe. His eyes fluttered open and he pulled me closer.

"Good morning, beautiful." He smiled.

"Good morning, Joey." I smiled back.

"He woke you up?" He asked, putting a hand on my stomach. I nodded, "Im sorry."

"It's not your fault." I shrugged.

"Do you want to get technical?" He chuckled and I shook my head, "Thought so."

"What should we do today?" I asked.

"Oh, I have an idea or two..." He smirked.

"Ew, do you see me? I have this ginormous stomach and everything is swollen. I look so gross." I stated.

"Babe, you look fine. And don't even try to so you don't because I'm not having this argument with you." He said.

"Whatever, but we're not doing that know; the farthest your getting is cuddling." I rolled my eyes.

"I'll take that." He kissed my cheek and continued to draw random shapes on my stomach. After a few minutes of no activity from Devon we both fell back to sleep for awhile until he reminded us of his presence by kicking my stomach right where Joe's hand was resting.

"I guess that means he wants us to wake up." I joked.

"I guess so." He laughed and helped me out of bed. "C'mon, let's get ready."

"Get ready for what?" I questioned.

"To go get breakfast, I don't feel like cooking but I really want some pancakes." He explained.

"IHOP?" I asked.

"You got it." He nodded.

Joe's POV

After breakfast, Erin and I stopped by my parents for a little bit because they had been asking for a visit. Then we headed home and decided to chill out on the couch. She was being really fidgety and hadn't asked if she could take her midday nap yet which was a little weird.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Mostly."

"Mostly?"

"I feel...weird."

"How so?"

"I can't really explain it, but it's extremely uncomfortable."

"Is there anything I could do or get you?"

"No, thanks though."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." She nodded and rested her head on my shoulder. Not even a minute later, the couch was damp and she removed her head from my shoulder, trying to get up.

"Um, Erin did you just..." My voice trailed off.

"No, Joe, my water broke." She shook her head.

"Oh my God." A small shock of panic went through me as I digested the statement. Almost without realizing it, I bolted up the stairs to get 'the bag' and back down to the garage. After starting the car I ran back in to get Erin because leaving without her wouldn't be too smart.

"You almost left without me, didn't you?" She asked as I helped her to the car.

"Noooooo." I lied, "I wanted to have everything ready so we could leave faster."

"Sure." She said. I saw the tiniest glimpse of pain in her eyes as I shut her door and ran to my side. I pulled out of the garage and practically sped the whole way to the hospital. When they were checking Erin in I called my parents.

"Hello, Joseph, it's nice to hear from you again." My mom greeted.

"Mom, she's in labor." I stated.

"Are you sure this time? You called just last week saying you thought she was when they were just Braxton Hicks." She said.

"No really, Mom, her water broke." I stuttered.

"Oh, well in that case I'm on my way. Would you like me to call your brothers for you?" She questioned.

"No I can do it." I answered.

"Can you?" She asked.

"Yeah, thanks though. See you soon. Love you." I paced though the waiting room.

"Alright. Love you, too." She hung up. I then dialed Erin's mom's number and told her the news which meant I had to call the jet guy to send him to pick her parents up. After that I called Kevin who didn't answer so I tried Danielle but she didn't answer either. I continued to pace as I dialed Staci's number, knowing she would pick up.

"Yes?" She sounded irritated.

"SHE'S IN LABOR AND NO ONE IS ANSWERING MY CALLS!!" I rushed through the words.

"Woah, calm down. No one answered because we're at dinner waiting for y--wait, did you say she's in labor?" She asked.

"YES!" I cried.

"Wow, okay, we're on our way I guess." She said and hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket and saw the doctor walk out of Erin's room.

"She's about three centimeters dilated but she's progressing fast. I'll be back in a few minutes to check on her again though." The doctor said and walked off.

I sat down in the chair next to Erin and took her hand.

"You okay?" I questioned.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Want anything?" I asked.

"Nope." She shook her head.

A different doctor then came in then and the minutes started to drag on. After what felt like ages my family showed up and I went to check on them while more doctors checked on Erin.

"It was kind of stupid to have you all get here now," I started, "Because I don't know how long we'll be here for and it's not like anything's going wrong..."

"We wanted to be here for you, bro." Kevin stated.

"Plus, we don't have anything better to do." Staci joked.

"Besides finish our dessert." Zoey pouted.

"They didn't let you finish your dessert?" I asked and she shook her head, "What was it?"

"Chocolate cake with whipped cream on top." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well," I took my wallet out of my pocket and grabbed a five, "there's a little shop right down this hall that has tons of cool snacks and maybe someone could take you to get something." She took the cash and begged Frankie to take her.

"You would know." Nick said.

"I didn't go searching for it, okay? Erin's nurse asked her if she wanted anything from there. Plus, it's basically got just fruit so it's not like she'll be bouncing off the walls; and it'll keep her occupied for a little bit so she's not too bored." I explained, sitting down.

"That was actually a really smart idea, Joe." Danielle said.

"Eh." I shrugged and decided to go check on Erin, "Be back later."

When I got back to her room a nurse was handing her a clipboard.

"It's the final chance to sign for the epidural." The nurse said, looking at me.

"I don't want one." Erin informed.

"Okay, just sign here and I'll be on my way." The lady handed her a pen then left after Erin signed.

"Wait, I thought-" I started.

"My mom didn't have one when she had me and I decided that I was gonna do the same thing." She finished.

"Oh, okay. So I'm guessing you're almost completely dilated?" I sat down next to her and kissed her cheek.

"I'm like eight centimeters right now." She answered, looking at me.

"Wow, already?" I asked.

"Yeah." She nodded, "He's impatient, just like you."

"I'm not that bad." I chuckled.

"Yeah you are!" She laughed with me for a second but then stopped.

"Contraction?"

"It hurts like a bitch."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

After a little while her doctor came back in and checked her again.

"Alright, Mrs. Jonas, are you ready to push?" The doctor asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliff hanger...sort of. I'm just too tired to keep writing PLUS it's a lot and like 3:24 in the morning *yawn* enjoy, comment, subscribe, yada yada. You know the drill :]