May Angels Lead You In

Chapter 12

I daresay that I was very much impressed with their music.

"I might know of a way to make Jimmy forget about the little incident you pulled."

Imagine my surprise when Zacky pulled me away once practice was over as he glanced over his shoulders.

Jimmy and the others were hanging by the drum-set, trying to perfect some musical notes. I followed Zacky's gaze and noticed Jimmy looking over at us with a look that I cannot describe before he focused on the others.

Since Zacky is a close friend to Jimmy's, I was sure that he knows almost everything about Jimmy and that I could totally rely on him for his help.

I looked over at Zacky and nodded saying, "Tell me what I should do."

+++

That night, I spent five hours coloring my hair from blonde to brunette.

It was almost three in the morning and while Daniel and mom were asleep, I heard someone knocking on my closed window. I sat up from bed and turned, seeing Dylan right outside my window, gesturing for me to open it.

I walked over to the window and opened it, stepping aside to let him in. As soon as Dylan got inside, he let out a sigh of relief, brushing invisible crumbs off his black skinnies before looking up at me with his piercing hazel eyes.

"What in Pete's name have you done to your beau'iful hair?" his eyes widened in shock but before I could answer, he waved me off.

"Where exactly have you been the whole day?" he rested his hands on his hips with a frown before pacing around the room recollecting his day. "I told you I'd pick you up from school, yeah. But you weren't there and I thought you went missing or something! Have you forgotten that I would be waiting for you?"

"I'm sorry, Dylan," I apologized as I remembered our plan to meet after school ended. "Remember about the friend I made but lost because of a stupid mistake?"

Dylan looked up but said nothing, waiting for me to finish my sentence.

"I might have found a way to get his trust back," I grinned wider.

"By making youself look odd?" he questioned but I playfully punched his shoulder.

Dylan remained silent throughout as I told him about Zacky's plan with excitement. When I finished talking, we were both sitting on my bed and he was staring at the ground without any facial expressions on his face.

When I pushed him slightly, he seemed to have snapped out from his reverie as he turned and faced me with a small smile on his face.

"Seems like a good plan," he tried to sound enthusiastic but failed miserably. I decided to push past that because I know Dylan doesn't like it if I forced him to tell me what was going through his mind.

"You don't think it'll work?" I pretended to ask.

"Of course I do, baby sister. I just don't believe in changing your appearance for this supposed friend of yours," this time his acting was more believable as he stood up and walked towards my study desk. I watched as he started fiddling through my homework on the table. He paused and without turning to look at me in the eye, he said, "Just don't bail on me again."

As soon as those words came out from his mouth, it seemed to have scared me a little. I quickly walked over to him and gave him a hug with a huge smile plastered on my face. "I won't. I promise."

He turned to me with a bright smile and hugged me back before placing a quick kiss on my head, pulling away.

+++

I straightened my outfit and took a deep breath when I saw the school bus pulling over in front of my house. Yes, I felt excited to show everyone my new look.

Jimmy was in the school bus with Brian and Zacky sitting in front of him. It was time to put the plan into action.

When he saw me board the bus, his eyes widened a little and I could hear murmurs coming from everywhere in the bus.

"You look good today, Miss Evans," Mr Kimura greeted and I thanked him with a smile.

I could feel Jimmy's eyes remained on me but I looked away casually like I had not seen him sitting there. Instead, I walked over to another one of the jocks by the back of the bus and sat next to him.

Lucky for me, the cheerleaders weren't there - like Zacky said they wouldn't.

Philipp - the jock I had decided to sit with - looked at me with a weird expression plastered to his face. I could feel him turn to the back for some guidance from his seniors but when they were silent, he looked back at me.

"Hi," I smiled at him, bringing my feminine charm into the plan.

"H- hi," he stuttered and I could hear the other jocks chuckling from behind.

My heart started to beat wildly and I could feel Jimmy's eyes on me but I refused to turn to him. Instead, I flicked my newly-colored hair to the side flirtatiously and smiled at the nervous-looking Philipp.

"You look - different," Philipp coughed a little before maintaining his composure.

"Good different or bad different?" I placed my hand over his and noticed him jump slightly from shock.

"G- good different, of course!"

"Oh, thank you," I smiled and faced the front of the bus, feeling good about the day ahead.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I haven't been updating this regularly like I have in the past. I won't lie to you though. I haven't had the mood to write for this story - thus the late submission. Let's be honest, if I wrote this chapter without the mood to write, then I wouldn't be satisfied with it and nor will you. (: By the way! Character list has been updated!

Do you think Marchelle is going to end up in more trouble than she already is with Jimmy or do you think Zacky's plan might actually work? Let me hear your opinions! I love feedbacks -- good or bad!

Special thanks to: Catharine., xmydecemberx, Rhi_LoveMeHateMe, HotelBellaMuerte., blackandredbrittany, Famous_Last_Goths, DeathbatScreamer for your feedbacks! Keep 'em coming though!

And of course to the subscribers.