Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Changes

Marc-Andre and I enjoyed our wonderful, two week vacation in Florida, and by the time we got back to Pittsburgh, I actually had a tan. I usually don’t have a tan. And I was liking it!
Back in Pittsburgh, however, it was down to business. I helped Shero meet with some of the guys for contracts as well as meeting with Shero myself to sign my own contract. By July 2nd, I officially became a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins staff. It was extremely exciting.
But my cheerfulness was short lived once I got home to Nova Scotia and I found out that Max wasn’t coming back next year. “No, no no no no no.” I collapsed next to Marc on Sidney’s couch in the house on Grand Lake. “But... he can’t.” I felt tears swell up in my eyes.
Marc wrapped his arms around me and kissed my temple gentle. “I know, ma chérie. He was my first friend when I came here. I’ll miss him so much too. But just think of it like this, Erra. He’s only in Philly. He’s just a few hours away. And when we’re home in Quebec, he’s even closer.”
I pursed my lips. “Yeah, he’s only in Philly. We are obliged to hate him now.”
“Asham was a Flyer and then came here and you were the first to talk to him.”
“That’s different.”
“Oh? I think it would be harder to be nice to an enemy becoming a friend than a friend becoming an enemy. He’ll only be an enemy on ice. And you don’t even have to play against him! I’m the one who will be getting his shots in my head.”
I tried to stifle my giggle. Max is known to purposely aim for Marc’s head. “I hate it when you’re right,” I mumbled, trying to pretend I’m mad.
Marc winked and hugged me closer. “I always am.”
I laughed and pushed him playfully. “Jerk.”
He pressed his lips tightly against mine, a smile playing on my own. “I love you. And you’ll see him next month anyways. You can have your fight with him then.”
“I’m not fighting with him on my wedding day!” I shrieked.
My fiance laughed quite hysterically. “I’m kidding, Sierra. Plus, you already promised you’d kill him if he didn’t make up with Emelie by then.”
“True, true.” I felt an evil smirk play on my lips. “He better remember that.”
“I have a feeling I should probably send him a reminder,” Marc-Andre laughed.
“I’m sad to see Rupper go too.”
“So am I, ma chérie. But that’s the way the game goes, you know? They will always be friends. Everyone will always be friends.”
I smiled. “I know.”
He kissed the top of my head. “Come on, let’s go downtown and grab some ice cream before we head to the cake appointment.”
“Oh, yes!” The cake appointment... that is probably my favorite part about wedding planning. I love sweets, and I already to Marc that our cake will have some sort of cheesecake as well as normal chocolate cake apart of it.
We headed to downtown Halifax and grabbed an ice cream cone from the local Pinkies. Then we were on our way to the bakery where we will be getting our cake from.
“Alright, Mr. Fleury and Ms. Crosby, I know you want the bottom tier to be cheesecake and the top two tiers to be chocolate. Well,” the baker motioned to a group of plates with cake resting on them. “These are the different types of chocolate cake we have. So please, test them out and tell me which you would like!”
Marc and I grinned at each other as we picked up the two forks that awaited us and we tried cake after cake after cake after cake after cake.
“I think I like the third one the best,” I said, taking another bite of it. It was a very moist chocolate cake with a chocolate fudge line d as if between two pieces. It was delicious!
“I believe I agree with you,” my fiance replied, gratefully taking the glass of water that the baker handed him to wash down the cake. “I think this is what we’ll go with,” he smiled.
“Excellent!” she smiled. “Personally, that’s my favorite too.” She wrote something down in her notepad. “Ok, and we will have it done on the 31st, that way it is done the day before your wedding. Do you want the cake delivered to the reception hall or will someone pick it up?”
“I believe my mother is picking it up,” I replied. My mom wanted to be the one in charge of babysitting the cake since I told her that there were going to be too many people for her to make the cake herself.
“Alright. I’m not sure if I’ll see you guys before the wedding, so congratulations and I hope you guys have the best day of your lives!”
“Thank you,” I said with a smile as Marc replied with a “merci”.
Marc and I left the bakery with happy smiles upon our faces. Our day was coming in less than a month away, and soon, our lives entwined with each other will begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, and I apologize. I hope everyone still likes it though.