Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

The Wedding

“Taylor, grab the little tiara, will you?” my mother called to my sister.
Emelie fidgeted with her dress. “I look like a frou frou,” she growled, staring daggers right at me.”
I glared back. “Suck it up.”
“Seriously, suck it up,” Jenna said, walking up behind Emelie. “You agreed to be here, so smarten up and don’t ruin her day. Or so help me~”
“Jesus Christ, I’m not going to ruin her day!”
I rolled my eyes as a knock came at the door. Emmy opened it to reveal Max. “Hey sweetheart,” he grinned just before getting punched in the arm. “Ouch, damn it Em. I think you hit me enough when I came for you.”
“What do you want?”
Max looked at me. “We are all ready when you are, princess.” He winked and stepped out the door.
I took a deep breath. “I guess that means it’s time.”
My mother stepped up to me, fixed my tamed, curly hair lightly around my shoulders, and gave me a big hug. “Oh, my oldest girl, my second child, my first to wed.” She kissed my cheeks. “I love you so, sweetheart.”
“I love you too, mum.”
My mom stepped outside of the room and I turned to face my three bridesmaids. All three of them, even Emelie, smiled at me. I then turned to my father, who awaited by the door. He smiled and offered his arm. “My princess.”
I took his arm as Jenna and Taylor open the door and we made our way down the steps towards the beach on White Point in which I was being married on. Marc’s cousin was the flower girl in the very front, with Emelie, Jenna, and then my little sister, my maid of honor followed suit. My dad and I followed last.
As our feet touched the sand, the typical ‘Here Comes The Bride’ song played and everyone stood on their feet.
We had a lot of guests, between both of our families, the Penguins, the Blackhawks old and new, and some other people- such as Jordan’s brothers and their wives.
My eyes wandered up ahead to my groom, my soon-to-be-husband, and I smiled as I took in his well-groomed figure in that sexy suit. He had the biggest smile I have ever seen upon his lips. “You look beautiful,” he whispered in my ear once I joined his side, just before my father kissed my cheek.
I couldn’t help but blush as our hands found each other and the ceremony began.
We had one French pastor and one English, to satisfy both sets of families here. It was actually Sidney’s idea, since some of Marc’s family can’t speak English that well.
I’m pretty sure all the women had tears in their eyes at our vows, which we created ourselves.
“Sierra, my beautiful soul mate. You are always there for me through the best of times and worst, even when I tried to push you away. You are the brightest star in my sky. I love you, now and forever.”
I smiled as he slipped the wedding band on my finger. I went into my own vows. “Mon chéri, Marc-Andre, you are my best friend. You helped me pull through my depression after announcing my retirement that last game. Although I’ve known for a while, it wasn’t until then that I truly realized that you will never leave me. And I will never leave you.
This morning I shed a single tear and lost it into the great Atlantic Ocean. The day I find that single tear amongst the lady sea is the day I stop loving you.” I slipped the band on his finger, both of us grinning, a tear sliding down my cheek.
We met each other’s eyes, his dark and my hazel, melting into each other.
The pastors each said a few more words in both languages, until the sentence we’ve been finally waiting for. “I now pronounce you husband and wife.” They paused, staring at us and the spectators while Marc and I laughed and tried to get them to hurry up. The English speaker laughed. “You may now kiss your bride.”
Marc pulled my body so close to him not a hair could pass between us, and our lips locked together in a single, passionate kiss as the roar of the crowd went up around us.
“Ma chérie,” he smiled.
“Mon homme.”
He laughed and we turned to face our friends and family, standing and clapping. We made our way back towards the lake house. I met the eyes of several teammates and smiled.
Once in the house, I turned to my husband and wrapped my arms around his waist, staring up at him as the members of our bridal party joined us. “We’re married now.”
“About time,” Sidney laughed. I rolled my eyes at him.
“The guests get their cocktail hour while we transform the beach into the dining and party area for the reception,” dad said.”
I was suddenly embraced by Marc-Andre’s mom before I could answer. “Oh, sweet beauty you are. I’m so happy to call you daughter.” She smiled.
I kissed her cheek happily.
The beach was transformed into a beautiful vista to have a reception. The high table for the bridal party was set up with the waves in the background, and the tables surrounded the beach, leaving a huge space amongst the sand for dancing. A DJ was placed up along the rocks to keep away from the water.
The dinner was exceptional, just like how I wanted it. And then, the party began.
Almost everyone was dancing after Marc and I took our first dance as husband and wife. We laughed and kissed throughout the whole thing, with everyone cheering around us.
Our families mingled with our friends, not a single person hostile to another.
“You look so beautiful,” I turned to face both Ari and Rhyne, smiles upon their faces.
I hugged them both tightly, laughing. “Oh, thank you! And thank you for coming. I hope you aren’t alone.”
Ari pointed a slender finger to where her Nik and Rhyne’s Kris stood by, making up for lost time as the two of them were now on separate teams. “Of course we dragged them along.”
I laughed. “Good.” I looked at Rhyne. “Congratulations to you too, my dear.”
She smiled. “Thank you.”
“Ari!” Nik called as he came over. “Come, I want you to meet someone.” The adorable Swede looked at me. “Congrats, Sierra. You are stunning.”
“Thank you Nik,” I laughed.
The small group left as I shook my head, and then face to face with a few familiar faces. “CONGRATULATIONS!” I was tackled hugged by Adam Burish.
“Holy hell!” I laughed, trying to shove him away.
“Try not to kill my new bride, Burish,” Marc laughed as he came up behind me. “I’d like to spend the rest of my life with her.”
Adam grinned. “Of course!”
I looked at Jonathan Toews. “Hello, Johnny.”
He smiled. “Hello. You look beautiful.”
I smiled back. “Ever the gentleman. Thank you.”
The four of us all looked towards the DJ as Chelsea Dagger came on. Marc stared at me. “Did you add that to the list?”
I laughed. “I had to appease the Blackhawks of the group!” I glanced at Jonathan, who was bobbing his head to the music. I grabbed his hand. “Come, Captain! Let’s dance!” Everyone around us laughed hysterically at the horrified look on the poor guy’s face.
“I don’t dance.”
“Now you do.” I took the lead as we danced through the fast pace song. He stumbled often, but never stepped on my toes. “See, you aren’t that bad.”
He grunted in reply.
The song ended and we parted ways, with Adam teasing the poor guy about his horrible dancing. Quite amusing, if I may say so myself.
The party continued well into the early morning, until finally everyone started making their ways to their hotels. Max, my now not-teammates and current Flyer, came up to me with a smile on his face. He gave me a hug. We had a long conversation when we left the Penguins that we were to talk at least once a week. Or else we’ll drive from Philly and yell at both Marc and I. “Now, go have a fun night, ok?” He winked.
I laughed. “Oh, you know it.” I grinned wickedly and took Marc’s hand, the two of us heading up the beach in the moonlight together. As one.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I haven't really had the urge to write lately. I hope you all don't mind and still enjoy this chapter! I will now be starting a new series, essentially. Instead of "The Crosby Life", it will be "The Fleury Life". So please keep an eye out.

The dress: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hjLO3myE9wI/SeusIX9Xd5I/AAAAAAAAA9k/SAvAPY0Dhco/s1600/Ella%2BBridals%2BWedding%2BGownsElla%2BBridals%22BWedding%2BGowns.jpg