Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

"The Fleury Life

Marc-Andre and I are now husband and wife, and my name has legally changed to Sierra Rose Fleury. It seems so bizarre to me, to be completely honest, but since our wedding, Marc and I have never been happier.
Our honeymoon was just fantastic. We spent a lot of time doing things inappropriate and too private to share as well as spending way too much time on the beach. I was pretty much a tomato when we flew back to Pittsburgh. Marc-Andre found it amusing to poke my burnt skin, and paid for it with a nice big bruise on his upper arm. Payback’s a bitch.
We had to head to Pittsburgh after our two week honeymoon so I could get ready for my new role amongst the Penguins. I had to get everything in order to be the athletic trainer for the team and make sure all paperwork before the start of the season was ready to go.
Marc and I also had to get our pet situation in control. I decided to leave my aging cat with my parents in Nova Scotia because she is getting a little too old to travel all the time back and forth from Canada. Marc’s sister, Marylene, had to bring down our huge dog and Marc spent the rest of the summer building Riley a doghouse. He was too sweet.
Emelie arrived not long after us. Despite the fact her and Max made up, she was in a bad mood the day she came over, going on and on about he was a Flyer now.
“Oh, shut up!” I snarled at her after listening to her for hours. “If you’re so pissed off about it, retire like I did and go join him in Philly!”
“I’m not you, Sierra,” she said coldly before storming out of my house, slamming the door behind her.
“She doesn’t deal with things like this very well, ma chérie,” Marc whispered in my ear as he kissed my neck.
I glowered. “I know. And it pisses me off.”
Marc chuckled and walked off.
Training camp soon started and I was officially working my new role. I was on the ice for every practice, helping the team out with their strengths and weaknesses. I was pretty much another coach. Off the ice, I was dealing with the injuries and soreness of the players.
“Stare straight ahead,” I said to my brother as I passed the light of the light pen in his eyes.
“I think my pupils are so used to dilating because of doing this almost every day that they automatically dilate as soon as I see the pen,” Sidney joked.
I rolled my eyes, but grinned. “Whatever you say, bro.”
Sid got up and kissed the top of my head. “I’m good to go?”
“Get out of here,” I said playfully, shooing him out. “Another practice without symptoms. Very good sign.”
Sidney grinned and left my office (yes, I have an office to treat the guys as well as a place for me to do all the paperwork and such) and Geno quickly filled his spot on one of the tables. My office is the training room, and it’s huge. My personal office is in the back, computer and all.
“How’s the knee?” I asked him as his deep brown eyes bore into me.
“Feel good,” replied, bending and straightening it.
I placed my small hand over his large knee cap as he kept moving it. I felt for the two tendons as he moved to make sure they were moving properly. “Feels alright.” I looked up at him. “No pain or soreness?” He shook his head. “Not stiff either?” He nodded. “Good,” I smiled. “Let’s ice it for ten minutes just to be safe.”
Geno nodded and I grabbed a bag of ice and put it on his knee as Tanger and Nealer walked in and hopped up on a themselves. “What’s up?”
“Thighs again,” Tanger said, just as Nealer answered, “ankle.”
I walked over to the table Tanger was sitting at as Geno started messing around with Nealer (who moved into his own place over the summer). “Hamstrings again?” The Frenchman nodded. “Lay on your back. He laid down and brought his knee up towards his chest. I pushed from the bottom of his foot towards his chest more to stretch out the hamstring. He winced slightly, but didn’t complain. I did the same thing to his other leg. “A little better?” I asked.
He nodded. “Thanks.”
“Yup.” I turned to Nealer and he looked at me. “Let me see.”
Nealer propped his ankle up on the table and I pressed my fingers into it. He bruised his ankle in one of the first practices, but it was never all that bad. “Flex your ankle.” He did so. “Is it feeling any better?”
“Yeah, just sore now. I just wanted to get your opinion.”
“I’ll keep taking it for you to make sure it’s protected. Your good to go.”
“Thanks, Erra!” He hopped off the table and made his way out.
“You liking you new job?” Geno asked from where he was sitting.
I turned to face him and patted the top of his brown head. “I do, Geno, because I’m still stuck with you psycho lot.”
He laughed and I shook me head with a smile. I do love these crazy guys. It’s hard not to.
The first few games were in western Canada, and Sidney actually came along with. I was in charge of his rehab while the other trainers I work with, Chris Stewart and Scott Adams, were in charge of all the other players.
“The doctors should be clearing you for contact soon,” I said to Sidney as I passed the puck to him and he one-timed it towards the empty goal. We had this side of the ice while the others were having a team discussion on the other side.
“I hope so,” he said. “I just want everything to be ok.”
I skated up to him and booty bumped him. “Everything will be fine,” I said to him, our hazel eyes meeting significantly. “You have the whole team backing you up.”
He smiled. “I do.”
I was about to reply when out of no where, a gloved hand smacked my ass. I spun around to face my husband as he laughed when I yelped in surprise.
I started chasing him around the ice, laughing hard when he tripped and fell and I snow sprayed him. “That’s what you get.” I stuck my tongue out at him.
All of the guys started laughing, including Marc-Andre himself.
“Truce, truce!” He said, holding up his hands.
I shook my head as I grinned and held out my hand to him. He peeled off his glove and took my offered hand as I lifted him to his feet.
“Je t’aime.” He winked.
I giggled. “Je t’aime aussi.”
The road trip continue on from there, as we won against Vancouver and Calgary. Geno was suffering from some soreness, so I made the decision that he should sit most of the third against the Flames. Jordan also left early in the Vancouver game, but it wasn’t anything serious. He was just severely dehydrated. I went down to the locker room with him and stayed with him the whole rest of the game.
It turned out though that Geno was still not feeling the best during the pre-game skate against the Oilers, and he sat out that game too, which we lost in a shootout.
Five out of six points for three games in four days really isn’t that bad at all, though. We are all quite happy.
Now though, is the long plane ride home. I snugged into Marc-Andre on the plane and fell asleep almost immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys, this is the beginning of the "sequel" so "The Crosby Life", which is hereby named "The Fleury Life". This is the only chapter I'll be placing under "The Crosby Life", so please go and subscribe to "The Fleury Life".