Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Bloody Kane

My scream shocked the drunk, pissed off man and he hesitated just a second, but that small second was enough for Patrick Sharp to pull the good old Canadian hockey trick- the shirt over the head in this case- to blind him.
I pressed myself against the wall as much as possible, and watched as the waitress came running out from a backroom with two huge men trailing behind her.
The two men took a hold of the man in black and subdued him as the waitress called the police. Patrick looked back at me and I just stood there, not moving; not even feeling the burning from my mouth.
I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around me and pull me against a tall body. I buried my aching face against Marc-Andre's chest as he held me against him as much as possible.
I didn't realize until I felt his damp shirt against my face that I was sobbing, and shaking as well.
Marc-Andre rocked me gently and stroked my hair, whispering gentle and comforting words in my ear.
Sidney was pressing Patrick for information, more like screaming furiously, and Patrick calmly answered everything and explained all he saw.
I could feel Jenna's hand on my shoulder, but at the moment, I only wanted to stay here in Marc-Andre's embrace.
The police came and the waitress ushered us back to where we sat for dinner. Marc-Andre carried me and I stayed in his lap at the table, keeping my arms tight about his neck and keeping my face against him.
The man was taken away and Patrick explained everything since I didn't move an inch. I could feel the anger leaking off of Sidney, and the shock from everyone else; but still, I did not move.
Finally, with Marc-Andre's tempting, I looked towards the other guys and Jenna. Jenna's eyes widened in surprise and Jordan's jaw just dropped. Max and Sidney held their gazes of pure anger.
I lifted one hand to my cheek and cringed at the tenderness of it. I now felt the burning in my jaw. Marc-Andre kissed the area that I was sure held a huge bruise, and flinched again.
It was oddly quiet and I couldn't take it anymore. "If you guys keep up this silence, I'll lose my mind." I grumbled, resisting from clentching my teeth.
Well that started an uproar. Sharp wouldn't shut up about how sorry he was he didn't come any sooner so I wouldn't have gotten hurt; Kane, Toews, Versteeg, and Hjalmarsson kept trying to make me feel better; Max and Sidney were threatening to go knock the guy to Mars; Jenna and Jordan were just speechless (thankfully); and Marc-Andre just held me close and rocked me ever so gently.
I sighed and set my head on Marc's shoulder. "Do you guys want to come back to our place for a while?" Sidney asked, obviously trying to avert attention from me and my swollen and bruised face.
The Blackhawks talked it over and Niklas nodded. "Alright, that would be great." He said, and we all started to stand up.
Marc-Andre held me in his arms and carried me out to the car. The waitress gave us our meals for free, I'm sure out of sympathy.
We made it to Mario's house and again, Marc-Andre carried me inside. Once inside though, I asked to be put on my feet and I walked to the bathroom to examine the damage.
I looked in the mirror and moaned at the sight. A huge purple, green, and blue bruise covered the majority of my cheek, from under my cheekbone down to my jaw.
I opened my mouth and was happy to see that I still had all my teeth, although I did need to make a dentist appointment to get my wisdom teeth removed. Yeah, I'm 22 and just need to get them out.
Marc-Andre appeared in the doorway to the bathroom, watching me carefully. I turned to look at him, hand still on my extremely sore cheek. He stepped forward and pulled me into his arms. "I'm just glad Sharp got to you when he did." He said softly to me.
I rested my head on his chested and sighed, sniffing. "I look like I got hit by a car." I replied, which made Marc-Andre chuckle.
"You could never in a million years look that bad, my love." He said, and a roar from the living room made us turn our heads to the door. "Maybe I shouldn't have left them alone." Marc-Andre joked, which made me smile as we left the bathroom and headed to the living room.
All turned quiet when I entered, and Sidney got up and rushed over to me. "Are you sure you are alright?" He whispered to me.
I nodded and Marc-Andre pulled me gently to the couch and I didn't let go of his hand as I saw between him and Niklas.
Niklas leaned towards me. "It really doesn't look that bad." He said, smiling at me. He is such a sweetie, and perfect for Tanger's sister, Ariana.
I chuckled at him. "Thanks, but I have already seen it. I'm lucky I have my teeth." I said back to him, and he just continued to smile and leaned back against the couch.
Max stood up. "How about a game of pool? Sidney and I against Tazer and Sharpy." He suggested, and the guys all whooped. "Flower and Kris can make sure we don't cheat."
"Cause you always try to cheat." Jenna said and we laughed.
I wiped my eye and nudged Marc-Andre as the other guys started to head to the pool table. "Go on, I'm fine." I said to him.
Marc-Andre nodded and kissed my forehead, squeezing my hand before getting up and following the guys. Jordan, Niklas, Kane, Jenna, and I stayed behind. Jenna started to talk to Niklas, asking him to teach her some Swedish. He taught her the best word ever...meatball...which is meatball in Swedish.
I chuckled at them as Patrick Kane sat down next to me, where Marc-Andre sat. "That looks painful." He said, reaching up and touching my cheek gently.
I winced and I swear a growl came from Jordan. "I'm fine." I reassured him and he dropped his hand.
Kane nodded, his curls falling around his eyes. "That's all that matters." He said, winking.
I shook my head with a laugh, seeing Jordan at the corner of my eye. "Do you always flirt with every girl?" I asked, and Jenna and Niklas looked at us.
Kaner shrugged, a huge smile on his face. "No, just the beautiful ones." He said.
I laughed and stood up. "You are full of yourself, Patrick Kane." I said. I couldn't believe he was actually speaking like this.
Kane's eyes suddenly took on a serious note. "I'm not, not really." He said. "You really are beautiful." He reached for my wrist and Jordan appeared out of no where, his fist making contact with Patrick's jaw.
I screeched and Jenna and Niklas hopped to their feets. "Jordan!" I shouted, grabbing his arm so he wouldn't lunge again.
Kane looked shocked, and actually scared. "I was only complimenting her!" He defended, hopping to his feet and getting away from Jordan.
Jordan snarled and a few of the guys started to appear to see what was going on. "How dare you flirt with her! She is in an extremely happy relationship and for could possibly be married to him!" He shouted.
I blushed at Jordan's comment and tugged on his arm again, feeling Sidney on the other side. "Stop it, Jordan." I said to him.
Kris walked over to Kaner. "I never meant any harm. I would never actually hit on a taken girl! I'm not like that." He said and Kris was giving him a look.
Jordan lunged and Sidney and I both yelled. "Stop it!" We pulled Jordan back and he went right into Max.
"What the hell is going on here? Hasn't my sister had enough of fist fights for the night?" Sidney growled.
Patrick dropped his eyes and I felt Marc-Andre slip his arm around my waist. "I'm really, really sorry, Sierra. I really didn't mean to upset anyone." He said earnestly.
Max was wrestling with Jordan and eventually just sat on him and Jordan gave up the struggling. Jenna and Niklas were standing a good deal away, completely lost.
"I really didn't." Kane said, his voice soft and almost boyish.
Marc-Andre nodded, accepting the apology. He is such a sweetheart, and always knows the truth when he sees it. He is one of the most forgiving people I know. "It's alright. I would just prefer you not hit on my girl in any way." He said.
Patrick nodded quickly and Kris smacked him in the back of his head. "Moron, you know better." He grumbled to his teammate.
"I was just trying to be nice! She had a horrifying night." Patrick defended, and the other Patrick cleared his throat.
"Can we finish out game of pool? I'd like to finish getting my butt handed to me before we have to go." Sharp said.
Everyone nodded and Max slowly got off of Jordan. The tall blond kid glared at Kane, who kept his distance.
Marc-Andre kept his arm around my waist and I walked between him and Jordan. "Stop it, Staalsy." I said to him, his blue eyes blazing.
I shot him a look as we sat down on the tall stools at the corner table. His whole body relaxed and his eyes became less intense. "I'm sorry." He said, both to me and to Kane, who looked at him like an alien. "I guess I am just protective of her."
I smiled. "Or you are just crazy." I suggested.
Jordan looked at me and smiled. I sat in Marc-Andre's lap and he held me close. "What did that Hawk say anyways?" He asked me in French.
I looked into his dark, loving eyes. "He told me I was beautiful." I replied, also in French.
Marc-Andre pondered for a moment. "As much as I really dislike him hitting on my girl, he is more than correct." He said with a warm smile.
I giggled and reached up to kiss him softly. He held the back of my neck and a loud aww went through the room.
I blushed and pulled away, giggling again as Marc-Andre pulled me tightly against him.
The game ended, with Sidney and Max the winners of the game. The Blackhawks had to leave and we all walked them to the door. We forced Jordan to stay towards the back.
Marc-Andre kept one arm around the front of me as we shook hands with everyone.
When Kane walked up in front of us, his eyes stayed low. "I'm really sorry I cause such a problem." He said, again.
Marc-Andre shook his head. "Apology accepted. But hit on my girlfriend again and I will be the one to kick your as~"
I interupted him. "Marc-Andre Fleury!" I said, stopping from swearing. He rarely swears, and I prefered that he didn't.
He looked down at me. "Sorry." He said. "But I mean it."
Patrick nodded his head and shook our hands. "I'm happy for you guys. I would never want to interfere. You two are always so happy. And I hope Jordan is right." He said, and my jaw dropped as my cheeks flushed.
Marc-Andre had no clue what Kane was talking about, and he walked away. "What did Jordan say that he agrees with?"
I didn't have time to answer, thankfully, as Sharp said goodbye. "You take care, Miss. Crosby." He said with a smile. "I hope you feel better soon."
I smiled and he hugged both Marc-Andre and me. "Thank you." I said as he pulled away.
We all waited at the door until they disappeared out of sight. "Well, that was fun." Max said, looking at the time. "I suppose I shall head out too." He said and Jordan agreed.
"Goodbye." We said, and Jenna handed them their stuff.
Just like with the group of Blackhawks, the four of us waited at the door until Max and Jordan were out of sight.
"Like what Max said," Jenna said. "That was fun." We chuckled and I touched my aching cheek.
Marc-Andre and I decided to head out as well, the question about what Jordan had said was forgotten. We left and said we'd see Sidney at practice tomorrow.
In the car, I leaned my head against the headrest and sighed, touching my cheek while lost in thought. This day would not be soon forgotten, and by eleven in the morning, everyone will know about what happened to my face, and the fact Jordan tried to destroy Kane.