Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

The Outburst Of The Year

I had a slow day on the day of the game against the Islanders. And game day is the worst day to not be on top of things. I was late to practice, which is amazing since I LIVE WITH MY BOYFRIEND WHO WENT TO THE RINK. Yeah, the stares and questions I got were great.
I also forgot some of my gear at home, so I had to borrow Sidney's extras which did not fit in the least because I am short and tiny, and he is a whole heck of a lot taller, and full of muscle. (Jenna calls him her muscle man. Hell, all of these guys are.)
To top it all off, I was late for my doctors appointment, which made me late to get home and grab something to eat before the game, which, above all, made me late to the rink for the game.
Dan scolded me for being late and I didn't even try to make an excuse. I just put up with it and quickly got changed so I wouldn't be late on the ice.
Thankfully, Marc-Andre had already packed my bag for me because he is so sweet like that, and made me dinner. I felt bad leaving him home, but there was no way he can play; not until he gets his new glove.
I actually even made it on the ice on time. The beauty of being a woman- I am used to being super girl in getting ready when needed.
I stretched on the ice and shot some pucks at Johnny as a warm up. I wasn't starting tonight, so I went to the bench.
I cheered on Tanger right from the beginning, who made the Islanders goaltender, Dwayne Roloson, juggle his shot on the net. I joked around with Kris when he came on the bench, just as I went out.
My shift was not the most productive. We mostly stayed in the neutral zone, fighting for the puck. Towards the end, I was able to shoot the puck down the ice and hopped to the bench so the next shift could go.
I talked with T.K and Jordan when Roloson was assessed a penatly for jumping on the puck. To us, it didn't seem seem like a penatly. But we weren't going to complain.
I went on the ice with Jordan and we fought in the Islanders' zone. Sadly, though, we were unable to utilize the power play after Roloson caught the puck, and then Weight came out of the sin bin.
Sidney was able to get the first goal of the game with 1:23 left on the clock. We roared and banged our sticks against the wall as we cheered along with the crowd.
The last minute and a half went by quickly, and it was first intermission.
I went down the runway to the locker room, and looked at my phone. A text from Marc-Andre caught my eye. You've played well. Keep it up. Xoxoxo <3.
I smiled happily and put my phone away, shaking my sweat soaked hair from my pony tail. My dark brown hair now reached down to the bottom of my shoulder blades, and it definitely caught the water and sweat.
It didn't take long until we were to take the ice again. We kept pumping each other up, and I walked side by side with Pascal. "Let's get this game rolling." He said, and I laughed as I took the ice to take the first face off of the middle frame.
I won the faceoff and the game was on once again. Just about four minutes into the game, Sergei blasted a puck over Roloson's glove to bring us up two goals.
The arena was in full roar throughout the whole game. And man did they boo at each goal for the Islanders.
Those of us on the bench when Billy got the third goal of the game just started to laugh, and I do not know why. We were just laughing harder and cheering as Billy did some sort of funky dance on the ice.
When Roloson clearly tripped Max, who had to go down the runway because he was hurt, didn't recieve a penalty, I almost lunged at a ref who was nearby. Billy held me back and forced me to sit.
I shook my head as the puck slipped past Brent, but I said some encouraging words to him and he smiled through his mask.
I was cheering for Sidney as he got his second goal at 6:57, with me recieving one of his assists. We were up 4-1 at the time, and I knew the fans were cheering for a hat trick tonight.
Of course, the Islanders were fired up with an angry passion and scored at 6:33. Our team just shook it off, knowing we still had the lead and will fight until the very end.
The third period, of course, was the best of them all. The Islanders scored almost right off the back, bringing them up 4-3. If you asked Brooks, I snarled at the goal.
It was even worse when the Islanders tied it up at 12:49. Sid says he swore he saw fire burn in my eyes.
Remember how I said that we will fight to the very end? Oh how right I was. There was no way we were going to lose this game, we were determined to win.
And it showed when Geno, Sidney, and I took the puck down the ice on a power-play and Geno gets the puck in the back of the net.
I jumped at my Russian buddy and hugged him tightly, laughing and roaring with the crowd.
I went to the bench and laughed with Pascal as he tried to immitate my facial expression when Geno got the goal, since it went from surprised to pure joy. "I did not look like that." I said, punching his arm as we laughed.
We ended up on the ice together, and we charged down the ice. I watched as Andy Sutton crashed into Pascal when his head was down, snapping his neck back and he fell to the ice.
"NO!" I shouted, racing towards Pascal even before the whistle was blown.
About 3 feet before I reached the man, I dropped to my knees and slid at full speed towards him.
I snarled at Sutton as I realized that Pascal's eyes were glazed over, and he was unconscious. As I touched his cheek, and the other guys were starting to crowd around, Pascal woke up and looked up at me. I pressed my hand to his bleeding head.
Sutton tried to come closer, but I placed my body in a defensive stance over Pascal and snarled. "Get away!" I shouted, and he paused in surprise. "Don't you dare come any closer to him!" My voice was a half growl as the trainers checked over Pascal.
Sutton tried to speak but I only stepped towards him, feeling Sidney grabbing my arm. "Don't say a damn word! You had plenty of time to stop from hitting him! I saw it all!" I shouted. "You saw his head down! If you don't get suspended, I will be more than surprised!"
Sutton was completely taken aback by my outlashing, since I am not known for it. He turned his back to head to the penalty box for his five minute major penalty.
I turned back to Pascal, who was sitting up with his head into a towel. I wiped his blood that was on my hand on my jersey and looked at Sidney. "He will be ok, right?" I asked my brother.
Sidney squeezed my shoulder and nodded. "He will be just fine." He assured me, and I nodded.
Sidney, Billy, and I helped Pascal to his feet and the crowd gave him a well deserved standing ovation.
A few of the medical team took Pascal down the runway, and we all turned back to the ice, ready for the final minutes of the showdown. And we had a power-play.
Which, of course, we possessed and Geno was able to get the sixth goal for us, and he gained himself his fifth career hat trick on an empty net.
I looked up and watched all the hats reign down from our fabulous fans.
I went up to Evgeni, and patted my glove on his helm. "Good job." I said with a smile that he returned.
"Thank you. But I sort of fed off of your fiery show against Sutton." He said and I laughed.
The clock ran out and we all cheered. We cheered for the win and cheered for Pascal. We walked down the runway, except for Sidney who was the games number one star.
As we got to the locker room, I tried to rush over to Pascal, who was getting stitches in his bleeding head, but the medical guys refused to let me by.
I sighed and grumbled and grabbed my things to take a shower. I let the water run down my body as I kept my head up into the falling water.
I shook myself and finished up, wanting to get home as soon as possible.
But that wouldn't happen, since as soon as I got back to the locker room I was bombarded by reporters.
"Miss. Crosby! What did you say to Andy Sutton?" One man asked.
"Sierra, Sutton says that you pretty much told him to 'eff' off." Another said.
"Crosby, if Sidney wasn't holding onto you, would you have lunged at the man?" Said a woman.
I grinded my teeth but plastered a smile on my face like the good girl I am. I am normally down to Earth, but with Pascal injured like he was, I didn't sport any patience. "I told him to stay away from Pascal and yelled at him for not stopping when he clearly had time to stop and didn't. I accused him of foul play. If you consider that telling him to bug off, then yes. No, I wouldn't have lunged. Believe it or not, I am not barbaric."I replied to their questions, suddenly feeling very tired.
All three reporters said, "Thank you, Miss Crosby." At the same time, and left to go bother someone else.
I felt a sturdy arm wrap around my own and I placed my bruised, messed up cheek on Sidney's shoulder. The bruise didn't really hurt, it just looked ugly.
"Can you take me home?" I asked Sidney in a quiet and exhausted voice.
Sidney put his arm around my shoulder and we grabbed our bags; I just dragged mine. "Yeah, come on." He replied, his voice gentle as he led me out the door.
We said goodbye to everyone and I sunk into the seat of the car. "Are you alright?" Sidney asked, his voice leaking concern.
I nodded my head, looking out the window. "Yeah." I said, my voice barely above a whisper as I watch the scenery fly by. "I just don't like what played out with Sutton."
Sidney looked over at me. "You know, I'm glad you chewed that guy out. You had every reason too, Erra. He was completely wrong to check Pascal like that." He said.
I looked over at him even though his eyes were focused on the road. "I know, you're right." I said, resting my head against the window. "But I don't like losing my temper."
Sidney chuckled. "You very rarely lose your temper, Erra. You don't need to worry since you only do when it is best you do."
I sighed and nodded as he pulled into the parking lot for Marc-Andre's house. I squinted as I saw a tall figure walk through the doors. "He was waiting for me..." I said as I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car.
Sidney got out too and opened the trunk to his car so I could grab my bag. "He is a gentleman, that one." Sidney said and I raised my eyebrow at him. "I don't think I could trust anyone else but him with you."
I blushed slightly and slung my bag over my shoulder. "Thank you." I said, and stretched up to kiss his cheek. "Goodnight, Sid." I said as we both waved and I headed up to the doors, where Marc-Andre took me in his arms.
"Good game." He said as he kissed my lips softly.
I nodded and leaned against him as we headed up the stairs. "Yeah, there was no way we were going to lose." I replied and he gave me a slight squeeze on my shoulder.
"I love how you stuck up for Pascal against Andy." He said and I sighed. He stopped and turned his worried, dark eyes on me. "What is it?"
I shook my head and dropped my hockey bag, resting my forehead onMarc's shoulder. I felt his strong arms wrap around me gently and protectively. "I hate him for doing that." I mumbled into Marc-Andre.
Marc-Andre stroked my still yet hair. "I know, love." He said in French, which made me smile a bit.
Marc-Andre pulled away and kissed my forehead. He took a hold of my hand and started directing me through the apartment.
I blinked at him and he smiled. "Trust me." He said, and of course, I did.
He led me to the kitchen, where a delicious cheesecake sat on the counter. My eyes widened and I think I started to drool. "Cheese...cake." I said and Marc laughed.
"Come here." Marc-Andre said, and I eagerly obeyed. He took a fork to the cheesekcake and I stepped up to him, opening my mouth as he put the fork to my mouth.
I swallowed the cheesecake and squealed in joy. "You sure know how to make my night better." I said to him.
Marc-Andre smiled and put down the fork, sliding his finger along my chin. I shivered and grinned. "Only because I love you." He said.
I smiled even more. "And I love you too." I replied, just as his lips met mine as we kissed passionately.