Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

The First Games

The game next day went amazingly well. The Norwegians fell to our home team’s wrath 8-0, Luongo giving us a shootout. It was an amazing start to the men’s hockey Olympic Games for Team Canada, and we only hoped that it held out till the end.
Marc-Andre was the third goalie, so he sat with me amongst all of the other fans at the Canada Place, cheering on Canada as loud as we could. I was extremely proud of my brother, since he got three assists in his first ever Olympic game. Next will be a goal; I mean, he is Sidney Crosby.
At the cabin that night, it was full of celebration and lots of food, courtesy of mua. We all watched some of the other Olympic competition, and I watched just the beginning of Russia’s hockey game before I went to bed. Of course, in the morning, they held to their promise and won.
Again, I was kicked out of the cabin at seven, and Janessa met up with me and we wondered around the streets of Vancouver. We were in a beautiful province; we had to do some shopping.
We walked into one place that was featuring a whole lot of Team Canada apparel. A lot of it was for the hockey team as well. Janessa and I wondered through the clothing and Janessa started to laugh. “I found something for you, Sierra.” She said.
I looked over at her and she was holding a short sleeved Team Canada shirt that had Marc-Andre’s name on the back and his number. “Oh, my God!” I said, taking it from her and holding it up to me in the mirror. “I’m so getting this.” I said as we both laughed.
“I’ll match with you.” She said, holding up an identical shirt, but had Jonathan’s name and number on it. We both laughed again, continuing to rummage through the store.
At one point, one of the workers there walked up to me, recognizing me. I greeted her and she showed Janessa and me some new items they just got in. I picked up a Team Canada beanie that was red and black with the Olympic symbol on the side and the maple leaf on the front. I grabbed two, one for me and one for Sidney- he loves beanies. I would have gotten Marc-Andre a ball cap, but he already got one. All of the Team Canada players received some apparel, lucky ducks. Or should I say lucky maple leafs?
“Sierra.” Janessa called, and I walked over to her. She was holding up a large red hoodie that had Canada written across it in white and a maple leaf across the heart. “Jonathan wouldn’t wear this, but would Marc-Andre?” She asked.
I took the hoodie from her and held it up to myself and looked in the mirror. It didn’t look too bad, and Marc loves to wear hoodies in the spring and fall. “I’m sure he would.” I said thinking. “But this is too big. Is there a medium?” I asked. Marc-Andre is a twig in the torso, so he wouldn’t need anything this large.
Janessa handed me a medium and I asked her to hold my Pittsburgh Penguins purse and I dropped my coat on the ground as I tried on the sweater. It was still very large on me, but I had to make sure there was enough arm room for him. He may be skinny in his torso, but Marc-Andre has major muscles in his arms. He finds it hard to wear shirts sometimes because of it- especially his golf shirts.
“This is perfect.” I said, slipping off the sweater that was soft on the inside. I pulled on my coat and took my purse from Janessa. “I’m glad you found this.” I said with a smile.
Janessa grinned. “You’re welcome.”
One of the workers walked over to us. “We just got one of those shirts that you guys each have for Sidney Crosby, if you wanted one.” She said and I nodded, heading over to where we got the Toews and Fleury tee’s.
I picked up a Crosby one. “I’ll get this for Jenna.” I said, saying it out loud to myself than to anyone else.
Janessa walked up. “Jenna is Sidney’s girlfriend, right?” She asked.
I nodded. “Yes. I wish she could have come here, but she had to stay behind do to her school classes for college.” I explained.
Janessa nodded as we headed over towards the counter. “That sucks. I can only imagine how much she wishes she was here.” She said.
“Yeah, she is really disappointed.” I placed the items I was buying on the counter and started shifting through my purse for my wallet.
The lady started to ring up my items. “You have spent over $100. So you are able to buy the Team Canada gloves for only ten bucks. Would you like to?” She asked, holding out the black fingerless gloves that had the red maple leaf on the palm.
“Umm.” I said, thinking about it. Marc-Andre received a pair since he is a part of Team Canada, but he rarely wears gloves so he gave them to me. “Yeah, sure.” I said. “I’ll send them to Taylor.”
I paid for the items and waited for Janessa. My phone started to vibrate in my pocket and I jumped in surprise at it. I answered my phone. “Hello?” I said, curious on why Marc-Andre was calling.
“Erra. Where are you?” He asked, his voice was shaking with excitement, which confused me.
“I’m out shopping with Janessa.” I said just as Janessa walked up. “What’s up?” I asked him, wanting an answer.
“I can only tell you in person. Meet me for lunch at the diner near the rink?” He asked. “The whole team is going there for lunch.” I heard a voice in the background. “And bring Janessa with you.” He said.
I chuckled as I realized that it was Jonathan I was hearing behind. “Ok. We will meet you there. But can you stop by the cabin and grab my brace for me?” I asked him, since I wasn’t allowed back there until this evening.
I could picture Marc-Andre nodding. “Is your wrist bothering you again?” He asked, his voice filled with worry.
I smiled. “It’s fine. It’s just a little painful right now.” I said. “I’ll see you in a bit. I love you,” I said to him.
“I love you too. See you soon.” He said, and hung up.
Janessa looked at me. “What’s going on?” She asked.
“We are going for lunch.” I said with a smile, still extremely curious on why Marc-Andre seemed so excited. I picked up my bag and we started to walk down the street.
We made it to the diner, and I could see all of the guys piled around multiple tables through the diner, but all close to each other.
Janessa left me to go sit with Jonathan, who was at a different table than Marc-Andre, Sidney, and Marty. I slid in next to Marc-Andre, who kissed my cheek and handed me my wrist brace and helped me secure it.
“Hello.” I said to the three of them, and they all replied back. I looked curiously at Marc-Andre as I sipped from his water. “So what’s going on?” I asked.
The waiter came by just then and handed me a water of my own before asking what we all wanted. Marc-Andre and I would share as always, and Sid and Martin ordered a meal that could feed six. “I hope you plan on sharing…” I stated, and they looked at each other and grinned, which told me they weren’t.
I leaned against Marc-Andre and he put his arm around my shoulders. “So, I suppose you’d like to know now.” He said, and I looked up at him.
His huge smile made me even more curious. “Why, yes I do. Are you going to tell me?” I asked, trying to tease him into telling me.
Sidney and Marty were talking quietly to each other and I poked Marc-Andre in the side to make him tell me. He jumped at the poke, as he always does. “Ok, ok.” He said, his smile even bigger. “I’m actually dressing tonight; I’m going to be the backup goaltender.” He said.
My jaw dropped and I grinned excitedly. I threw my arms around his neck. “That’s amazing!” I said to him, kissing him with a strong passion. “I don’t even care if you don’t get to play at all; the fact that you’ll be in the Team’s clothes makes me so proud!” I said to him.
Marc-Andre laughed and hugged my tightly. Sid and Marty clapped while laughing. “Just having you proud of me is enough.” He whispered in my ear.
I kissed him once again. “I’m always proud of you.” I whispered back, just as out food came. I snuggled against him as we ate and talked about the game tonight.

After we ate, I made Sidney take the bag that held everything I bought back to the cabin, making sure Marc-Andre didn’t see what was in it. I was trying to think of a good time to give him the sweater.
Janessa and I were wishing our guys luck as they headed down to the locker room to get ready for the game. We walked around the arena to pass the time till the game starts. We weren’t sitting together, but we were fairly close.
We bought some drinks for the game, and then made our way to our seats for the game.
The game made my heart stop multiple times. I was so scared at the end, but I held my faith in Marty. And he held out.
The game was won by my own flesh and blood, and I screamed my heart out at him and cheered like a psychotic person. Janessa and I raced together to wait for our men to come out of the locker room.
My phone rang and I picked it up to hear Jordan on the other side. “What?” I asked him.
“Can you ask Eric if I can grab his signed puck out of his room?” He asked.
“No, you do it.” I said, just as Eric came out. “Hey Eric, your brother wants to talk to you.” I said, congratulating him at the same time.
Eric took the phone. “Yeah, yeah. Thanks.” He said, and I knew Jordan was congratulating his brother. “No, you cannot! Don't touch anything.” Eric said, and I raised an eyebrow at him. “Jordan, don’t you dare.” He growled, and I took the phone from him.
“Jordan Lee Staal, you listen to your brother and don’t touch any of his things or so help me I’ll put you through suicide drills when we get back to Pittsburgh!” I handed the phone back to Eric immediately.
Eric chuckled. “Bye.” He said and looked at me while handing my phone back. “Thanks. Jordan padlocked my room now so no one can take anything.”
I smiled. “You’re welcome. I knew that would get him.” I said chuckled, and Eric disappeared.
Sidney was out next and I launched myself into my brother’s arms. “That was absolutely amazing!” I shrieked while he laughed. “I knew you could do it, I just knew it!” I said, although I continued to ramble on about it.
I was shut up by a pair of lips upon my own. I blinked as Marc-Andre pulled away and grinned as I then threw myself at him. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist.
“I’m glad you have confidence in me.” Sidney said with a smile before turning away to call Jenna.
I looked Marc in his eyes and grinned. It was easy when we were at eye level since he had me hoisted up in his arms. “Seeing you in that uniform made me so proud. I got a few pictures.” I said to him.
He laughed at me and hugged me tightly against him. “You plan on sending them to my parents don’t you?” He asked me.
I grinned. “Possibly.” I said, giggling as he spun around in a circle and I held onto him tightly. “Do you mind if we make a stop to the post office before heading back to the cabin?” I asked him once he stopped spinning. I blinked to get the dizziness away.
Marc-Andre nodded. “Of course, but why? If I may ask.” He said.
Marc placed me on my feet and we started to follow Sidney out of the rink, although he was still on the phone. “I bought something for Taylor that I wanted to send to her.” I said, showing him the same gloves he gave me. “I got them for cheap from the store we were at.”
I wrapped my arm around Marc-Andre’s waist, and he did the same to me as we walked side by side. “Alright, let’s go then.” He said with a smile. “I’d like to catch some of the Russian’s game.”
I giggled and leaned against him. “Well, come on then.” I said, laughing, grabbing his hand and starting to run to the post office that was only down the street.
He laughed and followed, not like he had a choice. We ran down the street, laughing all along the way.