Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Me Verses Marc Showdown

Canada had fallen to the Unites States, which shook us all to the core. The Athletes village was a deadly silent last night, but the loss did not come without a vengeance.
And oh did Team Canada get its revenge.
I sat with Marc-Andre as Canada came back to win against Germany 8-2. We cheered them on and laughed giddily through the game, enjoying our time. But that wasn’t the best part; it was far from it.
We played Russia in the quarterfinals; a game that all of Canada thought would be a gold medal game. Throughout the whole game I was squeezing Marc-Andre’s hand with all my might, but he seemed to not care, since he was on edge as much as I was.
I cried out when Eric was hit and thrown into the boards, and I pressed against the glass, trying to see if he was alright. Marc-Andre kept his hand in on mine and we both roared and clapped as he rose to his feet and made his way to the bench.
But the best part was when the final horn echoed through the whole arena, indicating that Canada had beaten Russia 7-3. And it was the first time Canada had beaten Russia in men’s hockey since 1960. We were wild.
Marc-Andre and I raced down to the locker area and as soon as Sidney came out of the locker room, I launched myself into my brother’s arms and he spun me in a circle as we yelled “We beat Russia!”
He set me down and I saw an evil look in his eyes as he looked down towards the Russian locker room. “Sidney, no.” I warned, and he looked at me as he realized that our twin connection set off warning bells. “Especially not to Geno, Sidney. You know he is going to be extremely upset. Gonch may take it better.” I said.
Sidney nodded. “Alright, alright. I’ll behave. But we will be teammates again in a week, so they better get over it soon.” He said before walking away to go call Jenna.
I sighed. “The first week back is going to be a pain.” I moaned as Marc-Andre wrapped his arms around me.
Marc hugged my tightly against him. “Everything will be fine once we get home.” He said. “Someone had to lose; it’s just the way it is.”
I nodded. “I know, but it will still be awkward.” I mumbled.
Marc-Andre grinned. “Well, our little ‘Mama Crosby’ will have to keep it all in order then.” He said, and I started to laugh at the nickname the team had given me because I am like the mother of the team.
Janessa appeared next to us, jumping up and down and giggling. She paid no attention to us and we just talked quietly. As soon as Jonathan exited the locker room, she was in his arms and he carried her in his arms through the hallway as they both laughed and cheered.
I grinned up at Marc-Andre and he kissed my nose softly. I giggled and rested back against him.
Eric made his way out of the locker room, and he sat down on the bench, putting his face in his hands. I strolled over to him and sat down. “Eric?” I asked, my tone gentle and worried. I knew he had to be in a lot of pain from the hit, even though he did play a few shifts after.
“I’m fine.” He said abruptly, which told me he wasn’t. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he leaned into me, eventually laying down and putting his head in my lap.
I nodded to Marc-Andre, who went to grab a bag of ice as I stroked Eric’s hair. He moaned slightly and as the other guys came out of the locker room, they walked by as quietly as they could because they knew he was in pain.
Marc came back with a bag of ice, and I wrapped it up in a towel and gave it to Eric. He didn’t move at first; he kept his face hidden in my lap because the light hurt his eyes- he had a headache. “Eric.” I said and he finally took the ice and placed it along his cheek and jaw.
Sidney had finished talking with Jenna, and we had to head back to the Athletes Village. Sidney and Marc-Andre stayed on either side of Eric, just in case.
I skipped ahead of them, humming the Canadian national anthem with the red and white ribbons that I tied in my hair were bouncing around me. I could hear the three guys laughing behind me, and I turned around and placed my hands on my hips. “What?” I called, cocking my head at them.
Marc-Andre made a quick sprint to me, and I shrieked in surprise as he swept me into the air and held me close. “Nothing love, nothing at all.” He said, and he kissed me swiftly and I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck.
He carried me the rest of the way to the apartment cabin. I sung the whole way, which annoyed Eric a bit, but I was too happy to care.
Lu was being hoisted on the shoulders of some of the other guys when we opened the door. “Woah.” I said, laughing as they almost dropped him.
Sid cracked up. “Guys, don’t break him. He is a very important part of this team!” He joked, and all of the other guys laughed and apologized to Luongo.
Eric made his way, slowly, to his room, and I followed him as Marc-Andre was entranced with a video game. Eric fell down onto his bed and curled up as I walked in. “Do you need anything?” I asked him.
I could slightly see his blond head nod. “Water?” Was all he said, well, asked.
“Ok, I will be right back then.” I replied, stepping out of the room and making my way to the kitchen.
Nasher stopped me along the way. “Is he ok?” He asked, and I could see the concern in his eyes.
I nodded to him. “Yeah, he just needs rest.” I replied, and a roar went up in the living room. “What on Earth are they doing?” I asked, grabbing a glass and filling it up.
Nash laughed. “They are playing the newest NHL game.” He said, grinning at me. “You think they’d have enough fun being out on the ice itself. Let alone, most of them are playing themselves.”
I looked at him. “You aren’t serious?” I asked, taking a peek into the living room to see Marc-Andre playing as the Penguins and Johnny playing as the Blackhawks. I laughed and turned back around, shaking my head. “Oh my, they are so crazy.”
Nash shrugged and grabbed a coke. “One of them is yours.” He said with a grin that made me roll my eyes.
“Yes, I know. And I love him dearly, and I always will. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a man in pain awaiting my care.” I said, leaving Nasher in a stunned state as I headed back down the hall.
I walked into Eric’s room to find that he hadn’t moved an inch. I grabbed the ice from his side table and sat on the edge of his bed. I placed the water where the ice was, and gently placed the ice along Eric’s jaw. “Would you like some Ibuprofen?” I asked him, but he shook his head.
“I already took something, thank you.” He replied, but it was only a mumble. His phone went off and I took a look. “It’s Jordan.” He said. “He texted me saying I did a good job earlier. I didn’t think he’d reply. You can read it.” He said, as if he had read my mind.
I read the text out loud to him. “Jordan says that he hopes you feel better, and you better be on you’re a game on Friday or he is going to kick your ass.” I said, chuckling as I thought about his threats.
Eric sat up suddenly, holding the ice to his jaw, and startling me from his quick movement. I looked at him and he took the phone. He mumbled something I didn’t hear and gave the phone back to me. “Say what you want to him.” He said, covering his head with a pillow.
I grinned wickedly. “If you say so.” I texted Jordan back on Eric’s phone saying this; Jordan! What have I told you about threatening your brothers! There is no need for such stress; Eric needs rest in order to play his best on Friday!
I giggled as the text sent. “I’ll leave you be now.” I said to Eric. “Rest up.” I said and I heard him say a muffled goodnight.
I closed the door behind me as I exited the room, and headed down the hallway to the living room. Getzlaf jumped out from around a corner and yelled “BOO!” at me, and I screamed and smacked him on instinct.
“Ouch.” Getz said, rubbing his cheek where I smacked him.
I swore I became as red as the Canadian hockey jersey I was wearing. “Well you deserved it for doing that to me!” I said, placing my hand on my racing chest.
Marc-Andre appeared around the corner. “What are you doing to my girl, Getz?” He asked, a warning tone to his voice.
Getz only laughed though. “I’m sorry, Erra. But I saw you coming and I couldn’t resist. I know I deserved that hit.” He said, turning on his heel and whistling as he walked down the hall.
“He’s crazy.” I said, thinking out loud as Marc placed his arm around my waist and pulled me against him.
“He is.” Marc-Andre agreed, smiling down at me as we entered the living room. “But aren’t we all?”
Just as he said that, Duncan tossed the controller as Boyle laughed at his winning in the game. “Oh yeah! And that it exactly how my team is going to beat the Blackhawks next time we meet!” He said with laughter as Duncan growled.
“You wish, Boyle.” He said, and then they were wrestling on the ground.
I rolled my eyes. “Yes, yes you are.” I said and I caught Marc-Andre’s eyes. “What?”
The grin on his lips made me narrow my eyes. “I said we, love.” He said, and I laughed as I got what he meant. “You are crazy as well.”
“Oh yeah?” I asked, stepping on Duncan’s back to reach the other side and grab the controllers. I tossed the controller to him. “Bring it on, Marc.” I said to him, determination filling my eyes. “Play me, love.” I said loud enough for all to hear, and all eyes were on us. “Play me and we will see just who is the craziest.”
The guys all started to chant the name of who they wanted to win, and Marc-Andre laughed as he accepted my challenge. “Alright. But I won’t lose to my girlfriend.” He said, sitting next to me on the couch as I claimed the Penguins home team.
I grinned and looked over at him. “But baby, I owned Jonathan at a shootout. What makes you think that I won’t own you in a game?” I said. “I am far from an ordinary girl. You will bow before me in all my awesomeness, I promise that.” I grinned.
Jonathan moaned somewhere in the back of the room. “Did you really have to bring that up again?” He mumbled and some of the guys chuckled.
Marc grinned and laughed. “Ok, sweetheart. Let’s rock.” He said, picking the Canadiens as his team, just as I knew he would.
We played hard, and he ended up with the first goal, but I answered a few seconds later. The virtual version of him was making some amazing saves. Sidney laughed. “Why can’t you make some of those saves in real life?” He said playfully, and Marc-Andre looked back and whacked him, giving me enough time to steal the puck and barrage to the goal, scoring.
Marc-Andre sighed. “Haha, I was only kidding anyways. You make better saves then that.” Sidney said.
Marc shook his head. “So you did that just to distract me, so uncool.” He said and won the faceoff, since that is the only thing I suck at in this game.
I giggled and I made Cooke fight with one of his players. “Thank you Siddey, I love you.” I said, using the nickname only I call him. “Awwww.” I pouted as Cooke lost the fight.
Seabrook slid into the couch next to me. “Go Erra go! Go Erra go!” He was chanting, and about half of the team was chanting the same thing, while the rest were chanting “Flower”.
I bit my tongue as Marc knocked the virtual Jordan to the ground and made a goal. “Unfair! I declare a penalty!” I called, laughing as Marc-Andre tickled me.
“That was a fair goal, missy.” He said, kissing me quietly before playing the final period.
“It’s so on.” I growled, sitting at the edge of my seat as we battled back and forth.
It ended up that we were going to have a shootout. And I picked Sid, Jordan, and Geno as my first three up. And Tanger as the forth if needed. “GO SID GO SID!” I yelled as I played him, and wound up a goal and shot it. Sadly, the virtual Canadiens goalie saved it. “Darn it.” I mumbled as Marc laughed and the guys who were cheering for me booed.
Marc-Andre went next, and I laughed so hard that I fell off the couch when I made the virtual him poke check the puck away. “Wow I’m good.” He said, laughing with the rest of us.
I had Jordan going next, and my awesome skills with the virtual Staalsy had the puck go in the net. “HAHA!” I said as the guys roared. “See, that’s the personal training I put him through.” I said with a grin.
“Yeah, yeah.” Marc-Andre said, but he was smiling all the same.
And just as I promised, I owned Marc-Andre in a game of NHL 10. “Oh! So who is the best? Huh, huh?” I asked, laughing as Corey lifted me to his shoulder and the guys that were cheering for me laughed.
Corey placed me on the ground and Marc-Andre smiled and faked a sigh. “Alright, you win Erra.” He said, and he bowed down to me. “I bow to your awesomeness.” He said, looking up at me with a grin.
I giggled and stood against him as he stood up. I kissed him softly as my fingers laced through his. “Why, thank you.” I said and the guys all made gooey noises that I shook my head too. “So mature guys.” I said, and they all laughed.
Marc-Andre lifted me to his shoulders, and I rested my arms across his head. My own head touched the ceiling, so I had to bend down. I saw Eric looking around the corner, smiling as he caught my eyes, and nodded before heading back to his room.
I didn’t think much of it. I just kept laughing and almost getting filled as Marc-Andre kept tickling my feet.
We collapsed on the bed later that night and I looked into his dark eyes. “You really are a great goaltender, both the real you and the virtual you.” I said with a grin.
Marc grinned. “I knew Sidney was joking, it was just a reaction to smack him.” He said, kissing my forehead.
I was about to say something else when Sidney came bursting into the room, since we shared, and dove onto our bed. “Sidney!” I shrieked and Marc-Andre pulled me on top of him in such a swift movement that I was disoriented, but out of harm’s way as Sid’s belly collided with the bed.
“I love you too, sis.” He said, and I pushed him hard, making him fall off the bed as I laughed at him.
The rest of the night consisted of our playful bickering, and a small pillow fight that Marc won because I cheated and made him stand in for me and we secretly worked together. I knew within my heart, that this night belonged to us, the Canadians.