Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Skates & Plates & A Date With Fate

We ended up winning our next two games, which gave us a perfect record since returning from Olympic break. Everyone was excited and fully prepared for the five game road trip that we had coming up.
I didn’t play in either of the two weekend games, but I didn’t mind because my ribs were killing me. I was hoping I would be able to play against the Hurricanes, because I have never had a chance to play against the eldest Staal brother. Something always came up that I never got to play against him.
We didn’t leave for Carolina until tomorrow, because tonight was our annual Skates & Plates Charity Gala. I always enjoyed doing this because it was so much fun to dress up and serve the people and compete against my teammates for the most tips, which will go to the Make-A-Wish or the Mario Lemieux Foundation along with the money that was paid for the tables.
Marc-Andre and I were getting ready to leave and I had to laugh as Marc was having troubles with the rose. “Hun, you put it through the button hole.” I said chuckling, taking the rose and attaching it correctly.
He grinned at me and helped me with my hair as I put on my makeup. Marc is used to putting products through my hair, so he was glad to help put the product that kept my hair from going wild in.
Marc-Andre was wearing the black tux that all of the players had to wear, with a rose across his heart. I was wearing a mid-shin length black dress, with the rose clipped into my hair instead.
I let my hair go all curly, and it framed my face perfectly and my bangs were swept to the left. I was really happy with it.
I finished applying my subtle makeup, which consisted of a soft blue eye shadow and black mascara, with the glossy lip that I always wore.
“Are you guys ready yet?” Jordan called from downstairs.
“We’re coming.” Marc-Andre yelled back, putting on my locket that I took off for my shower as I put on my promise ring after cleaning it. “Ready?” He asked with a grin, and I nodded and took his arm as he led me out our bedroom and down the stairs.
Jordan whistled at us and I stuck my tongue out at him as Marc-Andre laughed. “You guys look like celebrities.” The tall blonde said, straightening out his own tux.
“Your flower is upside down.” I stated, and Jordan blushed and quickly went to fix it.
“Let’s go.” Marc said, and I smiled as we headed to the car.
We arrived at the restaurant at around 6:30 and almost everyone was already there. The event started at 7:30, so we had to get organized by an hour.
I had to help a few of the guys with their ties or roses, and I was on babysitting duty as Pascal’s son, Kody, was here since he paid for his wife and children to be at his table. Kody had his hand on my dress the whole time as we walked around and fixed everything up. I peeked out the window and saw that people were already waiting. “This is going to be another fun night.” I commented, looking at Kody, who blinked his big bright eyes. “Come, Kody.” I walked away from the window to finish up with Kody still latched to me.
Kris banged into me and dropped the trey he was holding. “Shit.” He said and I covered Kody’s ears.
“Kristopher Letang!” I scolded as he picked up his trey, and I saw his cheeks flush. “Watch your language. There is a child here.”
Kris looked at Kody and flushed even more as the child looked up at him, confused. “I’m sorry.” He said and I shook my head and waved him off to go finish whatever it was he was doing.
I found Pascal and his wife, who was allowed in now, and she took Kody from me. “Thank you for watching him.” Pascal said.
I nodded and smiled. “My pleasure. He is a good kid.”
Pascal smiled and walked away. The player announcements were about to begin. I knew that would be going by player number, so I lined up between Jay and Sidney. I couldn’t see a thing around Jay because he was so big, so he let me stand beside him.
Dan started to introduce everyone and I saw Kody wave at his dad when Pascal was called. I clapped when Marc-Andre was called and he waved to everyone as he walked out and headed towards the table he would be serving.
The line went quickly, and I was a little surprised when my name got called. I waved to everyone who clapped and cheered and blushed slightly as Marc blew me an air kiss from where he was standing. I shook my head and laughed and went to stand by my table, introducing myself as the introduced their selves to me.
Sidney was last, but never least, and then the party was off on a roll. I took the orders and got the wine for the table, and went around pouring. A little girl that was there wanted me to give some to her too, but her family just laughed as I gave her milk instead.
The next few hours were a lot of fun, for everyone. We got to get to know our table and socialize with everyone. Everyone was extremely nice, and was so happy to donate to the cause. It didn’t help that we were there I suppose.
The night ended late and I thanked everyone at the door as they left. Marc-Andre walked up to me and wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me against him. I smiled and took a hold of his injured hand and my fingers fluttered along his injured finger. We signed the apron that would go for auction, and then we were on our way back home.
We had to get up early in the morning for the flight to Carolina, and I gave him a dubious look as he mentioned the car he wanted to take. “There is no way you are taking the Lambo and leaving it at the airport!”
He laughed at me as Jordan looked at us like we were idiots and then went into the house. “I was only kidding, Sierra.” I narrowed my eyes at him. He pulled me into a kiss. “You don’t trust me?” I could feel the smile on his lips.
“Oh, shut up.” I said and started to giggle.

Sidney and I argued most of the trip to Carolina the next day. I think most of the team was listening and clearly enjoyed it. I threw my shoe at him at one point, and Dan had to scold me before I apologized. It is very rare when Sidney and I argue and actually mean it. Normally we just play fight.
Almost the moment we touched down in Hurricane land, Jordan’s phone went off as his brother called him. They bickered, as they always do, all to the hotel. Eventually I shut Jordan’s phone and Jordan looked at me like I was crazy for hanging up on his brother. “Just blame it on me.” I told him.
I collapsed on the bed in our hotel room and Marc-Andre applied ice to my Achilles. Our team doctor examined my ribs and said I was clear for play because I couldn’t feel it anymore, but it turns out, my Achilles is now inflamed.
I was on my belly, reading a book, and my leg was resting against Marc-Andre’s chest as he stood and kept the ice on my ankle and massaged the area. I was hoping the inflammation would go down by the game tomorrow. I needed to play!
Sid sat on his bed, the one next to ours, and flipped through the channels. “Can you practice?” He asked, his hazel eyes locked onto me.
I could only see him through the corner of my eye. “I will practice. But I probably can’t do too much.” I replied without taking my eyes off of my book.
“You need to rest.” Marc and Sid said at the same time.
I looked up at Sidney, and then over my shoulder to Marc-Andre. “I’m fine, really!” I said, trying to convince them. “My ribs are perfectly fine, and this is just an inflammation. It’s nothing.”
Marc chuckled. “So says the girl who had a wrist problem for over a year.”
“And still has some issues.” Sidney added.
“And probably always will.” Marc pointed out.
I sighed and rolled over on my back. My heel rested now on Marc-Andre’s shoulder. “Are you two trying to gang up on me?”
The two of them looked at each other and grinned. I blinked twice and had the playfully dreaded feeling that they were.

As it turned out, Lady Luck was on my side. On game day, my Achilles was still a little tight, but for the most part, it was perfectly fine. I flexed it out and skated in the warm-ups to confirm that I was ready to go.
Johnson would be in goal because Marc-Andre would have his work cut out for him as we played the Devils tomorrow.
Since he wasn’t playing, he taped up my stick as we were at the bench while I tightened my skates. I popped my left shoulder too, which was a usual tradition that I started to do since I was younger and dislocated my shoulder and I can pop it whenever I want.
Eric skated up to our bench as my leg was up on the rail, stretching out my muscles. “Good luck.” He said.
I cocked my head to the side and took my leg off the wall. “You are wishing me luck?” I asked him, curious on what he was planning.
But the smile he flashed was sincere. “What can I say, I grew really close to you Crosby’s and your Flower.”
Marc laughed from behind me. “I wish I was playing. I never seem to play when you’re around.” He grinned but I realized that it was true.
Eric grinned as well. “Sorry man. Maybe on the 20th.” He nodded to us. “See you on the ice, Princess.” He said before skating away.
“Why is everyone calling me Princess now?” I asked, turning towards Marc-Andre.
He shrugged. “It was your nickname in Vancouver, it must have just carried over.” He smiled and stood up, leaning my stick against the glass. “Plus, you are a princess. In my eyes at least.”
He kissed me and I smiled. “You spoil me.” I whispered against his lips.
“You do know you’re in public you know.” Jordan said, taking my stick and testing it out as I pulled away, blushing and biting my lip.
The rest of the team came to the bench, except for the ones who would be starting.
We started the game off strong, and stayed strong, but it was just one of those games that you work so hard, but end up losing in the scoreboards. But we all felt we won in everything else except for the score.
But our fun didn’t stop after the game. Heck, it never does. We were right on a flight to New Jersey, my oh so second favorite place in the world. I shall not explain for the sarcasm. We knew heading into New Jersey that this was going to be a fight for the top of the Eastern Conference, and for us, a fight for a win needed against the Devils.
Tomorrow’s game is a game that any fan of either team will definitely not want to miss.