Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

My Own Troubles Now

Geno sat out during the game against the Red Wings, and I believe it was because of that that we weren’t on our game. We weren’t playing terribly, don’t get me wrong, but we were far from playing our best hockey. Only Marc-Andre was on the top of the game, making saves that looked like he was back in game 7 of the Finals last year. The three that went in couldn’t have been called as his fault, they were definitely ours.
And poor Gonchar was just having a terrible day it seemed. One of the goals was from a player using him as a shield in order to shoot the puck between his legs and it went in since Marc couldn’t see it.
I was getting furious at the end of the game. The crowd kept chanting “Crosby sucks” talking about my brother. In the middle of the third, I purposely slashed Lidstrom, who looked at me in confusion since he was the one who helped me back in October when I severely hurt my wrist, but I snarled at him. “Don’t think that you helping me would save you.” I was given two minutes in the sin bin.
At the end is when I lost it. After the final horn blew, Sid and one of the Red Wings, I couldn’t tell who is was, started pushing each other, and then Howard, their goaltender, lunged at Sid when his back was to the goaltender. Obviously that caught Sidney by surprise, and I lost my temper.
I threw myself as Howard, yelling at him as the refs came in between us and then Sid and the other Red Wings. Howard smirked at me, threw his mask as I swore at him, and Jordan picked me up and glided a few steps before setting me back down and pushing me towards the runway.
I threw my stick and helmet, ignoring anyone who was trying to talk to me, and tossed my gloves across the locker room as I screamed. I felt a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off and grabbed my clothes, trudging to the showers and peeled off all my gear in the bathroom and dropped to the floor in the shower and sobbed.
I finally pulled myself together and got out of the shower and dressed. I fixed my dress pants and tossed my hair into a tight, wet bun. I exited the showers, ignoring the stairs, and headed towards where my stuff was. Sidney walked up beside me. “Sierra…” I shook my head to make him stop, and I threw my hockey bag over my shoulder and exited the locker room.
I dropped my bag from my shoulders and then dragged it towards the bench not far from the door. I sat on the bench and brought my knees to my chest and set my forehead on my knees. I sniffed and looked at my phone as it vibrated with a text from Jenna, but I didn’t look at it.
I could hear the reporters walking around, but I ignored them all, even if they tried to approach me. “Leave her alone.” I heard Gonch’s voice say not far from me. The reporters actually left me alone after that.
I heard someone sit next to me, and I could recognize the cologne that Marc wore. “Baby?” He touched my shoulder and I automatically uncurled myself from my sitting fetal position and laid down while putting my head in his lap.
Marc-Andre played with my side-bangs that didn’t go into the bun as we sat there in silence while the others came out of the locker room.
My phone buzzed again, and I handed it to Marc. “Jenna and Geno.” He said, telling me who the texts were from.
“You answer.” I said quietly. I didn’t want to talk to anyone, except Marc-Andre.
I could hear the buttons from my phone as he answered the two texts.
The rest of the team came out of the locker room, some giving me looks of confusion and Cooke smiled at me. I shivered at the thought of why. I sat up and Marc-Andre stood up, taking his bag as we followed the team to the bus that would take us to the airport. I dragged my bag on the ground before Leopold picked up the other end of it. I turned around and nodded my thanks.
We piled onto the bus and I sat next to Marc-Andre, as always, and the bus was more talkative than I thought it would be. I seemed to be the only silent one. Marc was talking with Brent and Sid was speaking with Dan, Pascal, and Kris.
Marc-Andre put his arm around my shoulders and I sunk against him. “Are you ok?” He said quietly in French, and Brent turned back around in his seat, knowing this wasn’t his business. I nodded, but that didn’t convince Marc in the least. “You played well today, Erra. And that stuff with Howard was just some testosterone on an overload.”
I smiled slightly as his symbolism. “No one jumps at my brother.” I mumbled, and Marc-Andre rubbed my arm with his thumb.
Marc kissed the top of my head, and he undid my bun and my hair fell down in a damp wad of curls along my shoulders. “We need to find our game, sooner is a lot better than later.”
I nodded my head. “You were on your game though, Marcy.” I stated. “Some of those saves… It looked like you were back from the playoffs last year. You were amazing.”
I looked up and met his gaze. “Why, thank you.” I could see that he was proud. “I just wish I didn’t let those three in.”
I shrugged. “I couldn’t even see those goals. So I don’t see how you could have.”
Marc-Andre chuckled. “Sometimes I make saves that I didn’t see. I think that happens to every goaltender.”
“And every goaltender lets in goals they wish they could get back.” I retorted.
Marc was silent for a moment. “You have a point.” I grinned and he laughed. “Ok, you always have a point, don’t you?”
“I do.” We both laughed as we pulled into the airport and hopped out.
Kris and I chatted as we were getting on the plane, and Marc-Andre and Max were talking in French. Of course, they were teasing each other. It is best you viewers don’t know what they are saying. Men, they are so strange.
As always, I sat next to Marc-Andre on the plane while the guys started to play their games. The others slept, or tried to like me.
At one point during the flight to Washington, Marc-Andre got up and Jordan took his spot. He tapped my finger and my eyes flew open and I took my earphones out. “May I help you?” I asked, sort of annoyed because I was almost asleep.
Jordan nodded his head and I raised an eyebrow. “I’m hoping you can help me, at least.”
I turned off my IPod and looked into those sad, deep blue eyes. “Alright, tell me.”
Jordan shuffles uncomfortably in his seat and took a deep breath. “I’m having… girl troubles.” He mumbled quietly.
That really peaked my interest, and the fact he was coming to me flattered me. “What’s up?”
Jordan shifted. “You know Kris’ sister that we don't really see a whole lot of?”
I nodded. “Ariana, yes I know her. She’s a sweetheart, but really shy and unsure. And she is a good person. Kris is really protective of her though.” Then it hit me. “You aren’t serious?”
Jordan’s eyes pleaded with me as he nodded. “Yeah, it’s her. Ever since I met her four years ago when I joined the team and she followed Kris. She is really sweet, and it upsets me to see her so shy and out of place.”
I smiled hugely and Max poked his head in. “Seriously? Our little Jordan is in love? Awww!”
Jordan whipped around and glared at Max. “Do you always have to eavesdrop?” He growled at his teammate.
Max grinned. “Yup, that’s how I know things.”
Jordan continued to glare. “You can’t tell anyone, Max! That’s why I was coming to Erra because I know she knows how to keep a secret about these kinds of things.”
I looked at Max, noticing the look on his face. “Do not tell anyone, Max. This is something he has to do on his own.” Max nodded in understanding and went back to his own seat. I looked back to Jordan. “Does Kris know?”
Jordan shook his head. “No. I mean, she’s his sister. He will probably freak out. What did Sidney do when Flower told him?”
I thought about it. “You know, neither of them ever told me what happened. But Sid has mentioned multiple times that Marc is one of the very few people he trusts me with.”
Jordan sighed. “I really, really like her, Sierra. I want to make her happy.”
I nodded. “When we get back home, we will have our annual spring party. Kris will bring her like he always does. Talk to Kris about it though, Jordan. We don’t want him to kill you over her. Especially because he is so protective over her because of her past.”
Jordan cocked his head to the side. “Her past?”
I motioned for him to not ask anything else. “It isn’t anything for me to tell. Ask Kris or Ari about it, but I can’t tell you.” He nodded and Marc-Andre was coming back. “If you really like her that much, trust your feelings.”
Jordan sighed and nodded. “Ok, thank you Sierra. For everything.” I smiled at him as he got up and Marc sat back down.
“What was that all about?” He asked, curiosity written on his face.
I shook my head. “Nothing, love. You will find out soon enough.” I smiled at him and Marc shook his head and laughed.
Geno sat himself on Marc-Andre lap and Marc pushed against him. “Dude, what the hell are you doing?” Marc said, pushing Geno off.
I laughed, and so did Geno. “My seat has been taken.”
Marc narrowed his eyes as Geno stood up; brushing his hands along his butt to make sure nothing was there from falling on the floor of the plane. “So you had to sit on me?”
Geno grinned. “Pretty much.”
I laughed some more, but Marc-Andre looked annoyed. I elbowed him in the side as Geno and him started to have a staring contest. A smile spread on his lips, which made the smile Geno was wearing stretch even bigger.
“How long are you two going to do this?” I asked, seeing Geno’s eye swell with tears from not being able to blink.
“Until one of us loses.” Geno said.
I sighed and noticed that Jay was sneaking up behind Geno. He stopped just behind him and quickly grabbed his Russian teammate’s shoulders and yelling. “BOO!”
Evgeni jumped and blinked, turning around and punching Jay playfully. We all laughed and Marc-Andre smiled. “I win.”
Geno scowled. “Yeah, but Jay made me lose.”
“You would have cracked anyway.” Max said from the seat behind us. I chuckled.
“Whatever.” But there was a smile on Geno’s face.
“Sit down, kid. We are landing in Capital territory soon.”
I looked out the window to the dark night. “Woo hoo.” I grumbled sarcastically. Wednesday’s game was not a game I was looking forward too. Playing against Ovechkin always puts me on edge. There was also the possibility that Geno won’t be playing. In fact, more than likely he won’t be able to play.
For everyone else, this was the game they can’t wait for. But for me, this game will suck, and suck terribly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so, the incident with Ari should have happened sooner in the story, before December and not in March, because my spin-off story with her, she and Niklas start dating in December. Sorry for the incorrectness.