Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Friends...Sometimes They Suck

My darling, loyal readers- have you missed reading? I am honestly sorry that you have not heard from me in so long, but it was the playoffs, and I could barely do anything during the playoffs. So please excuse this terrible delay.
Anyways, as you all know, we made it to the second round of the playoffs, but Montreal’s goaltender stopped us from advancing. Yes, I said goaltender, because without that man, those Canadiens would have been kicked out in the first round against the Capitals. Halak is the reason they are advancing.
I’ll always remember the handshakes at the end of that series, though. One of our teammates last year who won the cup with us, Hal Gill, was there and when I came to him, he picked me up because my short stature didn’t fit with his 6’7” height. It felt strange to be like that, as if nothing had ever happened. It was strange.
I suppose I should give a brief update on everything that happened over the playoffs. I was Jordan’s given “babysitter” when he had his foot surgery. But seriously, that kid can’t stay down… at all. I looked after him the night of the surgery, and then he refused to let me help. That’s Jordan Staal for you though; he never lets pain keep him down.
I can’t be talking though. I pulled my Achilles once again, for the third time to be exact, and I continued to play. I wasn’t going to let this playoff run end due to injury just like last year. I’m as stubborn as a mule- I believe it runs in the family.
The bruise and swelling receded from my cheek in the first round of the playoffs, so at least that injury healed. My mouth still aches on that side though, mainly when I eat, so I have to still be careful.
We were in the Mellon Arena for the last possible time that we may ever set foot into this rink ever again. I did a slow 360 around the locker room to take in the sight of the nameplates leaving, and the gear all gone. “This is home.” Geno’s voice said from behind me.
I turned and looked up at the tall Russian, and I smiled softly. “This is home… not coming back next year is going to be really hard.” Sadness crept into my voice.
Evgeni hugged me softly, as if he was afraid to hurt me. I hugged him back as tight as I could to prove a silent point. He chuckled. “I agree. But this new beginning for us, for the team.”
I nodded as he went over to grab his bag. “This is where our career began though. For a good portion of us.” I said quietly as he hauled his bag over his shoulder. “Good luck at Worlds’, Geno.” He smiled at me. “Keep in touch.” He nodded and I turned around to face Sergei. “You too, Sarge.” I felt a tear form in my eye. “I really do hope you come back next year. I’m going to miss you if you don’t.”
With that, Gonch dropped his bag and pulled me into a hug. “If I don’t, you’ll be just fine without me kiddo.” He said warmly.
I shook my head as it rested against his shoulder. “You’ve been here from the beginning. Since Sid and I came to this team, you have been here. It’ll be… different without you.” I mentally smacked myself for my lack of words.
“It’ll be fine, Sierra.” He said quietly. “You and your brother shouldn’t have declined going to Worlds’. Then we’d still see each other.” He grinned, and that actually made me laugh.
“I need to rest my injuries, not agitate them more by going to Worlds’. And Sid is exhausted, both mentally and physically. I don’t get how you two can do it. You both were in the Olympics as well. How do you have all this energy left?”
“My playing sucked this year.” Geno said from the hallway and I shook my head at him. “That’s how for me.”
“I’m tired too, but, unlike you children, my time is limited. I have never won gold in Worlds’, so I would like to try.” Was Sarge’s answer.
I sighed. “I suppose you’re right.” I hugged them both once again. “I’ll miss you two.”
“We miss you too.” Geno said and I kissed his cheek.
“Go away, you two Russians.” I joked, getting a smile out of them both. “See you later.”
Geno grinned and walked away. “Later.”
Gonchar followed, looking back at me. “Take care, Sierra.” I nodded and he smiled before disappearing.
I blinked back tears and backed up a step to turn around, only to run into a tall goaltender that was my boyfriend. “Are you going to be ok?” He asked softly in his native tongue, running his thumb under my eyes.
I nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck. “Yeah, I’ll be fine.” I whispered quietly as he held my body against his. “This is our home, Marc. I can’t believe we may never set foot in here again.”
“I know, baby. I know.” He said, his fingers running through my thick hair. “They may keep the rink anyways, and use it for public use.”
“But what if they don’t?”
“Then we have our memories to serve us.”
I looked up at him, and his eyes met mine. How is it that he always knows the right thing to say? Because, man, he definitely does.
I said nothing else. He held me tightly in the middle of the locker room that we would never see again until Sidney cleared his throat from the doorway. “The media is here. Care to have one last interview in this arena?”
“What a way to make me feel better, Sidney.” I mumbled as the media filed into the practically empty locker room.
“Sorry.” He whispered before being bombarded.
Marc-Andre pulled me into his lap as the media swarmed around us. Usually we don’t show our affection to the media, because they have a habit of twisting things around, but this time I let him hold me in his lap as the cameras were all on us.
They talked more towards Marc, and I just sat there and listened while he stroked my hand. The splint finally came off of his finger, and it actually felt weird that it wasn’t there on my skin.
I giggled quietly as Marc answered a question about what he will be doing in his free time. He answered saying that he would probably take a vacation, because he didn’t want to deal with the Montreal fans back home. I actually think that none of the Quebec Canadians will be going home. Tanger would be going to his friends place in New Brunswick to be there for the anniversary of his death. Luc Bourdon if anyone is wondering.
His sister, Ariana, would be staying with her boyfriend as his team continued on in the playoffs in the west. Did I mention she was dating Niklas Hjalmarsson? Hmm, sorry for that failure of an update. She will fly to New Brunswick the weekend of the sorrowful date.
When the media left us, I looked at Marc-Andre. “By vacation, do you mean coming home with me?” I asked him.
He smiled and kissed my forehead. “Of course, Erra.” He swept a strand of hair from my face. “I enjoy being in Nova Scotia. It’s very pretty there.”
I smiled. “I know. And I’m glad you’re coming home with me until the playoffs end. Then we are going to your home, right?”
Marc pulled me into a gentle kiss that I eagerly returned. “Yes, my love.” He said in French. “We will travel between both of our homes. But someday, I hope to make Quebec yours.”
I looked up at him, his dark eyes bearing into mine. “I’d like that.” I whispered quietly, and his lips met mine once again.
“Seriously, do you two ever stop kissing?” Max’s voice rang through the locker room. “It really is a little gag worthy after a while.”
I blushed insanely and hid my face against Marc-Andre’s shoulder. Marc spoke in French to Max, annoyance seeping into his voice. But because he is Marc, it wasn’t mean. “Max, wait till you get a girlfriend that you love more than the world, then we will talk about ‘kissing’.” I chuckled.
I looked at Max and I could see the downcast look in his eyes. I slipped from Marc’s arms and walked over to put Max in a hug. He hugged back silently and pulled away and left without a word.
Marc-Andre looked confused but I just shook my head and took his hand. “Let’s go home, love.” I said. “We need to pack and get the house ready to be ditched for the summer.” Marc laughed at that.

Marc-Andre’s PoV:
Later that afternoon I was in the garage, rearranging things to keep them in order during the months that we were gone. I knew Sierra was up in our room packing our two bags. I couldn’t help but smile whenever I thought of her. She was the one thing in my life that I cherish more than anything, and after that final game when I was so upset that I wanted to just break down, she was there for me, telling me the right things to help.
I looked up when I heard car doors slam shut. Jenna, Ariana, and Max’s new girl, Emelie, walked up the driveway. “Hey, Flower!” Jenna called with a big smile.
I returned her smile and stood up straight. “What can I help you with, girls?” I asked them, stuttering over the English slightly. Two of them spoke French, but Jenna did not.
Ariana looked over the garage, her jade green eyes taking in the sight. I realized that she had only been over here once before, and must be taking in the surroundings. “We came to see Erra before you two leave.” Her quiet voice answered. It always amazed me that she was related to Tanger. Her eyes are green and not brown, and she has hair that almost reaches her hips. You can hardly tell she has an accent, except when she’s lost in thought or angry- neither I have heard.
“She’s upstairs in our room.” I said with a smile, getting smiles from all three girls.
“Thanks, Flower.” Jenna said, leading both of the girls inside.
After the entered the house, I went back to my work, hoping to get this done today.

Sierra’s PoV:
“OH SIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!”
I jumped probably ten feet in the air when Jenna’s voice rang through my room. The laughing of three girls’ quickly took over and I whipped around to face them. Jenna, Ari, and Em stood there smiling. “What the hell? When did you guys’ get here?” I asked, trying to calm my racing heart.
Ari blushed slightly, as if she intruded on something. “Just now. Marc said you were up here.”
“We wanted to see you before we all depart for the summer.” Emelie threw in there.
I looked at Jenna. “What’s your reason? You’ll be living with me since Sid and I share a place and I’ll be there for the first half of the summer.”
Jenna laughed. “I’m just here for the ride.”
“You amaze me.” We both grinned at each other.
Emelie plopped herself down on my bed. I knew her for a while, but we never really hung out until Max started dating her. It was nice to have another girlfriend to talk to. She tossed her long, wavy brown hair over her shoulder and her green eyes looked around the room. It was her first time here so she must be observing. “You have an amazing place, Sierra.” She whispered.
I packed my jewelry box in my suitcase and smiled at her. “Thank you. Although, I can’t really take the credit. Marc-Andre was the one who did all of this. I just decorated the place.”
“You and Vero, right?” Jenna asked, tossing me a few of my shoes.
“Yes. She came down to help.”
“Who’s Vero?” Ari asked, still in the doorway.
“Come in, Ari. No need to be shy.” I smiled at her as she walked in slowly. “Veronique. She is a childhood friend of Marc’s and Marylene’s.”
Ariana nodded. “Oh, I see. That’s nice that she came to help.”
Jenna chuckled. “Only because Marylene bribed her.”
“That’s supposed to be a secret Jenna.” I gave her a warning look and the dark-haired girl just laughed. “Anyways, aren’t you supposed to be in Chicago, Ari?”
Ari had her eyes locked on a photo. “San Jose, actually. I’m flying out tonight.” Her quiet voice replied.
I walked over to her to see which photo she was staring at. It was a picture of Marc, Sid, and Tanger surrounded by Verbeauty, Sharpie, and Nik- Ari’s boyfriend. I knew who took this photo. Her name is Rhyne, a girl I met about a year and a half ago who loved both my team and theirs. She just turned 21 in March, if I remembered correctly, and she is now dating Versteeg. I knew he had deep feelings for her pretty much since they met. I was surprised he actually made a move on her.
Who knew he had in it him?
“That was taken last year after our game with them in Chicago. It was freezing that day. Hence all the layers.” I smiled.
And Ari returned it. “I remember Kris telling me about it. He has this same picture. Nik does as well. I remember seeing it in the hallway.”
“Sid does too.” Jenna added in from the bed. “I believe all the Blackhawks who are in that picture do too. I remember Janessa saying that she saw it once while at Patrick’s house.”
I turned around and looked in my closet to see which clothes I would be taking home. I leave most of them here, though, because they are more of my winter clothes since we mainly spend the winters here. Plus I have another wardrobe at home.
Aislinn jumped up on the bed and Emmy started to pet the cat. “I have to get all her stuff together as well.” I sighed.
Emelie stood up and put her hands on my shoulders. “You need a break.” She said with a grin.
I raised an eyebrow and Jenna laughed. “Do I hear retail therapy bells ringing?”
“Oh no.” I said, eyes widening.
“Oh yes! Consider it your last shopping day in Pittsburgh until next season.” A wicked grin spread on Emelie’s face as she continued to talk. The girl was an inch shorter then I, but she had heels on now. “Come, Flower girl!” She yelled, pulling me with her as Jenna and Ari followed.
They dragged me to the garage where my boyfriend was finishing up. He gave us a funny look and Jenna happily filled him in. “We are taking your girl for a few hours. See you in a bit!”
Marc’s brown eyes found me as they buckled me up in the passenger’s seat. I gave him a shrug and a look that read that I didn’t want to do this. That made him laugh.
“Just make sure to bring her back safely.” He grinned and my jaw dropped. He was letting them do this!
“No problem, French boy.” Jenna said just before she pulled out of the driveway, dragging me on a shopping trip.