Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Baby Jordan

I almost dropped the phone. In fact, I almost completely collapsed on the floor myself if Marc didn’t come up and catch me just in time.
“I…I’m sorry?” I squeaked out, my whole body shaking.
“His younger brother says that you’re in the area. They ask for you and the eldest.”
I thought I was going to get sick. I handed the phone to Eric, who walked up to me as well with a worried expression, and this time I actually did collapse to the ground in shock.
Marc wrapped his arms around me, confusion etched on his perfect face. “Sierra?” He asked carefully, looking up at Eric as he turned sheet write. “What’s going on?”
“My brothers got in a car crash,” Eric replied, monotone. He looked at me and I was able to glance up at him as he held out his hand to help me up. I took it gratefully and Marc rose beside me as well.
Sidney and Jenna both looked up, apparently she woke up to a shriek that I didn’t know that I let out. “Oh, my God,” she said, looking horrified.
“Come on!” Eric growled, and we all followed him to the car, except for Jenna.
Tanya walked down the stairs as we were putting on our shoes. I’m sure we all looked pretty funny since we were in our pajamas and fighting with our shoes to get on. “What’s going on?” She asked, and Eric told her everything. “Oh, God.” She put her hand to her mouth. “Go! I’ll stay here with Parker. Jenna, you can come up with me.”
Jenna nodded slightly as she hugged Sidney tightly. “Keep me posted, ok?” She whispered to him and he nodded.
Marc practically carried me to Eric’s car. “Ma chérie,” he was looking in my eyes but I couldn’t focus on anything. “Sierra, he’s going to be ok.”
A single tear fell from my eyes as I finally looked at the man I loved. “It’s Jordan, Marc,” I said quietly. “You know that I consider him my little brother, and he’s hurt…”
“Sierra,” he quieted me as we made our way to the hospital, slipping into French. “I know that it’s Jordan. And you know that he is strong. He tore a tendon in his foot and came back to play only six days after surgery. Nothing can keep him down and I am sure that he is just fine.”
I nodded and leaned into him, knowing very well that my body was trembling, but his arms around me were comforting. I closed my eyes and willed this to all be a dream, but I knew it wasn’t.
I opened my eyes once we pulled into the parking lot at the hospital, and Eric turned around in his seat so he could talk to Sidney, Marc-Andre, and me. “Do not tell my parents about this, ok?” His blue eyes focused on me. “Having one person that acts like a mother will be enough. I will tell them when we get the three of them home.”
I felt myself blush when Eric directed his words at me, but I nodded. I wasn’t going to break it to his parents anyways. Does it look like I want to deal with a frantic mother when I’m frantic myself?
We got out of the car and Marc-Andre wrapped his arm around my waist as if he was afraid that I was going to collapse. I was glad he did it, though, because I was afraid I was going to collapse too.
As soon as we walked into the emergency room, Jared was in Eric’s arms, tears running down his cheeks. “I’m so sorry, Eric. I didn’t see the car coming at us until he almost hit us. I swear I looked but there wasn’t anything there!”
Eric hushed his younger brother as the rest of us stood around them. “Its fine, Jared. Take them to Jordan and Marc, ok? I’m going to talk with the police.”
The redhead nodded and looked at us. He had stitches in his forehead, right along the same area where I held mine when I got into my car accident a year ago. I touched the scar underneath my bangs softly.
Jared briskly walked away and we quickly followed. He halted at a door and turned to look at me. “Jordan,” was all he said before turning down the hall.
Sidney touched my shoulder softly. “I’ll go see to Marc while Eric is talking. You stay with Jordan.”
I only nodded before entering the room. I saw Jordan’s blonde hair from the doorway and I walked in slowly, Marc-Andre only a few steps behind. The doctor was in there and he turned to look at me. “He’s asleep, but you can stay.” I nodded my reply as I sat in a chair next to the bed and looked at the boy.
He had stitches above his left brow and his left cheek was pretty swollen from whatever impact he had. His left elbow was wrapped and I realized that he must have been sitting behind Jared and the car that smashed into them hit on the left side. That meant that Marc was probably fine.
“His injuries are really not that bad,” the doctor said, but I couldn’t look at him. I took Jordan’s hand in mine while Marc-Andre picked me up and set me on his lap. “He has a very mild concussion, but just a few days of rest is all he needs.”
“Thank you,” Marc said, answering for the both of us since I couldn’t bring myself to speak.
I saw the doctor nod from the corner of my eye and Marc tightened his grip around my waist. I rested my head back against him as he kissed my head softly. “He doesn’t look like he’s twenty one, Marcy,” I whispered quietly. “He looks like a child.”
“I know, ma chérie. But he’s ok. He just needs rest.” He kissed my head softly again. “If you really were his sister, he’d be lucky.”
I chuckled. “If that’s the way it is, you have me as your fiancé, soon to be wife. What’s the make you?”
“The luckiest man in the world.” He smiled and I turned in his lap to kiss him softly. Somehow he always knew how to make me feel better. “There’s enough room for you, lay on the bed with him. A motherly figure is what he needs right now.”
I nodded as I climbed on the bed and laid next to Jordan on my side so I curled around his broad shoulders. I played with his long blonde locks as Marc rubbed my leg softly. I loved this kid as much as I loved my little sister Taylor and it really did kill me so see him hurt. I keep picturing Taylor as him, and it makes me cringe.
I hummed softly, as I did when I visited the hospital after his surgery on his foot. He told me when he woke up that he heard it, so I’m hoping that he heard it now so he knows that I was here for him.
I glanced at Marc-Andre and he was smiling softly. He also considered Jordan like a little brother. Hell, we all loved each other like family.
Sidney walked in at one point and sat on the other side of Jordan. “Eric and Jared are with Marc. Apparently it was a drunk driver who was street racing and didn’t even see the truck, which was carrying the boats. It makes me wonder exactly how drunk he had to have been.”
“Wasted.” I replied, feeling anger boil up inside of me. It was because of stupid people like that that I could have lost my best friend if Jared didn’t notice they were about to be hit.
Marc agreed next to me as he continued to rub my leg. I was a little cold, being in the hospital in only a tank and short shorts, but I ignored it.
“Well, Eric says all three of them have to stay overnight just in case, but apparently all the results revealed nothing of concern.”
“That’s great,” Marc-Andre replied with a smile and I knew he was trying to make me feel better.
It worked.
I smiled slightly and looked between my brother and the man I loved. “Thank you, both,” I said softly.
“De rien,” Marc smiled, winking at me before kissing my lips gently.
“Ok, eww! Waking up to see my two best friends kissing while practically on top of me is so disgusting!”
I sat up quickly, both Marc and I blushing, and looked at Jordan as his blue eyes sparkled and his nose was turned up, proving that he was disgusted.
I couldn’t help but laugh heartedly at him, and soon enough, the three boys joined in and we were laughing together.