Sequel: Bloodless

Confustions Human Nature

III

Dan ran after him. He cought up to him by he stairs and looped his foot around Derricks sending him flying dow the stairs. Dan reached him before he could get back up. He dragged him up the stairsand along to Bens apartment. He threw him inside and closed the door locking it .
'We play this my way okay boys? No one leaves until I say you can.'
Derrick lay on the floor he didnt move. One because he wasnt sure he could and two because he didnt want to annoy Dan anymore than he had.
Dan knelt down by Derrick and whispered in his ear.
'You want to know what I went through? You want to feel the pain I felt? Want to feel what Corey felt?'
Derrick shook his head then felt Dans hand go onto his neck putting pressure onto it so that id he moved his neck it would snap clean in two.
'I forgot to tell you. It wasnt a option.'
He dragged Derrick into Bens bedroom nd threw him onto the bed. Tied him using shoelaces and called Ben into the room.
Ben didnt want to go but he knew he didnt get a choice. He walked through slowly and sat in the corner where Dan told him to sit.
Dan went in his pocket and pulled out a knife. He held it against Derricks stomach.
'They left me for three days before they even realised you had gone. Three days Derrick. Three days tied to a bed, cold, hungry and in agony. Now I could leave you for three days or just kill you now.'
Dan paused. Derrick thought. he regretted it. Every second. He regretted leaving and he regretted not asking tem to gut him here and then.
'I think I'll kill you now. Not because Im having mercy. Becuase Im feeling impatient.'
Ben watched as Daniel raised the kife. He knew he wasnt watching him so he took the gun from the draw. Loaded it and waited.
Daniel looked at Derrick and gulped. He had never killed anyone before. Though he was ready to do it. He was about to send the knife into Derricks chest when Ben pulled the trigger.
ben watched as Daniel winced in pain.. He looked down at Derrick. With the last of his energy he sent the knife into Derricks side he then stumbled and fell backwards collapsing on the floor.
Ben stood and ran over to Derrick untying him and holding him close to his chest. He hugged him. Derrick looked up at Ben though he was blurred by the tears forming in his eyes. He couldnt hold on. Though he was happy. He was in Bens arms. He couldnt think enough to wish it was Jenny. He didnt care.
'Ben, am I going to die?'
Ben shook his head. He didnt know. But he could assure him he wasnt. If if the assureance was a lie. He could try.
'No. Im not going to let you I promise'
He held Derrick closer to his chest as his eyes closed. He couldnt let him fall asleep. Then he would lose him that was for sure. He shook him to wake him.
'No stay with me!'
Derrick opened his eyes.
'I love you,.... I always will'
Ben cried when Derrick said this. he sounded so weak. So broken. But he could tell he meant it. He watched as his friends eyes closed again. He had one more thing to try. He laid him on the bed Knelt and kissed him.
Derricks eyes opened as his lips met Bens. He felt Bens arm go under his neck and support his head. Bens eyes were closed like he meant it. Derrick kissed him back. It was like a whole new world. A dream world.
A heaven.
Something brokethem out of it. As they heard the front door smash open and the shout for police Ben pulled away. The police came trough and looked at the situation then at Ben who raised his hands in the air.
'I shot him and he shot stabbed Derrick.'
One of the officers ran to by Derrick supporting the wound on his side. Derrick looked at Ben as he confessed everything.
Ben sat with Derrick till the Ambulance and his wife arrived. Derrick watched as the cuffed him and took him into the police car and drove him off. They wheeled Derrick into the ambulance.
Jenny held his hand.
'You're getting all too used to this/'
Derrick looked at her.
She was saying that like it was his fault.