Status: just starting.

Firework Eyes

Another Song About the Weekend

Three weeks later


“So Vic, Brittany’s having a back to school party and mom said she didn’t care if I went as long as I was with you,” Alexandria said.

She and Vic were lying on the hood of her car.

“Does that mean I have to go?” he asked.

He watched as she took a long drag off her cigarette before extinguishing it.

“Of course silly,” she said. “I can’t go without you! Who else is going to keep me from drinking too much? And dance with me?”

He smiled, a rush of pleasure at the invitation going through him.

“Hm Mike?” he said.

She wrinkled her nose in laughter. “So some bimbo can jump me because she’s jealous? No thank you.”

“I guess you’re right. We don’t want to risk that pretty face of yours,” he said, surprising himself at the remark.

She flushed and made a point of tugging on her shorts instead of looking at him for a moment.

“I’m not that pretty,” she said.

“So you say,” he countered.

“Whatever,” she said, sliding off the car. “Wanna go get ice cream?”

“Sure.” He got up and climbed into the passenger seat.

“But anyway, the party is tonight. And I was thinking that you could stay with me since I live closer,” she said. “But only if you want.”

Unbidden images of her naked in bed came to mind.

“Yeah, that sounds good,” he said nodding.

~~


Vic went to Alexandria’s house at 8. Her mother answered the door, smiling broadly at him.

“Hi dear, come in. She’s in her room,” she said.

She made her way back into the living room and Vic headed for her bedroom door. Before he could knock on the door Zach reached his legs wrapping himself around them.

“Vic!” he shouted happily.

“Hi buddy,” Vic said lifting him up as Alexa’s door opened.

“My two favorite boys,” she said, stepping back to let the pair enter.

“You look great,” Vic said finally taking in her appearance. It was a simple outfit consisting of shorts, a t-shirt, and a converse but on her it brought a familiar churning to his stomach.

“You’re sweet,” she said, shrugging off the compliment.

Vic put Zach down and the toddler rushed out of the room. Vic tucked his hands into the pocket of his jeans and stood waiting as she finished last minute touches.

“Ready?” he asked, as she at last stood before him expectantly.

“Mhm,” she nodded and they walked outside into the cool night air.

Brittany’s house was a block away from Alexa’s. Once inside they met up with Mike and he handed both of them red, plastic cups. Alexa immediately went for hers. Vic grinned and took a sip of his own.

“Don’t overdo it Lex,” Mike said.

He was probably on his third by now but he was much better at handling his alcohol than her.

There was proof of this an hour later as she and Vic swayed on the dance floor.

“Have I ever told you how sweet you are?” she asked, looking up at him.

“Earlier,” he said, his hands firmly on her waist.

“And handsome? Did I ever tell you how handsome you are? Everyone always asks me if we’re dating and sometimes I don’t want to tell them we’re just friends,” she said.

The confession shocked him, sobering him up instantly. She continued to talk, slurring occasionally.

“I like you Vic. Like a lot. Like more than a friend.” She looked up and kissed him gently. He kissed her back. Her lips were as soft as he had always imagined.

I can’t take advantage of her. I want this to be right if this happens.

He pulled back suddenly, holding her at arm’s length.

“Lexa, I can’t do this right now. I like you. More than you know. But I’m not going to do this right now. I don’t want this to be a drunken mistake.”

She looked as if he had slapped her at first but her expression quickly turned to anger.

“I’m not drunk,” she said stepping away and furthering the distance between them.

“Lexa,” he said softly. He didn’t want to hurt her. He reached out to grab her hand but she flung it away.

“Don’t Vic,” she spat, turning on her heel and storming away.
♠ ♠ ♠
well, I just decided to update this. I hope everyone who might possibly read this enjoys it.