‹ Prequel: The Perfect Storm
Status: Active; Comments, please?

Love of the Undead

Chapter One: My Wedding

I love my dress. I love it so much! It was really just Katharina’s wedding dress, but I had this feeling that I should wear it. It fit me perfectly, flattering my thin figure. There was a small train behind me, the sleeves on it in a thin and elegant disign. I love this dress!

“Come on, Melodiya, hold still!” Sophie says, messing with my hair along with others.

“I’m sorry! I’m just so excited!” I say, bouncing in my seat like a five year old about to recieve candy. “I’m marrying the best man on the planet.” Some of them laugh knowingly, others giggle excitedly. “I love him.”

“Yeah, yeah, I know how you feel, Mel,” Sophie says, rolling her eyes. “But, trust me, if you hold still then he won’t be able to keep his hands off you.”

Everyone slowly started exiting the room, leaving me with Sophie. I had this one question I just had to ask her. Now seems like the perfect time. “Sophie … when you saw Alison run down and … die, why didn’t you try to stop her?”

Sophie stayed silent, continuing to mess with my hair. Minutes seemed to pass until she finally said quietly, “That was her destiny, Melody. Don’t you remember what she told us?”

“’I’ll be back.’”

“She meant it. Alison might be good at hiding things, but she always keeps her promises. Especially one like that. She gave me a name.” Sophie smiles weakly at me. “But, when she comes back, Martin will know it. He’ll recognize her even if she’s not human.”

“Martin will fall in love with an animal?”

“It’s not that funny, Mel. David … he couldn’t find Alison again if he tried. Martin could track her if she ended up in a different universe.”

“Wow.”

“Same with Duncan if I died. He’d find me no matter where I am. Kevin can do the same with you, but as if he’d let you go through with killing yourself like Martin.”

“Why did he, though?”

“He knew it was happening. He accepted it with the knowledge that they’d be together again. Jesse, Scarlett, Marilynn, and Alexandria merely kept their dads out of the way.”

“Why?”

“Because then that would ruin everything,” Sophie says, rolling her eyes, pulling my veil down. “This is all I can tell you: There’s a reason you and Kevin loved her like you did.”

“What do you —”

“Gosh, Melody, you’ll find out! Trust me. But, right now, you need to be worrying about what Kevin’s gonna think when he sees you’re wearing his little sister’s wedding dress.”

“I think I look pretty good in it, though,” I say, smiling as I stand up.

“Remember, Christopher’s walking you down the aisle.”

“Why is that?”

“He offered. Kevin would’ve fought you if you were about to make anyone else walk Alison down the aisle. Plus, Christopher wanted to be there for his soon-to-be little sis.”

“At least I have someone who’s supportive.”

“Josh is here for you,” Sophie says quietly, adding a few last-minute touches to my makeup. “He has Alexandria.”

“Wait, Alec and Josh?!

“You’re marrying his brother, Melody, should you really be upset?”

“No. I guess not. But, it’s just so weird —”

“You’re marrying someone who’s over five hundred years old.”

“Do you enjoy making me feel like a hypocrite?”

“A little,” Sophie says sheepishly. “Good luck. Chris will be here for you.”

“Oh, please don’t leave me, Sophie.”

“Don’t tell me you’re reconsidering!”

“No. I just feel sick,” I say, feeling my lunch coming back up. “Oh, Hera help me.”

“Melody, breathe, you’re okay. Remember, Kevin’s right down there,” Sophie says soothingly.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Chris asks, walking in.

“Melody feels sick.”

“No, it’s just nerves. It’ll pass,” I say stubbornly. “I just need to puke and I’ll be fine.”

“Mel, if you feel sick then Kevin’ll understand. He’d hate to watch you suddenly vomit.”

“I’m fine. It’s just nerves.”

“Alright, if you say so,” Chris says, shrugging. “You better hurry, Soph. Most of the bride’s maids have already begun walking.”

“Best of luck, Mel!” Sophie says, hugging me quickly, before she scurries out of the room. Chris takes my hand, pulling me along down some steps in this surprisingly non-creaking church.

As “Here Come The Bride” plays, I honestly felt like I was going to throw up. I took a deep breath to steady myself. The doors opened wide, and I saw Kevin on the other end. All the nervousness and need to vomit faded. All I wanted was to be there right beside him that very second.

My wish came very soon, to my liking. Kevin’s smile took up his entire face, making me wonder if he was in any pain from the lack of it for five hundred years. The priest’s words flew by my head as I just stared at him. I decided to pay attention just in time, as it was time to say “I do.” I said it without a thought in my head, pure bliss and happiness taking over my mind as I daydreamed about this. This has to be the best decision of my life. I know I won’t regret this. Oops. I hope I didn’t just jinx the best damn thing to happen to me.

“I love you, Μελωσία,” Kevin says, right before kissing me. Kevin pulled me close, kissing me quickly as everyone broke into applause. This was it. My happily ever after.