My Immortal

My Immortal Ch. 2

“I love you.” Brian whispered as he pulled back and slowly bent down onto one knee. Mercedes’ heart dropped and her eyes grew wide. “Delaina Mercedes Sullivan, I love you with all of my heart and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?” He asked his voice so soft she could barely hear him over the torrential down pour that surrounded them, but she didn’t have to hear him she knew what he was saying and she knew her answer.
“Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!” She shrieked as he slipped the large princess cut diamond ring onto her left ring finger. Brian shot to his feet and hugged her close. Joy consumed them both and made them forget that they were soaking wet and cold .The only thing they felt was each other.
“Thank you baby.” He smiled his signature heart melting smile and kissed her lips softly. They had kissed countless times before but they all paled in comparison to this single kiss. This kiss was soft, yet firm. Sensual yet sweet. This kiss was perfect…

“Mercedes! Mercedes, hello anybody home!” Ginger yelled waving her hand in front of her dazed co-workers face. Mercedes shook her head and pulled back from the cherished yet painful memory.
“Oh sorry, I was just thinking.” She said rubbing her eyes trying to rub away the burn of unreleased tears. Ginger rolled her dark blue eyes and ran a agitated hand through her jet black hair.
“Listen, Benz, you have to stop that. I know you miss them but it’s gonna kill you.” Deep down Mercedes knew she was right. It would kill her, but would that really be so bad? At least she would see Brian again. “Come on we are going out, and you are not gonna back out this time.” Before she had time to protest the older but shorter girl pulled her toward the exit of the restaurant.
She hadn’t gone out in two years. She had always found something else to do. She used to go out all the time but she couldn’t now. Every time she thought about it her mind would travel back to Brian and her friends and she would be an emotional wreck for three days. She wasn’t ready for this, not yet. She would never be ready for this.