Hello Sheffield

2

I was in love with my house.

Its mahogany floors and light crème walls were elegant and classy. The kitchen wasn’t too modern because it still held a country kitchen type feel yet had all the elements of a brand new house in an upscale community.

The bedrooms were all nice and neutral colors, though I planned on painting my own bedroom a different color and making one of the guest rooms an office space. It wasn’t freakishly cold in the house, nor was it warm in a scandalizing way. I was positive that there weren’t any ghosts or demons in the house either, which was a huge plus.

I couldn’t wait to see it without all the boxes littering the floor. So far I had done virtually nothing but organize the mess. All the boxes were now in the correct rooms. Some of the furniture I had already bought was delivered but laying around in heaps of displacement. My clothes were already hanging in the freshly painted walk-in closet in my soon to be bedroom.

I was lounging around my house in a pair of shorts and leg warmers. I was still in the Bring Me the Horizon shirt from last night with an open zippered sweatshirt to cover my freezing arms. I played with the ski hat I wore on my head, it had those long braids on either side of my face and tufty ends.

I pushed two boxes out of my way in the living room and started mopping the wood floors. I had gentle music playing from the kitchen. I plunked myself down on the floor right outside the room and sipped some coffee out of the one mug I’d managed to salvage. The rest broke on the trip over.

It took a large amount of money to send my things over the pond. My parents picked up that bill, thank god. They didn’t really understand why I left but they supported me regardless. The only decent thing they ever really did for me in my whole twenty years of life.

I stood up and moved into the kitchen. The table I had put in the small dining room attached to it had three boxes on top. Only one was open. I proceeded to move the different utensils into the drawers I wanted them in. Next were pots and pans and soon, I was ready to pull out the big boy appliances.

However, I was still lacking some major things and I noticed it. I searched through a few boxes until I found paper. I had to run upstairs to get a pen. Finally I sat down at the dining room table to make two lists: to do and to get. I had only just started writing my To Get list when there was two swift knocks at the door.

I stood up quickly, confused, and stared at the small digital clock that I plugged in only two hours ago. It was one o’clock already? Holy hell. I made my way to the front door, not bothering with looking through the small hole in the middle of it. The only thought that ran through my head when I saw who was behind it was: Thank any god in the universe that I wore makeup today.

Three men stood there, looking disheveled and out of place. Oliver Sykes, Tom Sykes, and Jona Weinhofen all stood there. “Uh, hey Oli, and friends. What’s going on?” I asked, leaning against the door in what I hoped was a fairly cool move.

“Well, yeh said that yeh were movin’ furniture and I figured that’s nothin’ a lady should be doin’ alone,” Oli said seriously with a stiff little nod at the end. I smiled.

“That’s very gentleman-like of you. You can come in,” I said, wanting to shut the door. I was freezing now, with my shorts on.

“Yeh didn’t say she was a fan Ols,” Tom said, shuffling into the house and gesturing at my shirt. Oli looked straight at it with an unreadable expression.

“I didn’t know,” he said. I shut the door once they were all inside and turned to look at them. An odd sight it was, seeing these attractive, colorful people in my home. I shrugged indifferently.

“I didn’t think it mattered. I like your band for the music, not the people in it. Though I have to say you’re all quite talented at what you do,” I said kindly and honestly. Jona was the first to react, stepping forward and holding out a hand for me to shake. I was introduced to Tom next, who was a sweetheart more than I had ever imagined.

“I like her,” Tom announced, after I led them to the kitchen and offered them water, but told them no milk since that was strictly for cereal, “We’re keepin’ yeh.” I smiled and put water down on the table. “You can keep me if you help me locate the glasses in one of these boxes,” I pointed to two boxes sitting in the corner. He launched himself at the boxes overenthusiastically.

I leaned against the counter. “Oliver Sykes, I do believe this is the second time you’ve come to my rescue.” He looked at me quizzically before understanding blossomed on his features. He rubbed his nails on his t-shirt and blew on them comically.

“What can I say? I like to help damsels in distress,” he said airily, “‘Specially pretty ones like you.” I looked down and blushed slightly. Jona snorted. “Yeh’re so full o’ shit Oli!” he exclaimed, smacking him around the head. He cringed and ducked, pushing Jona slightly.

“Get offa me ya arse!” he shouted, waving his arms around his head.

I rolled my eyes and moved over to Tom who had found the glasses. I put them down on the table and poured some water, the only other drink I had in this house, into them. I slid into the only empty dining room chair and stared down at my incomplete list.

I propped my head on my hand and looked up at the boys sipping at their water innocently. “I’m putting you guys to work.” They looked up at me immediately. “I’m assuming that your dad has some type of tools?” I directed toward Tom. He shrugged. “Yeah, he does.”

I smiled. “Argue amongst yourselves to see whose getting some of them.”

And argue they did, until Tom was shoved out into the cool day and the door was shut promptly behind him. I showed Oli and Jona the living room and parlayed instructions before I rolled out the throw rug. I turned around and they both immediately looked away. I placed a hand on my hip and raised an eyebrow.

“You were just staring at my ass, weren’t you?”

“Well, I wouldn’t say starin’ realleh, it was more of a…,” Oli trailed off and looked at Jona. “More of an accidental thing.” I glanced between them and rolled my eyes, grinning. “Was it nice at least?” I asked, moving towards the couch we had to move.

“Oh, er, yeah. It was…nice and all,” Jona said nervously. “Fuckin’ brill actually,” Oli said, smirking and without a blush. That didn’t mean I wouldn’t blush, because I did. Instead of acknowledging this I stood in front of the couch. Jona came to my side to help me, while Oli lifted the other end himself.

We worked silently until all the heavy furniture was in place. Then I simply opened boxes and started putting lamps and other things up in hopes to, at least, get this room completely finished. There was a light knock on the door and I went to answer it, leaving the two men in my half finished living room.

The door revealed a pink cheeked Tom, his blue eyes icy from the cold. He grinned and held up a small metal toolbox. I moved aside, letting him in and shut the door quickly.

“I got my dad to help me find some stuff. I wasn’t realleh sure what we’d be needin’,” he explained. I nodded. “That’s good,” I said, feeling genuinely awkward for a moment. I shrugged it off and instructed the boys on what we were doing with the newfound tools.

Tom and I finished hanging picture frames long before the other two bumbling idiots finished constructing my new TV stand so we just sat on the couch watching them labor. They argued quietly over the instruction booklet.

“So what exactly are yeh doin’ here Liv? If yeh don’t mind me askin’,” Tom asked casually. I shrugged. “I guess I just wanted a change of scenery. I’m originally from a small town in New York, since that question was next, and yes,” I added, knowing the look on his face, “England is my idea of a change of scenery.”

He looked confused but chuckled anyway. I wiped my bangs out of my eyes and watched the struggling males in front of me. “I didn’t really like my parents, or that town, or anything really. It was just, so, gross,” I justified, mostly to myself. Tom nodded as if he knew the feeling. Maybe he did. Finally tired of watching them struggle I stood.

“Get the fuck out of the way, let me show you how work gets done,” I scolded. I scanned over the instructions quickly and set to work. Within ten minutes, I was completely finished. They stood there with their mouths wide open. “Keep your mouths like that and a fly might buzz in,” I said, smirking.

We got the other various rooms furniture in place in little over an hour and a half. I was confident in my abilities to finish the rooms soon enough myself. I walked the three guys to my front door, still reveling in the thought that the front door was mine.

“Thanks a lot you guys. I would have been so far behind if it wasn’t for you,” I said sincerely, hugging each of them. This in itself was a surreal happening. Two rockstars plus an adorable little brother helping me set up my house was definitely not in the norm. They chuckled.

“Oi, Liv, I was wonderin’ if yeh’d like to come to dinner with me and Tom and I think,” he turned to his brother, “Is Matty comin’ or what?” he turned back to me, “And possibly Matty if his arse ever replies.”

I stood still for a moment and smiled. “That sounds great actually,” I replied, placing a hand on my hip. He grinned, as did Tom. “Good. We’ll get ya ‘round, I dunno, five-thirty?” I nodded in confirmation and shooed them out the door.

As soon as it shut, I flew up to my room to get changed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm feelin' like I need some best friends. I'm crazy, and really funny, and crazy. Anyone up for the job?

So, the story is really starting to begin now. I'm writing just as fast as I can and I am full of inspiration.
You should comment and subscribe! And be my best friend!