Status: This takes the place of anything after 6.3 (The Maggots in the Meathead). Everything before that happened.

Actress to Anthropologist

It Doesn't Take That Long To Get To The Jeffersonian

I was doing my hair. Carefully and cautiously. I wanted to impress my role model. Seeley told me it was stupid, trying to impress her with my looks. That I'd easily impress her with my work. According to Seeley she doesn't judge on looks. I told him he didn't understand people. He said I didn't understand her. I've done my homework on her; I know almost everything. Even Seeley's told me some stuff about her.

"Come on Allison!" He paused for a moment and I heard him get closer. "You won't impress her by being late."
"It doesn't take that long to get to the Jeffersonian," I argued.
"No, but I can't be late either."
"The more you talk the longer it takes."

Seeley was quiet for only a few seconds. I imagined he looked at his watch.

"Come on Allison!"

I pushed the bathroom door open and hit Seeley in the face. I started laughing and Seeley gave me a look.

"Get in the car Allison," he ordered.

I got my stuff and did as I was told. When we got to the Jeffersonian Seeley dropped me off the left for his office. I walked in and got to my floor and saw the cutest guy I'd ever seen. I wasn't sure if he would know where Dr. Brennan was, but talking to him would be worth him not knowing.

"Excuse me?" I asked.
"Yes?"
"I'm Allison Mathews and I'm looking for Dr. Brennan."
"Lance Sweets. Let me show you to Dr. Brennan's office."

Just then Seeley walked by and, yes, I took a double take. Seeley doesn't work wit the Jeffersonian.

"Agent Seeley Booth," he said. "Dr. Brennan's partner."
"I think that's the first time I've heard you call her Dr. Brennan."
"Not now Sweets."
"Can you just show me where I can find Dr. Brennan?"
"Yes, and I apologize for any annoying comments Sweets made."

I smiled and felt my cheeks heat up. Seeley lead me away from where we were. Then I saw her. My Idol. My role model. And arguably the world's best anthropologist.

"Uh, Bones this is..."
"Dr. Allison Mathews. Your new intern."

I shook Dr. Brennan's hand. Even though, one the outside I was completely calm and collected and was freaking out on the inside.

"It's nice to meet you," Dr. Brennan said.
"Bones, we gotta go," Seeley told her.
"Sorry. Hopefully we will be able to talk more after the case."

With that Seeley and Dr. Brennan left. Lance approached me.

"Booth isn't very nice, is he?" I asked Lance, though I knew the answer.
"Not really. Would it be okay if I showed you around?"
"I think it'd be great," I responded smiling.

We walked up onto this almost-platform-thing. There was a man on there looking at something through a microscope.

"This is Dr. Jack Hodgins."
"Sweets go away," Dr. Hodgins demanded.

I'm starting to get the feel they really don't care for him.

"Hi Dr. Hodgins. I'm Dr. Allison Mathews."

Dr. Hodgins spun around to face Lance and me.

"Oh. I apologize for my rudeness and I'm sorry for you," Dr. Hodgins said.
"Sorry for me?" I asked.
"Yeah, you're stuck with Sweets showing you around."
"For your information I asked Lance to show me around."
"Okay then?"

Dr. Hodgins turned back to his work and Lace led me off the platform to a room with holographic projections and a young woman behind a computer. She must have heard our footsteps and faced us.

"Hey Sweets," she said.
"Angela, this Dr. Allison Mathews."
"I'm Dr. Brennan's new intern."

She came and shook my hand.

"Welcome."
"Your much more polite to Lance then Dr Hodgins or Agent Booth."
"Lance?" she asked. "I think you are the second person I've heard call him Lance."
"That's okay," he said. "I heard Booth call Brennan Dr. Brennan for the first time."

Angela smiled and almost laughed. A face projected as the form as a holograph.

"This place just keeps getting stranger," I said.
"It gets stranger," Angela said.
"Are you sure?"
"Have you talked to Brennan?"
"Briefly."
"Wait 'til you have a full-blown conversation with her. That's strange."