Status: writing!

Let The Games Begin.

007

I should have walked right out of the classroom when the teacher put us into groups. Just the fact that I had to be in a group with Chelsea made me sick. She was just a cold-hearted bitch, out to make me miserable.

I guess I can’t really blame her though. Like most people, she only saw me as a slut. People don’t really understand me though. I don’t want to be used by guys. I don’t want to earn dirty glares from every girl that I walk by. I don’t want to be labeled the slut of the school. But it’s just easier. It’s easier than being rejected. At least it makes me feel wanted.

But the only person I really wanted to be desired by is Alex. He was everything I wanted, and I will stop at nothing, until I have him. Of course, Chelsea feels the same way. I should have seen that coming. When Norah said we should make it a competition, I thought she was crazy at first. But when Chelsea agreed, I couldn’t resist.

There’s nothing I want more than to show Chelsea once and for all that she isn’t the queen of the school.

I drove my beat up pickup truck into the school parking and drove around for a few minutes trying to find the perfect spot. I parked and got out, grabbing my bag before walking towards the entrance. I tried to ignore the cat calls that greeted me, but I couldn’t help but allow the smirk to break out onto my face.

I lazily walked to my locker and shoveled my books inside, trying to be as quick as I could. I stood by my locker as I heard someone knock.

I looked around the door to my locker and smirked as I saw Alex standing there.

“Hey, Alex.”

I flipped some of my hair over my shoulder, smiling over at him. He smirked right back and ran his hand through his messy hair.

“Hi, Piper. What are you up to?”

What does it look like I’m up to?

“You know, getting ready to go to English. Same old bullshit.”

He laughed and nodded. His laugh was so cute, I could have ripped his clothes off right there…

My thoughts were interrupted as his hand waved in front of my face.

“Hello? Earth to Piper.”

I shook my head, coming back to reality.

“Oh, sorry. So…Alex. Any plans for tonight?”

He cracked a crooked smile that could have made me melt and then put his hand behind his neck before responding.

“You know, nothing too exciting…hanging out with Chelsea for a little.”

And speak of the devil, Chelsea appeared. She was walking down the hallway with her army of clones. Girls who were plastic. Just like her.

As she walked past Alex and I, she blew him a kiss. But not before her eyes glared into mine as if her stare would just kill me, right there.

Alex and I watched her walk until she was out of her sight. I stood there, shaking my head at Alex.

“What?”

I let out a soft chuckle and bit my lip, staring up into his soft, chocolate brown eyes.

“I just don’t get what you see in her. She’s such a bitch, Alex. You could do so much better.”

I whispered the last part, a piece of me praying that he had not heard it.

“I don’t know Piper. Something just draws me to her.”

He reached out his hand and placed his grip lightly under my chin, forcing me to look him in the eyes.

“Sort of like the something that draws me to you.”

He leaned in and I thought maybe, just maybe, he was going to kiss me. But he didn’t. I should have seen that coming. He just held his grasp, staring into my eyes until he suddenly pulled away. He turned and started to back away into the opposite direction.

Shooting me a smile, he nodded his head and spoke up.

“I’ll catch you later, Piper.”

Unable to speak I made broken mumbled speech and twitched my head, somehow indicating a goodbye. My eyes stayed glued to his blurring figure until I could no longer spot him.

In a huff I turned back around to my locker, angrily shoving the books inside. I stood there quietly whispering profanities to myself until I heard yet another knock on my locker. I rolled my eyes and moved to see who it was, shocked that there stood Claire, Olivia, and Norah.

I let the anger flood out of me and waited as Norah quietly spoke up.

“We thought you might want to walk to English together.”

If you had told about a month ago that I would consider any of these girls anywhere close to being my friends, I would have told you to lay off the crack. But now, I believed it. In a school where I was trailed after by guys and looked down upon by girls, they were the closest to friends that I’ve ever had.

I shut my locker and nodded, not saying a word. The four of us walked silently, yet peacefully, through the halls to English. We stopped outside the door watching as Chelsea sneered at us before walking in. I held out my arms, holding them back.

“Listen. This “competition” thing that we’re having? Right now? It’s a war.”

I spoke directly to Olivia and Claire. I knew that they too had fallen for the Gaskarth charm and were willing to fight for his affections, but I didn’t want to be bitter to them like I am to Chelsea. Honestly? They didn’t deserve that piece of me.

They nodded in agreement and waited for me to go on.

“First one out? Chelsea. And we’ll need to work together to do it.”

They once again nodded and smiled, Norah too, joining in on the fun.

We reached our hands into a circle and threw them up into the air, much like a football team would before a big game.

But that’s what this was, wasn’t it?

A big game.

And I’m looking forward to playing.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY IT'S TAKEN SO LONG!
I've been super busy. (Holidays, sickness, & work.)
I hope you guys like it!

comments? (: