Status: Complete. (10.10.10 - 9.1.11)

To Write Love on His Arms

Fifteen-

It was painful seeing Atticus crying, but even more painful when he pulled away. Part of my just crumbled, already remembering it was something people had done all my life, but part of me understood. I knelt before him as his body turned to face the wall. I heard the door bell ring and I stood up, knowing who it would possible be. His parents.

I unwillingly moved away from the broken boy and made my way out the room and down the hall. I opened the door and was greeted with Dr. Chester Chase and a short women and a man that towered over me. Mr. and Mrs. Pence.

I smiled at them and opened the door wider for them. "Good evening June, these two are Atticus' parents." Dr. Chase said as walked into my home. I nodded at him.

"Where's my baby boy?" Mrs. Pence asked as she took a step down the hallway. "He's not really feeling well at the moment." I said. Mrs. Pence frowned. I looked over at Mr. Pence and realized he was carrying a shopping bag with what I think was.... chocolate ice cream? Mr. Pence nodded his head.

"I told you he'd be a mess Georgia, go cheer him up. Chester, can you show me to the kitchen, can't have this ice cream melt anymore, can we?" Mr. Pence said as he took a step towards the living room and headed to the kitchen. Dr. Chase followed him as Mrs. Pence looked at me with a worried expression.

My face mirrored hers as I spoke to her, "I hope you can calm him down." She frowned even more and I turned and led her down the hall way, then cautiously opened the door to Atticus' room.

Mrs. Pence gasped, "Atty?" Atticus paused mid sob and looked up at her. I felt a pang in my chest when I saw his red puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. I didn't like seeing him like this at all.

"M-momma?" He choked out. I felt my heart skip a beat at the sound of his voice. It was covered in sadness but it was still gorgeous. Small, timid and not too high or too deep. Just perfect.

I just stood against the wall as Mrs. Pence rushed over to her child and took him into her arms. "Oh my boy, my boy. My sweet little boy." She cried as she ran her fingers through his hair. Atticus sobbed and clutched onto his mother's similar frame. "Momma-" He cried.

"Momma, It was so horrible- he was s-s-so horrible. A-and he-he he l-lied and I j-just. I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I didn't listen to you and I rebelled against you. I'm sorry!" Atticus shook his head and his mom kissed his forehead. "Sweetie it's okay, it's fine don't worry, okay?" She said as she guided him up from the floor.

Atticus kept and arm wrapped around his mother and I realized they were both the same height. "You're pretty short though." I stated and he just shrugged his shoulders. "Run in the family?" I assumed and he once again nodded his head but this time slowly. The short gene ran in his moms side of the family.

Mrs. Pence starting walking Atticus out of the room and down the hallway, into the living room. I followed behind them, hearing Atticus' hiccups and sobs. His mom guided him to the couch and sat down, pulling him into her lap. Atticus rubbed at his eyes furiously a with one hand while the other hugged her.

I sighed softly and sat on the armchair next to the couch. I watched as the the mother cooed into her sons ear. I saw Atticus calm slightly but when his mother ran her hands soothingly up and downs his back a couple of times, he was completely silent.

Mrs. Pence grinned and looked over at me, "If he's ever like this again, this always calms him down. It never fails."

Never?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting:
Mhmmalli
BisexualAngel
house-of-night-4ever
Nytestalker
Pjhazard
nightrunner96
Unexpected.

107 fucking subscribers. I've let like I've been dreaming lately, especially with the subscribers. Life's good. :] I think im too negative most of the time, I needa change that. For the love of boredom, Comment about the story and even include one thing you want to change about yourself.

And to the rest of you that haven't,
subscribe