Status: Hiatus

I Feel Our Memories Fade With Time.

Still Misunderstanding?



*~Tyler’s POV~*
My dad just explained everything to me. I looked at the piece of paper in my hand. The note. I unfolded it and started to read it.

Famous Last Words from Lisa.

You say you’re there for me, but I couldn’t take it. It hurt so bad. It drove me insane. I didn’t like who I was. No one knew who I was. I barely knew who I was. When I was thirteen, Frank, you left me. That’s when it all went to hell. That’s when I lost all hope of a happy normal life. I was incomplete without you. I just wanted you to be my brother. Life isn’t a joke. You should have taken it more seriously. You abandoned me when I needed you the most. Then when we reunited, which had to be fate, I thought it would all go back to normal. It was almost there until Mom and Dad came back. Then you started again. You raped me a month ago. I hope you get what you deserve. I will never forgive you for what you did. I don’t love you like I did yesterday, the days when you were just my brother and not my lover.

Mikey, please, take good care of Tyler. I am so sorry I had to do this. I love you both very much. I will always watch over you. I’ll be in heaven waiting for you. Mikey, you’ve made my life complete, I just couldn’t live it anymore. The four or so years you’ve been with me were all I could’ve wished for. I wish I could tell you how to explain this to Tyler, but I can’t. Don’t spend the rest of your life missing me. Don’t be afraid to keep on living. Don’t be afraid to walk this world alone.

Bob, the five years I spent with you and your family were great too. You opened me up. If it weren’t for you, none of you would know what happened to me. You got me out of the shell that I was in. You showed me how to trust. I wish you and Colleen the best in the future, and may your kids-if you choose to have any- grow up to be just as great. Thank you for being there when I needed a brother.

To everybody else. I may not have know you as long as Bob, or even Frank, but you guys were the best friends I could ever have. So, this is hard for me to be doing this right now. You’d wonder why I’m doing this. Well, I’m sure you all know. I tried to bear with it, but it wasn’t working. This isn’t the way I wanted to go, trust me.

I will end with this, as the hour of death comes upon me. May God watch over all of you. I’d encourage your smiles, and I’ll expect you won’t cry. It just ain’t living, and I just hope you know, that if you say goodbye to me: I’d ask you to be true. Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you.
~Lisa.


I folded it up and set it on the bed next to me. Wow. I sniffled, and then I realized I was crying a little. I remembered the one record that my dad and his band did. 'The Black Parade.' A lot of those songs had lines from the note in them. I was a little shocked, but I understood completely. I picked up the paper and walked back to dad’s room.

“I read it,” I said, handing it to him.

“You don’t misunderstand anything do you?”

“No. I get it all, why she killed herself and such.”

“You don’t hate Uncle Frank though, do you?”

“You told me not to. But what about you?”

“I was mad at him at first, but he’s my best friend. We’ve been friends since we were teenagers. I can’t be mad at him forever, and break a good friendship because of it.”

“I see.”

I was watching him put the note back in his little safe. I looked over his arm and saw the box with a ring.

“What’s that?”

“Your mom’s wedding ring. I didn’t let her get buried with it on, because I didn’t want a grave robber or someone to dig her up and steal it. That ring is worth almost as much as our house.”

“Really? Wow.” I stared at the white gold band. It had one diamond in the middle that was pink, two white diamonds around it, and three really tiny ones on each side.

“I went all out. She had that one, and just a plain white gold band. She said she didn’t want a huge diamond ring, but I couldn’t resist, I thought this one was perfect for her. She loved it, but she didn’t want to wear it a lot.”

“Wow. It’s so…wow.”

Dad sighed. “I want to ask you something, but I dunno if you’re old enough to be thinking about this.”

“What?”

“When you get married, how would you feel having the future Mrs. Tyler James Way wearing your mother’s ring?”

“You mean if I get married, she can wear mom’s ring?”

“Yes. I've been thinking about it for a while now. Just as long as you promise not to lose it.

“Dad? I would never. I understand now how much this means to you.”

“Good. How about we catch a movie?”

“Sure.”

He locked up his safe and we headed out to the movies.


i didn't really like this chapter....I'm making Tyler sound too old....he's only supposed to be 12 hah