Status: Hiatus

I Feel Our Memories Fade With Time.

Graduation Party, & Gifts.

There’s something in the feeling that you’re graduating high school that gets you high. You’ve completed a major part of your life, and are moving onto something much greater. The real world. Before the ceremony, I wanted to go to the cemetery. I was there for a few minutes only.

“It’s weird, I never thought I would be graduating high school. Next year I’m going to a college in LA though, so I won’t be here to visit as often. I’m going to study theater and stuff. My friends say I should become an actor, so maybe it’ll work out. I’m gonna miss coming here and visiting you, but I know you’re watching over me. I feel like you’re guiding me on the right path. I feel strongly about this acting thing, and I hope it works out. But for now, I must graduate high school. I love you, mom.”

The ceremony was a tediously stretched out borefest. Names being called, one after another. Boring. I had to wait, for a long time, considering I was a ‘W’ and somewhere within the last fifty of the class. When it was all said and done, we briefly celebrated at the school, then went to my house to party, and have another sleepover. Throughout school, I never had a lot of friends, but having three best friends, one of them being an amazing girlfriend, I couldn’t ask for better. I didn’t care that they were basically my only friends. Best friends are better, cause you can talk about anything random.

“So, we’re not in school, we should so totally TP the principal’s house,” Kyle said.

“Why?” I asked, arching an eyebrow at Kyle.

“Cause it’ll be fun, and we can’t get suspended from school.”

“But we can get arrested,” Katie said. “And that’s not healthy.”

“Or, or, or, we can cover his house in condoms!” Steph shouted. “Condom wrappers, and condoms all over his lawn, bushes, and trees.”

“Tyler? You have one weird girlfriend,” Kyle said.

“Yes I do,” I said, hugging her. “And weird is just too awesome.”

“Steph said, ‘condom’s on trees,’” Katie said, giggling.

I laughed at the thought. “I have got some awesomely weird friends.”

Then again, I get a share of it from the adults too. Uncle Frank and Uncle Gerard were at our house hanging out, and they were all talking. I went downstairs to get something to drink when I heard something that pretty much disturbed me.

“Mikey, doesn’t it bother you for one second that you don’t have a woman in your life?”

“Nah. It doesn’t.”

“What about when you get, you know, happy?”

“Dude, that’s what masturbation is for.”

“Gerard, gross!”

“Or those people that dig up dead bodies to satisfy their urges.”

“Frank! Don’t even go there.”

“What? Did it sound like I was implying that you would dig up-”

“Frank, if you want to keep your man-parts, I suggest you shut up right now.”

“Thank you, Gerard.”

“That’s what a brother is for.”

“Sorry.”

“No big deal, Frank. Just ease up. Sure I’m over it, but still, that’s pushing it too far.”

“Sorry.”

I shuddered and went upstairs, feeling my mind scarred for life. Once back in the discussion with my friends, it slipped my mind. We had started to play video games against each other, and eating junk food. What a life, right? It was about two A.M when we passed out.

In the morning, we managed to wake up at the same time, and we headed downstairs. No one else was home, so we raided the kitchen and managed to make breakfast. When my dad got home, he seemed hyper.

“So, Tyler, I’ve got a better graduation present for you,” he said.

“What?” I asked, sitting at the table across from him.

Kyle and Katie were still cooking, and Steph came and leaned against my chair. I looked at my dad as he dug through a folder.

“Since you’re going to be heading off to college this fall, in LA, I decided, since I’ve got the money, I’m getting a condo for you, and I’ll be paying for everything.”

I swear my jaw hit the table. For one reason that I had totally managed to forget that I needed to find somewhere to live, and for the second reason that my dad was paying for everything. I had to think though, because it’s across the country, and I still didn’t know if Steph wanted to come. Then it dawned on me that I hadn’t even asked her. I mentally kicked myself.

“Wow, dad, that’s just…amazing. And as I’m mentally kicking myself for not asking sooner. Steph? Will you move out there with me?”

“You weren’t gonna ask me!?” she shouted, smacking me lightly.

“Of course I was. Cause we’d miss each other living three thousand miles apart.”

“Yes I will, since you basically are getting a place handed to you. This is going to be awesome.”

“Yeah, just don’t get into the LA attitude of partying all night long,” dad said.

“Dad, I’m pretty sure you have nothing to worry about. I’m going to study theater, and Steph is going to study to be a teacher. Sure there will be some parties, but we’re not going to go insane.”

“Who said I won’t?” Steph asked, obviously being in a joking mood.

“Me,” I said, poking her side.

“Fine, don’t let me have any fun,” she said, pretending to be emotional.

“Okay then. I’ll let you kids hang out. I have some other things to do.”

“Thanks, Dad,” I said as he left.

“So, you and Steph are moving to LA? What about us? Are we not special enough?” Kyle asked.

“Of course you are. I don’t know how big the place is though,” I said, feeling guilty that two of my best friends would be staying behind-as far as I knew.

“Ha, don’t worry about it, we’re planning on heading out there too for school. Nobody will split up this foursome.”

“Sweet,” I said, high fiving Kyle.

“Foursome?” Steph asked, poking her head up over the breakfast bar.

“Yes, foursome,” Katie said. “You’re so perverted.”

“Damn straight. Condom!!”

The four of us shared a minute, or ten of laughter, then we settled down to eat breakfast. I sat, wondering about what life was going to bring in the future. It sounded pretty damn awesome if I would say so myself.