Status: Complete

Found a Place for Me to Rest My Head

Not That I Could

I fucking hate Zachary Baker.

Sighing I look down at my feet, smoking my last cigarette. I'm going to try to quit. It's costing me way too fuckin' much. I still have payments on my house, a shit ton of bills, and I have to buy stuff for parties. It's becoming a norm for the guys to crash at my place every.single.weekend.

I look up and see Brian walking back from the gas station with some beer. "You look sad," he tells me. He leans against the tour bus next to me and opens a beer then hands it to me. "Cheer up."

"I'm fine." I laugh and stomp out my cigarette.

"You and Jason are dating aren't you?" Brian smirks at me.

I shrug my shoulders. "Yeah," I say with a smile.

I have to admit, I am happy being with Jason. Although I don't like being in relationships because I often get screwed over, being with him is different. He's really nice to me and doesn't overload me with anything. He gives me space and I love that.

"Zacky seems to mind," he says and lights up a cigarette.

"Well Zacky can shove it up his ass." I roll my eyes and climb into the bus.

Zacky is a very sour subject for me right now. If it is possible, he is being more a jerk to me now that I'm with Jason. He's constantly hounding me about every single thing I do. I can be sitting there and he will just start yelling.

I hate him even more, now.

"Ready?" Jason asks me with a smile as I slip on my jacket.

"Yep." I smile. He takes my hand in his and I hear a snicker from behind. I turn around and see Zacky walking to the back room. He slams the door like a little baby. Rolling my eyes I walk off the bus with Jason and we head out to dinner.

Jason gets a phone call from Dan and goes outside to take it. While he's gone I twiddle my thumbs looking around at the couples at the restaurant. I fix my long brown hair and check my appearance in a mirror, order another drink, and spot someone who makes my blood boil.

I slam my napkin down on the table and walk over to him. "What are you doing here?" I sit across from him in his booth.

"May I ask you the same thing?" Zacky raises an eyebrow.

"You knew Jason and I were coming here! Why would you try to ruin it?!" I ask trying to keep my temper.

"Don't flatter yourself. I didn't come here for you. I came here for someone else."

I roll my eyes not believing him one bit. "Oh really? Well if she were here then-"

"There you are," he says with a smile to someone behind me. I turn around and see a beautiful girl with long blond hair and piercing blue eyes. She smiles at Zacky then looks at me. "This is Audrey," he tells her. "She's a groupie slash roadie."

His words hit me hard. Groupie? Really? I fucking hate you, you dick.

I put on a fake smile and shake her hand. "I was just saying hi. Enjoy your dinner." I smile at her. As she takes a seat at the table I glare at Zacky and he does the same.

By the time I reach the table Jason walks back in. "Sorry about that." He sighs. "He's such an idiot, seriously. He has no idea how to pack anything up."

I just laugh and glance back at the table. "It's fine." I put my hand over his and smile at him sweetly. "So do you know what you want to get?"

Jason blushes a little then looks down at the menu, taking my hand in his. "Maybe the pasta? It sounds good. What about you?"

"Um, probably the veggie burger." I laugh. "Everything else is meat." I grimace.

"That's right." He blushes. "I'm sorry. I didn't think about it."

"No problem." I smile. "I like it here. And I like being with you, so it's okay."

As Jason and I talk I can't help but look past him at Zacky's table. He's obviously trying to make it seem like he is really into her and they are having a great time. He keeps looking over at me with a smirk and looking back at the girl.

Two can play this game.

So I decide to step it up. Jason and I hold hands, scoot closer, and I don't look at Zacky. However, after we get our check I can't help but glance over at them. I spot Zacky sucking faces with her.

My blood boils. My heart races. And I feel my nails dig into my skin as I curl them into a fist.

"Are you okay?" Jason asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I laugh a little.

He looks around at the restaurant and notices Zacky. He glances at me then looks back at him. "Really?" He asks dropping my hand.

"What?" I ask confused.

"That was all just to make him jealous?" His voice gets louder.

"Jason, don't be silly. Come on lets go." I take his hand not wanting to cause a scene.

He shakes his head and pulls his hand away. "I thought you actually liked me. I actually thought you meant what you said."

"I did!" I look at him bewildered.

"Bull. That was all to make Zacky jealous. I'm not stupid. I know you and Zacky love each other. I thought it was just a joke and I thought you liked me. Whatever. What a lie." He walks out of the restaurant.

My eyes sting with tears and I look around. Everyone is sitting around staring at me. I take a deep breath and turn to look at Zacky. When I see him I feel my heart drop to the floor. It feels like someone is just ripping it out of my chest while I watch them stomp all over it.

What is this feeling?

I run out of the restaurant crying.

I fucking love Zachary Baker.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, please? (: I love it when you do!