Status: Complete

New Moon's Love

Chpater 7

I ran. I ran until I couldn't feel my feet. I ran even though it was pouring rain. I knew Jake would follow me and probably Paul would too, but I just kept running. I ran in the woods a few feet from the highway so if anyone followed me in a car, they couldn't see me, but I could see them. I ran until I saw the ledge where the guys cliff dive all the time. It wasn't until I crossed the highway and made it to the cliff that I stopped running. I stood at the edge of the cliff and thought about the time Bella had jumped into the water and Jake dove in after her. Then something hit me.

“Well if that's what its going to take, then I'll just have to do it.” I mumbled to myself. I stepped to the edge of the cliff and waited until Jake came and found me.

And it didn't take long for him to.

“Maddie.” Jake said, becoming worried.

I turned to face him. “Jacob.” I said, mocking him.

“Maddie, don't do it. Don't you dare jump.” Jake said, sounding like a father.

“Why? Why shouldn't I? Give me one good reason not to jump off this cliff right now!”

“Because its dangerous, you can't swim very well and your already freezing. The water down there is extremely cold and you could get sick. So just come to me and I'll take you home and you can get warm.” It was so tempting to just run up to him and jump in his arms, but I knew that wouldn't solve anything. He would just go back to see Bella soon.

I took on step towards him, but turned and jumped off the cliff.

I had never felt anything like it before. The rush of the wind, the feeling of free falling. It was great until I hit the freezing Pacific Ocean.

It was freezing cold and I could feel my body immediately stiffen due to my already freezing state. I struggled to get to the surface, but failed miserably. I thought I was going to drown until I felt a warm arm wrap around my waist and pull me up.

Jake and I surfaced, me gasping for air, shaking like a cold dog, and my teeth chattering.

Jake threw me on his back and started swimming towards the beach. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist and rested my head on his back. Even though his body was warm, I was still freezing cold and I couldn't warm up. We finally reached the beach after what seemed like forever. Jake layed me down on the sand and he layed next to me.

Jake suddenly jumped to his feet. I sat up in the sand.

“Why'd you jump? I told you not to and look what happened. Your probably sick already.”

I jumped to my feet. “You wanna know why I jumped? Because it was the only way to show you how much your hurting me Jake! Every time you leave its like a stab to the heart. You're never there for when I need you the most. And the times I need you the most your with Bella. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even worth anything to you. Why don't you just leave me here and I'll find my way home.” Tears began to fall, but were barely noticeable because of the rain. “Maybe I'll die from hypothermia walking back or someone will pick me up along the highway and take me far away from here. I bet you wouldn't even miss me.”

“I--” Jake started but I cut him off.

“Just don't bother.” I said walking up to him. “Just leave me alone.” I said before walking to the trail.

“Wait.” Jake said, grabbing my arm. I had to admit it felt good against my cold skin. He turned me to face him. “Don't leave with out me. I do love you and I do care about you, but, I care about Bella too. She's one of my best friends and I promise you that I can spend more time with you now.” Jake said with tears in his eyes.

“W-what do you mean?” I asked now completely confused.

“Bella chose to go find her blood sucker. She's probably already forgotten us by now.” Jake said with tears threatening to spill over.

“You-you loved her, didn't you. You wanted her to choose you over the blood suckers, didn't you.” I said, new tears running down my cheeks.

“Yes I did. And I did love her. But, not like I love you. I loved her like the sister that I've never really had.” Jake said, his face inches from mine. “I loved her like a sister because I knew I could never do this to her.” Jake said before pressing his lips to mine.

Warmth ran through me when his lips touched mine. I no longer felt the cold or the heartbreak I had felt over the last few days. It felt right when he wrapped his arms around my waist and mine went around his neck. I hardly noticed the rain beating down on us. His tongue traced my bottom lip. I opened my mouth letting him in. Our tongues battled each other until the cold began to come back to me and I needed to breathe. I reluctantly pulled away. Jake pressed his forehead to mine.

“Jake?” I asked.

“Yeah?”

“Was that weird?”

“What?”

“Was it weird making out with a little girl?” I asked.

He looked me in the eyes. “As long as its you, nothing could be weird.”

I just laughed. “Oh and Jake?”

“Yeah?”

“I'm freezing.”

He picked me up bridal style. “Well I'll just have to do something about that, wont I.”

He walked me back to his house.

When we got there, the house was empty. He took me straight to his room. He took of his wet shirt and I took off mine. He looked around in his dresser until he found a shirt and a pair of boxers for me. I went into the bathroom to change.

When I went back into his room, he was already changed into a new pair of shorts.

“Hey beautiful.” he said to me while wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my forehead.

“I'm sill freezing.” I said into his chest.

He took my hand and led me over to his bed. I layed down and he layed next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I snuggled into his chest.

After about an hour of just laying there, I still wasn't warm.

“Your still cold.” Jake said, rubbing may arms. “I never knew someone could get so cold.”

“Jake?”

“Yeah?”

“They say the best way to share body heat is with no clothes on.”

“Way ahead of you on that one.” He said as his hands ran under my shirt, lifting it over my head.

“Jake, is this weird for you?”

“As long as it gets you warm, not at all.” He said while slipping off the boxers I was wearing. He took off his shorts so we were in just underwear.

Jake reached around my back to undo my bra, but I stopped him. “Jake, are you sure you want to do this?”

“Yes, I'm sure. Don't worry, I won't judge you on anything.”

“Oh and Jake, one more thing. Try to keep this out of your thoughts when your in wolf form with the guys because my brother would kill us both if he knew about this.”

“I'll try my best.” He said before giving my neck a small kiss. I shivered.

He took off my bra and panties and his boxers. He pulled me to him and pulled the blanket up around us.

“I love you Maddie.” He said, then kissed my forehead.

“I love you, Jake.” I mumbled before falling asleep.