Sequel: Haunted
Status: Re-posted and Completed. :)

Untouchable

Twelve

Selena and Kellan walked side by side along the beach in silence. Selena was feeling like such a horrible person for saying that comment to Taylor. She knew that he was confused as to why she was always mean to him and she also knew that she probably hurt Emma for being mean to her boyfriend. Selena sighed and ran a hand through her hair. Kellan walked beside her knowing that she had something on her mind.

“What are you thinking about?” Kellan asked, breaking the silence.

“Nothing.” Selena lied. She started kicking her feet along the sidewalk as she walked. She made it pretty obvious that she was lying.

“Why are you always mean to Taylor?”

Selena sighed, “Kellan, please don’t give me a speech. I already feel like a horrible person right now and I really don’t need this right now.”

“I’m sorry.” He apologized.

“You don’t have to apologize, Kel.” Kellan smiled at how she gave him a nickname. It got silent again as they continued walking. Selena heard the waves crashing against the shore and all she could smell was salt.

“I should’ve been a guy.” Selena muttered randomly. Kellan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“What do you mean you should’ve been a guy? Are you sure you’re a girl?” Kellan joked, with a smile on his face. Selena whacked him playfully on the arm and gave a small laugh.

“I am so not a guy! Just because I said I should’ve been a guy, doesn’t make me a guy.” She said, defensively.

“I was only kidding, Sel.” He said through his laughs.

Selena rolled her eyes playfully, “Sure, sure.” They were now walking on the beach and Selena took off her shoes and let her feet get buried in the sand.

Kellan smirked, “Quoting Taylor’s lines are we now?”

“Oh, shut up!” Selena pushed him playfully and he only moved like an inch. He laughed and bumped his hip against Selena’s and caused her to move a little farther away. Selena laughed and told him to stop.

“I only did it to make you smile.” He grinned. Selena shook her head and looked at the waves.

“You look at the water a lot. Do you like being in the water or something?” Kellan asked. Selena looked at him and shook her head.

“Umm, no. I’m actually afraid of the water.” She told him.

“Why?”

Selena laughed, “Don’t laugh, okay? Everyone else laughs when I tell them, so if you laugh I’m gonna punch you.”

Kellan rolled his eyes, “Just tell me.”

“Well, I’m scared because of the waves. They just take you anywhere. I’m afraid I’m going to drown.” She said.

“How is that funny?” Kellan asked confused.

“I didn’t finish. I’m also afraid that I’m going to get eaten by a shark.” She muttered that last part and she waited for Kellan to start laughing. She knew that he was going to, but then he didn’t.

“Why aren’t you laughing?” She asked.

All he did was smile at her, “I mean if someone else said that, I’d probably be dying of laughter right now, but since it’s you, it’s not that funny.”

She squinted mischievously at him. “Not that funny?”

He grinned like a little boy and started stepping closer to Selena. He looked from Selena to the water and Selena automatically knew what he had planned.

“Don’t you dare!” Selena threatened, while pointing a finger at him.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He walked over to her and tried grabbing her, but Selena moved away and started running away from him.

“Kellan, I swear, I’m going to punch you if you throw me into that water!” Selena kept running away, but Kellan kept a close distance behind her. She heard him laughing and soon enough she felt his strong grip around her waist and she was being lifted up in his arms. As he was still laughing, he brought her closer and closer to the water.

“Oh my gosh, Kellan! Put me down!” She shrieked, while squirming around in his grasp and kicking her legs.

“I don’t think so. You’re going to face your fear with me. By the way, you better close your eyes at this point.” He warned. Before Selena could respond, she felt the cold water wash over her and she closed her eyes. She couldn’t feel Kellan’s grasp anymore and she soon reached the surface. She opened her eyes and pushed her wet hair out of her face. She saw that they had gotten pretty far into the water. Kellan was floating in front of her and she glared at him.

“I so hate you right now.” She said, floating in the water. Kellan swam a little closer to her.

“No, you don’t. Look, you’re not even freaking out.” He pointed out.

“Actually, I’m freaking out in the inside. Dude, a shark can come any minute and eat us! They’re hungrier at night than in the daytime!”

Kellan just shook his head and started swimming to shore. Selena followed behind him. “Hey, you can’t just leave me here!”

They both made it to shore and Selena felt heavy. She took off the cardigan that she wore and dropped it on the ground.

“I wouldn’t let anything hurt you, Selena.” Kellan said looking at her. Selena’s heart skipped a beat and her stomach got this tingly feeling. She only nodded and rinsed her hair of water.

“You ruined my hair.” Selena pouted.

Kellan smiled, “You look fine. Just as beautiful as before I threw you into the water.”

Selena bit her lip and tried to hide her smile by a curtain of her hair. After she rinsed her hair, she responded, “You are such a cliché person.”

Kellan smirked, “Is me being cliché working?” He stepped closer to her and at first it took a moment to figure out what he was doing, but Selena took the hint.

“What do you mean working?” She asked. By now, Kellan was in front of her. He put a hand on her cheek and looked into her eyes. Selena looked back into his eyes and she really didn’t want him to do this. She wanted to run away, but her legs couldn’t move. She was scared because she didn’t want Kellan to end up getting hurt. She couldn’t do that to him. She also didn’t want to get hurt again. But at the same time, she felt a pull towards him and she knew that she was quickly giving in.

“You’re so beautiful, Selena, did you know that,” Kellan breathed. Selena felt his warm breath on her face. She put her hand over his.

“Kellan, don’t. Please. I don’t want you to get hurt.” Selena’s eyes started to water and fresh tears streamed down her cheek. Kellan wiped the tears away.

“You won’t hurt me, Selena. Why can’t you just give me a chance,” He asked, with a hurt expression on his face.

Selena tried to find the right words to say to him, but she had none. Kellan started leaning in to kiss her, and she didn’t try to avoid him. She felt his warm breath on her lips again. His lips almost came in contact with hers when Selena heard her cell phone ringing on the beach sand. She knew Kellan heard it too for he sighed in annoyance and moved his head.

Selena was agitated too and she bent down and grabbed her phone. She heard Kellan curse under his breath as she answered the phone in annoyance, “Hello?”

“I told you not to see him, Selena.” Selena froze at the sound of the voice. She looked at Kellan with fearful eyes. She turned around so that he couldn’t see her crying again.

“What do you want Steven?” She croaked. The tears were coming down even more and she saw Kellan making a look at her, but she just yanked herself away from him.

“I warned you not to see him. So now you’re going to pay for it.” He hung up the phone and Selena shrieked in frustration.

“Goddamnit, why can’t you just leave me the fuck alone?” She looked down at her phone and thought for a bit. She threw her phone out into the ocean and heard it splash into the water.

“Selena, look at me.”

She turned around and looked at him, “What?”

“What’s going on?” He asked, pulling her close to him. She couldn’t take it anymore. She yanked her hand out of his again, and started walking away.

“Selena! Stop running away from me!” Kellan shouted.

“Well you better start getting used to it because that’s pretty much what I do! That’s pretty much the only thing I do!” She shouted back and continued walking.

“Why can’t you just listen to me? You’re not alone, damnit!” Kellan started walking after her and Selena knew that he was angry and hurt. She stopped and turned around to look at him. If possible, she was crying even more than before.

“I told you that you were going to get hurt. I warned you. You better find someone else to like because this will probably be the last time you will ever see me. Goodbye, Kellan.”

Selena turned around and ignored looking back at his hurtful face. He called after her again and again but she just continued walking. As she walked, she cried more and more. Selena, at this point, just wanted her life to be over. And she was planning for that to happen soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by: Set Apart This Dream - Flyleaf