Sequel: Haunted
Status: Re-posted and Completed. :)

Untouchable

Six

A week had gone by, and Selena tried her best to stay away from Steven. She ignored his calls, his texts, and when he would come to her house, she would make her mother say she wasn’t there or she wasn’t feeling good. She was scared of Steven and she knew that she had to leave him. But she was scared of what would happen when she did break up with him.

Selena sat in her room, thinking hard. There were two things on her mind: Steven and Kellan. The only reason why Steven was on her mind was because she was scared and confused. She knew that she had to talk to him. She decided to go to his apartment and try to talk to him. If he was still the same, then she would just have to break it off. Selena took a deep breath.

That whole week she had been thinking about her encounter with Kellan. Even though she was hit in the face by a door and covered in blood, she still enjoyed that encounter. ‘He’s really hot.’ Selena thought. She thought about his smile and his pretty blue eyes. Selena caught herself blushing at the thought and quickly recollected herself. She decided she would go now to talk to Steven.

Twenty minutes later, Selena found herself standing outside Steven’s apartment door. She lifted her hand to knock on the door, but quickly hesitated. ‘What if he’s still the same?’ She thought. She touched her cheek where the bruise that he gave her used to be. She took another deep breath, knocked, and waited.

Selena heard shuffling on the other side and Steven soon opened the door. He leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed. He looked at Selena; Selena looked up at him with fear in her eyes.

“Hi.” She simply said.

“Hi.” He replied.

“Um, I’m sorry I’ve been avoiding you. You just, um, uh…” Selena couldn’t find the right words. She was too scared to say anything. Steven sighed and opened the door further to let her in. Selena hesitantly followed him to the living room. He sat down, while she stood awkwardly near the door.

“I’m sorry, Selena.” He said looking up at her with his brown eyes. Selena was shocked at first. But she relaxed a bit and her fear went down a little.

“I know that there’s more to it than me saying sorry, but I really am. I know that I hurt you and I can tell that you’re afraid of me.” Steven patted the seat next to him, and Selena sat down.

“Will you give me another chance?” He asked. Selena looked at him and thought for a bit. Should she really give him a chance? After he hit her twice? She was still hesitant towards him and even if his eyes were normal, she was still scared.

“I guess.” She answered. He smiled and gave her a side hug. Selena smiled a bit, and tried to hug back.

“So, uh, how have you been? Did you do anything?”

Selena scrunched her eyebrows at that question. He really just asked how she’d been. “Fine, I guess. Ashley invited Emma and me to go to the Twilight set, and I sort of met Taylor Lautner, and then I was hit with a door by Kellan Lutz.”

“Why the hell did he hit you with a door?” Steven asked, his voice getting angrier. Selena shifted in her seat.

“He didn’t mean to hit me. I was in the way when he opened the door to leave the bathroom. It’s not a big deal.” She looked down.

He sighed, “Why were you around other guys?”

“What do you mean 'why was I around guys'? Since when can’t I be with other guys?” Selena asked irritated.

“Since I said so. You can’t see Kellan Lutzo, or whatever. I forbid you.”

“First of all, it’s Lutz. Second of all, I can see anyone I please, so fuck off.” Selena got up and started walking away, but he grabbed her arm, and slammed her against the nearest wall. Selena screamed in pain. Her head started throbbing and her wrists were starting to burn because he was gripping them so hard.

“What did I tell you? You will not see him!” He yelled in her face. Selena wrestled around to break free, but it was no use. “I wasn’t even planning to see him, anyways! Now let go of me!” She kicked him in his area, and he finally let her go. He fell to the ground, and Selena started running away. Steven grabbed her leg and Selena fell to the floor with a thud. She screamed in pain again and started crawling away.

“You’re not going anywhere, Selena!” Before he could grab her again, Selena got up and started running to the door. “You will never hurt me again, Steven! We’re over, you bastard!” Selena slammed the door and ran from the apartment as fast as she could. Once she got outside, she didn't stop running. She continued until she could no longer see Steven’s apartment looming behind her.

Selena finally stopped running and started to speed walk. She hesitantly looked behind her shoulder to see if Steven was following her. She was scared, but at the same time, relieved that she broke up with him. But deep down, Selena had a feeling he wasn’t going to give up.

She walked on until she saw a nearby Starbucks. Selena let out a sigh of relief and entered the coffee shop. She quickly ordered her drink and waited. While she was waiting, she incessantly tapped her foot.

“I’m guessing you're in a rush or something.” A voice said behind Selena. Selena jumped in surprise and turned around to see Kellan. He smiled big at her. Selena clutched her chest. “Never do that again. Please." She looked at him for a second. "Wasn't your hair brown the last time I saw you? Now it's like...blonde."

He smiled. "Yes, my hair was brown. My character Emmett has brown hair. But my natural color is blonde."

"I prefer the blonde hair. Or maybe, the brown..." Selena drifted off into her own thoughts. 'Either way he looks hot.' She thought. She blushed and looked back at Kellan.

“Anyways...how are you? The last time we saw each other, I accidentally slammed you in the face with a door, and you were covered in blood. And I’m pretty sure you called me an angel.” He said, with a smile on his face. Selena looked down and shrugged, and rubbing her throbbing head. She twitched in pain at her own touch. She had hoped that Kellan hadn’t seen that.

“Are you okay?” He looked down at her wrists. “Why are your wrists purple? They look like someone was grasping them really tight.” Selena started to panic. She didn’t want him to start getting suspicious.

“I’m fine, Kellan. I just…yeah, I’m fine.” Selena said, unable to find a good excuse.

“Sure.” Selena’s order was ready and she quickly grabbed it. Selena couldn’t help but limp to the nearest table. Every part of her body was throbbing in pain now. Kellan sat down next to her, with worry in his eyes. Before Kellan could say anything, Selena completely changed the subject.

“Weren’t you in Stick It?” She asked. Kellan laughed and nodded. Selena clapped her hands together once it hit her.

“You were Frank! Poot’s heterosexual friend!” Selena started laughing, and Kellan laughed with her. “How is that funny?”

“I have no idea. My mind is so out of it right now. You also called Joanne a bitch. Best part ever!”

“Technically my character said that.” He pointed out.

She shrugged and took a sip of her drink. “Same difference.”

“I barely said anything in that movie.”

“Well, I liked it. It’s my favorite movie, and plus Haley and I are like twins.”

“How?”

“We both suffered through pain, I don’t know, the sarcasm. Pretty much everything. She’s strong and independent, and I guess I’m like that too.” She pulled her back hair from her face and took another sip. Kellan touched her hand and she flinched away. He pulled his hand away and apologized. Selena just nodded.

“Why did you come to the Twilight set last week?”

“Oh, Ashley invited Emma and me.”

“So that’s who Emma is. Taylor won’t shut up about her.” He laughed. Selena smiled at the thought of Emma and Taylor together. At least one of them could be happy.

“I really don’t know why I was there, to be honest. I, uh, didn’t stay there very long.” Kellan nodded.

“Are you a fan of the books? Did you read them?”

Selena nodded and finished her drink. “Yupp. I finished reading all four in about a week. I like them. But Harry Potter seems to rock my boat more.” She smiled. Her cell phone vibrated in her pocket and she took it out. It was a text message from Emma.

Where are you?

Selena looked back at Kellan. “I’m guessing you have to go again, huh?” He said. He looked hurt like last time. Selena felt guilty.

“I’m sorry.” Selena looked out the window for another second, and quickly hid under the table. She saw the back of Steven’s head, looking around for her. She knew that he was following her. 'Damn it.' Her fear came back and every part of her body seemed to throb again. The pain went away when she was talking with Kellan, but now it returned.

Kellan looked beyond confused. He looked at Steven and then at Selena. Steven walked away soon after.

“You can come out now. He’s gone.” He told her. Selena quickly got out from under the table and stood up. She was trembling with fear and her hair was in her face again.

“Who was that? Why do you look so scared?” He reached out for her, but she quickly moved away.

“He’s my boyfriend, well I mean, my ex. I really have to go. I’m so sorry.” She walked away from Kellan in a rush and exited the coffee shop. She looked over her shoulder and saw Kellan still looking at her. Selena looked forward and felt tears coming. She decided she was going to go to Emma’s house and stay there. She started running again until she stood at Emma’s front door, gasping for air.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by: When I Look At You - Miley Cyrus