Must Be Dreamin'

I Don’t Wanna Hurt Nobody

Today was my second day in New York. Yesterday I just bummed around all day and hung around in my hotel room and texted Josh all day. But I was in a better mood today since I had just arrived at the recording studio to guest sing on Weezers new album. I LOVE WEEZER! I’ve met them once before a few years back but I’ve always loved their music and was so excited to get to get this opportunity. And I’m guest singing. I never thought those words would come out of my mouth.

“Hey everyone,” I smiled brightly as I walked into the studio.

“Hey,” Rivers Cuomo, the lead singer greeted me. “Thanks for coming to do this with us.”

“Oh I’m excited. Thanks for having me,” I grinned. “I have to say, I’m a big fan of yours.”

“Well we’re fans of yours too and we were so excited when we heard you sing Get Back Up, that was an amazing song and you have a great voice,” He told me.

“Aw thanks,” I shyly smiled at him. “Well wanna get started?”

I sat down with Rivers and he handed me a piece of paper with the lyrics on them while telling me how it went. The rest of the band started playing and I started to really get into it. Rivers and I were jumping around singing our hearts out.

This is how the next week went. I had so much fun but I missed everyonemostly Josh. I missed the last two races of the Supercross season and I promised Josh I would be there. He kept telling me not to worry about it but it made me feel awful. I wanted to be there so bad but I simply just couldn’t.

“Kirstie will you stop it,” Josh chuckled as we were having our nightly web cam conversation. “The outdoor season starts up here in a couple of weeks, you can come to one then.”

“But I promised and I‘m sorry that I couldn‘t be there. I wanted to so bad,” I pouted. “To make up for it I’ll come to every outdoor race that I can possibly make it to.”

“Okay,” He smiled. “I’d like that.”

“I’d like that too,” I shyly smiled while tucking piece of hair behind my ear.

“How is recording going?” he asked me.

“Good, I’m having so much fun but we only have one more day of recording left. Then Danny and Kev are coming and we’re filming the music video,” I explained.

“Well I thought you were amazing judging from the video you sent me,” Josh stated with a big white smile.

“Thanks Josh. You always make me feel good about my voice,” I truthfully told him.

“Well that’s what friends are for,” he replied.

“I know but it’s still really sweet,” I countered. “If there’s anything I can ever do for you just tell me.”

“Just come to one of my races and we’ll call it even,” Josh told me with a cute look on his face.

“Uh Josh, Kylee keeps beeping in and she has been for the last hour,” I giggled.

“Really? We’ve been talking for an hour?” he asked as his eyebrows furrowedcutely in confusion.

“No, we’ve been talking for the last two hours,” I giggled again.

“Okay well fine,” He groaned with a laugh coming through. “I’ll let Kylee have a turn.”

We said our goodbyes before I switched to Kylee who balled me out for ’ignoring’ her for the last hour. But when I told her I was talking to Josh, not ignoring her, she got that stupid smirk on her face. I wanted to hit my head against the wall. She just kept teasing me about Josh and that we have a crush on each other but I kept telling her I didn’t and tried to convince her….Even though I couldn‘t convince myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to the Mulisha Maiden who always reads and comments on our stories! THANKS!!!!! You're awesome!

Kirstie