‹ Prequel: Trust Me
Status: New and active

Finding Gerard

Prologue

Third person point of view

Almost two years later

The man walked swiftly, the only sound coming from his ragged breaths, which rose into the air before him as clouds of mist.

He dug his hands deeper into his pockets, trying to shelter them from the bitter cold.

The light was fading fast, and he wanted the encounter over with as soon as possible, and definately before dark.

A car passed him with the radio blaring, the heavy beat wafting into his ears, making him long for his old life, where music was his life.

Forget it, theres no going back now said the voice in his head.

"You're right," he mumbled to himself as he continued to walk.

Nearing his destination, the substances pulsing through his brain driving him on. Addiction is a terrible thing, and it can make you do even worse things.

He could see him up ahead, his guy. Tall, looking even taller as his shadow stretched in the fading light. He pulled his beanie hat low to his eyes, and his scarf high, hiding his face.

There he is, you need it came the voice again.

Looking both ways quickly, he crossed the street to the man, who acknoledged him only by a slight nod, pulling a brown bag from the inside pocket of his coat.

The man buying paid in crumpled notes from his left jacket pocket.

The exchange was quick, nothing was said, the pair hardly even made eye contact.

Now get out said the voice, a sense of urgency.

The deafening wail of sirens pierced the night in the quiet town.

Both man quickly stole a glance at each other and ran, bolting in opposite directions.

Somebody must have tipped them off.

After running for a few blocks, heart pounding, he stopped and looked around. The sirens had faded into the darkness now, he got away with it this time.

Slowly and cautiously, the man made his way back to his grotty apartment, preparing to skip town the next day.

He swept his jet black straggly hair from his eyes and sighed, part of his befuddled mind wondering what he was doing at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here it is, the first chapter of the sequel. I wanted something up so that you subscribers had something to read to begin the story off. Thanks for subscribing already, I'd love to hear your comments on the ending of 'Trust Me' and what you think of the opener of this story.