Girls On Film

chapter 1

Avery rolled her eyes as the two tattooed men walked through the door. She was standing behind the counter in her uniform, hair net, and hat. Her name tag was right above the company logo on her shirt. She popped her gum as she began drumming her fingers on the counter top. She seemed to have a permanent scowl on her face. It was hot, she was sweaty, she was pretty sure her make up was running, but to top it all off, she was wearing a hair net. Avery looked like a regular rebellious teenager. Too bad she's twenty-two.

Nothing could cheer her up. Not even the two good looking guys who walked in. She almost laughed at them. They looked like the number ten: one was tall and skinny and one was chubby. The two guys walked up to the counter and smiled at her. They both had on their shades, and it looked as if they would start laughing at any minute. "Welcome to Taco Bell," Avery sighed. "How may I help you?"

"Hello," The chubby one said. He looked down at her chest. His eyes falling on her name tag. "Avery." He read slowly. "That's a pretty name." He grinned at her. Avery rolled her eyes. "I'd like two dozen soft tacos and..." Before he could finish, the skinny one began to laugh.

"You guys are," Avery turned around to make sure none of her superiors were around. "Assholes." She whispered. "This is getting old you guys." She said. "Stop laughing Jimmy."

"Calm down Avery." He said.

"Yea, just calm down." Zacky added.

"Calm down?" She asked. "Zacky, the day before we leave for your crappy tour you guys come down to my job and end up getting me fired." Now Zacky and Jimmy were both laughing. "I just want to finish my last day without any problems." She sighed. "Now, what do you guys want?"

"Avery, just walk around the counter and come back to the house with us." Jimmy said.

"I'm not going anywhere with you Jimmy. I'm still mad at you." She said.

"Still?" Jimmy and Zacky asked.

"Yea, now what do you want?"

"Atleast come with us so you can get packed." Zacky said.

"I've already packed."

"Well will you come out with us when your shift is over?" Jimmy asked.

"No, I'm spending the rest of the day with Jeffey."

"Pfft, Jeffey." Zacky laughed.

"Yes Jeffey, now what do you guys want?" When Jimmy and Zacky realized there was no hope to get her to leave, they just ordered.

"Ten soft tacos." Jimmy said.

"Is that all?" Avery sighed. Zacky and Jimmy nodded.

"For here or to go?" The two boys looked at each other and started laughing again. "Come on fuckers I don't have all day."

"To go." Zacky said laughing. He set down a twenty dollar bill and walked away, letting Jimmy get the change.

Avery had to go through this for the past four tours. The guys would come down to her job and tourture her on her last day. Last time they got her fired before her shift even started.

"Here's your change." She said slapping it down on the counter.

"Come on, Avery," Jimmy sighed "Don't be mad at me."

"I'm sick of baby sitting you Jimmy." She said. "I couldn't even be with Jeffey last night because you need someone to give you a ride home."

"I'm sorry." He said smiling down at her. "Just come out with us tonight. You can bring good ol' Jeffey with you."

"You're order number is 361. Have a nice day, sir." Avery said handing Jimmy his reciept. She smiled at the people behind him, urging them to come forward.

"That's pretty messed up Avery." Jimmy said. "All times as I had to babysit you, I never said a damn thing." He walked over to Zacky handing him his change and reciept before walking out the place entirely. Zacky looked over at Avery before looking back at the door Jimmy just walked out of. Avery didn't care. She was tired, she had to continuing standing there for another three hours, and she was wearing a hair net.

"Avery," Avery looked up to see her manager standing behind her. "You can take your lunch now." Avery nodded as she pulled off her hat and hair net. She walked around the counter and found an unoccupied booth whre she sat down and rested her head.

"Don't be mad at us, Avery." Zacky said as he down next to her. He was clutching his bag of tacos with one hand and was scratching his face with the other. "You know we're just messing with you. We don't mean half the shit we do."

"Yea, I know, it's just-"

"Avery..." She looked up to see Jeffey standing next to her.

"Hey babe." She said as she stood up to hug him. "What're you doing here?" She asked him. He flipped his hair out of his face. Avery hated the way he did that.

"We're leaving a little early for the tattoo convention." He said. "So I won't be able to see you before you leave."

"What? Why?" She asked.

"Somebody messed up and got the dates mixed up." He said. "I'm sorry." He leaned down and kissed her. "I'll see you when you get back all right?" He said just before kissing her again.

"All right." Avery said nodding. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said. "Don't let her get into too much trouble, Zacky." He said.

"I'll make sure she doesn't." Zacky said grinning at her. Jeffey looked back at Avery before kissing her on her forehead and walking out. Avery felt a bit hurt. "Tattoo convention?" Zacky asked her. Avery nodded.

"Sometime's I think he likes tattooing more than he likes me." She sighed.

"Well," Zacky sighed as Avery sat back down. "Look's like you can hang out with us tonight, huh?"