Girls On Film

chapter 2

"Babe have you seen my keys?" Jimmy asked his fiance, Sophie.

"Yea, Jimmy, I got em'." She called out. Jimmy sighed in relief as he sat down on the edge of their bed and laced up his shoes.

"Avery and Zacky are downstairs." Sophie said as she walked into the room. "Did you know Jeffey left for his thing early?" She asked him.

"Yea." Jimmy sighed.

"Poor Avery." She said. "Is she still mad at you?" Jimmy nodded.

"Yea." He said.

"Well she should be." Sophie said. Jimmy just rolled his eyes. Sometimes he wished Avery and Sophie didn't like each other as much as they did. "Why didn't you just call me the other night, Jimmy?" Sophie asked as she walked into their bathroom. "I could've came and picked you up."

"I was drunk." Jimmy shrugged.

"I've seen you drunk." She said poking her head out of the doorway.

"I know." Jimmy nodded. "But I don't like you to see me when I'm drunk." Sophie opened her mouth to say something, but was interupted by a knock on their door frame. She and Jimmy both looked up to see Avery standing in their doorway.

"Sophie can I use your phone?" She asked. "Jeffey just called my cell, but it went dead."

"Yea, sure." Sophie said. Avery stared at Jimmy giving him this cold look before she walked out of their view.

"You know what you should do to cheer Avery up-" Sophie said. Jimmy shook his head.

"There's nothing I can do. She's stubborn as hell." He said. He stood up and stretched a bit before leaning forward and kissing Sophie. "You ready?" He asked her. She smiled and nodded. Jimmy grabbed her hand and lead her down the stairs. Avery and Zacky were sitting on the love seat. Zacky was watching tv and Avery was on the phone with Jeffey while her legs laid on Zacky's lap.

"You guys ready?" Sophie asked. Zacky nodded. Avery sighed a bit before telling Jeffey she had to go.

"Ready." Avery said.

"Avery," Sophie said letting go of Jimmy's hand. "Why don't you ride with Jimmy, and I'll ride with Zacky." She said giving Zacky a look.

"Yea," Zacky nodded. "I've gotta pick up Harmony anyway." Avery and Jimmy both gave Sophie these ugly looks.

"Whatever." Avery said as she grabbed her bag.

"Let's go." Jimmy said. They all walked out to the cars. Sophie and Zacky in his car. Avery and Jimmy in his car.

Sophie waved to them as Zacky sped off down the street. Avery flipped them off while Jimmy just shook his head. He didn't want to be in the same car as Avery. She was mad at him, and he was mad at her for her being mad at him. So what he asked her to give him a ride home. He's helped her out when she was drunk plenty of times. He didn't know why she was so upset.

"What's your problem Avery?" He asked her as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Don't talk to me, Jimmy." She sighed as she rested her head on the window.

"I don't see why you're even mad at me." He said.

"You know why I'm mad at you."

"I don't think it's that good of a reason, Avery."

"You couldn't let Sophie come get you?" She asked as she looked over at him.

"I don't like her to see me drunk." He said.

"But you don't mind cutting into whatever I'm doing to see if I can come and get you?"

"Avery we've been friends since, like, birth." Jimmy sighed. "We've seen each other at our worst. That's why I call you."

"I get it Jimmy." She said. "But you knew we were all leaving in a couple of days. I just wanted to hang out with Jeffey until I left." She said. "I didn't want to have to spend the rest of the night rubbing your back while you were throwing up." She turned her head and looked back out the window. Jimmy wanted to laugh, but he didn't. He knew it would only make things worst.

"I'm sorry." He said. "You know I hate it when you're mad at me." He turned to catch a glimpes of Avery smiling against the window. "Plus I'll probably need you to give me a ride home tonight too." Avery shot him this cold stare which caused him to laugh. "I'm just joking Avery." He smiled. He watched her turn back towards the window and try to hide her smile. "So we're cool now?" He asked her.

"Yes Jimmy." She said. "Just keep your eyes on the road."

"Damn it Jimmy." Avery sighed as she pulled over. Jimmy had his head out the window throwing up just about everything but his lungs. "I bet it's all over the car." She said. Jimmy just groaned in response. He rested his head on the door and wrapped his arms around himself.

"Good thing it's not your car, huh?" He coughed. Avery frowned.

"This is what I'm talking about Jimmy. You do this all-" Avery stopped when she heard Jimmy snoring. "Unbelievable." She sighed as she put the car in drive. Within minutes she was at her house.

This is the part that sucked the most. She had to get him from the car into the house. She cursed as she got out of the car and walked around to his side. The sight wasn't as bad as she predicted, but the smell was horrible. Jimmy had thrown up on the side of the car. "I swear." She sighed as she opened the door. Jimmy was still asleep, which only made her task that much harder. "Jimmy." She said as she shook him a bit. "Jimmy." He didn't move. He just continued to snore. "Damn it Jimmy, wake up." She said hitting him a bit.

"Fuck off." He groaned as he made himself more comfortable.

"Get up Jimmy." She leaned in a bit and kind of tapped him on his face.

"Avery..." He groaned. She unbuckled his seat belt and put his arm around her neck.

"Come on Jimmy. Please." She said as she wrapped her arm's around his middle. Jimmy put both of his feet out of the car and fell limp in her arms. "Jimmy you've got to help me out a bit." She huffed. "It'll only take two minutes." She said. "Can you stay awake for two minutes?" Jimmy mumbled something in response as he lifted himself out of the car. "Thank you." She said as she kicked the door closed. Avery had to kind of drag him to the front door before she reached into her pocket and pulled out her keys. Jimmy rested his head on her shoulder and sighed.

"I'm sorry Avery." He said just before burping in her face.

"Try and talk that way babe." She said nodding towards the other direction.

When she finally got the door open, she dragged Jimmy towards the bathroom. Jimmy has been doing this so much lately, it has kind of turned into a routine. He would get wasted, throw up in the car, give Avery hell, and then throw up some more. The next step was throwing up, so she hurried up and brought him in the bathroom. She sat him down on the floor and lifted up the toilet seat. Before she could even wipe the sweat off her forehead, Jimmy began to hug the toilet like it was his new best friend. The sounds didn't even bother her anymore. She was so used to it. She leaned down and rubbed his back. "Let it all out." She sighed.

When Jimmy was done, he rested his forehead against the edge of the toilet and sighed. "You all done?" Avery asked him. He nodded and coughed. "You sure?"

"I'm sure." He said.

"All right." She reached over and flushed the toilet, which kind of startled Jimmy. He leaned back against the bathtub and sighed.

"I'm sorry." He said again. "Can you-"

"Yea." Avery said. "I'll call Sophie." She knew that was coming too. Avery walked into the kicthen and grabbed the phone off of the wall. She dialed the numbers quickly before bringing the phone up to her ear. Sophie picked up on the first ring.

"I was expecting your call." She said.

"I'm not surprised." Avery said.

"Is he all right?" She asked.

"Yea. He might be asleep by now though."

"What about the car?"

"It smells foul." Avery admitted. Sophie groaned and bit before sighing.

"Well, tell him I love him." She said. "And give him a kiss for me."

"Pfft, sure." Avery said. "Goodnight."

"Night."

Avery walked back into the bathroom to find Jimmy shirtless and passed out on the floor. "Jimmy." Avery groaned as she pushed him slightly. "Get up. I'll help you to the couch." She said. She wrapped her arms around him to try and help him up. They stumbled backwards and hit the wall behind her. "Jimmy come on, sober up for just a minute." Jimmy put his head on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her.

"Avery," He groaned. "What did Sophie say?" He asked.

"She said she loves you."

"Yea?" He asked looking up at her. Avery nodded. "What else?"

"She said you're gonna be in a whole lot of shit in the morning." Jimmy laughed a bit before putting his head back on her shoulder.

"I'm so tired Avery." He said.

"I know." She said as she dragged him into the living room. "I am too." She turned around and laid him down on the couch, but not with out letting out a relieved sigh. "You okay?" She asked him as she pulled off his shoes.

"Yea." He sighed as he draped his arm over his eyes. "Thank you Avery." He said.

"Yea." She said.

"Please don't be mad at me in the morning." He removed his arm and looked up at her.

"I ain't making no pronises, Jimmy." She said as she kissed his forehead. "Goodnight."

"Night night."