Girls On Film

chapter 7

"One more time." Brian smiled at Avery.

"No." Matt groaned. "Please, just stop."

"Just one more time." Brian said trying to hold back his laughter. He looked over at Avery and nodded at her. She picked up the shot Brian had set down in front of her and tossed it to the back of her throat. She grimaced as the dark liquid made it's way down her chest and into her stomach.

"All right." She said. She cleared her throat and took a deep breath. "Gonna find my Jeffey, gonna hold him tight, gonna grab some afternoon delight." Avery sang. Brian threw his head back in a fit of laughter while the rest of the guys just sat there. Jimmy groaned in agony as he listened to Avery butcher the song for what seemed to be the hundreth time. She would change the words a little more everytime she sang it, and her high notes were ear shattering.

"Please," Jimmy sighed. "That's enough." But Avery didn't stop, and Brian kept egging her on.

"When everything's a little clearer in the light of day." She sang as she wrapped her arms around Jimmy's neck.

"Damn it, Avery, shut up." Johnny sighed. For a moment Avery did just that. She sat back in her seat and sighed.

"I swear you guys are no fun." She said.

"Thank God." Jimmy said. He put his head back and let out a slight breath of relief. Avery was a horribles singer, and she only got worse when you added alcohol.

"Thinking bout' my Jeffey works my appetite, looking forward to a little afternoon delight." Jimmy brought his hands up to his ears as Avery attempted to hit a high note.

"All right," Matt groaned. "I've had it." He stood up and came to Avery's side. She looked up at him as she sang.

"Gonna find my Mat-" But was cut short when Matt picked her up and threw her over his shoulder.

"You need to sleep." He said as he began to walk to the bunks.

"I'm not tired."

"That may be true." Matt said. "But you need to sober up. Because if I hear you sing that damn song again, I swear I'll throw you off this bus while we're still moving." Avery laughed a bit as Matt laid her down in Jimmy's bunk. "Sleep." He said. Just before walking back out with the rest of the guys.

Avery closed the curtain to Jimmy's bunk and rolled over on her side. "Sleep." She mimicked. "Who does he think he is?" She whispered to herself. She wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to get comfortable. At the same time she noticed the many pictures that lined the wall of Jimmy's bunk. Most of them were of his with Sophie. In each picture he's either kissing her or holding her. There were a few with her too. One of her and Jimmy when they were in high school, one taken from the last tour, and then there was one she never seen before. By the looks of it Avery had fallen asleep with her head in Jimmy's lap. He had his hand on the back of Avery's head, and you could tell by the picture he was laughing. Avery let out a little giggle as she shook her head. "Ass." She said to herself. As she looked on, she found one picture that really caught her attention. It was a picture of her. Just her. No Jimmy. No Sophie. Just her. It was a horrible picture in her opinion. She remembered the day though. It was her first day of work at Taco Bell. She was standing in front of Jimmy's car, in her uniform and hair net, with her middle finger up. Frowning like there was no tomorrow. She wondered why Jimmy would even have it. There was nothing remotely special about the picture or occasion. She lied there, pondering why he would have such a hiddeous picture.

"Hey." Jimmy said. Avery turned around, a bit startled. "What're you doing in my bunk?" He asked her.

"Matt put me here." She said.

"Oh." He said. He knelt down as he tried to kick off his shoes. "Why didn't you leave?"

"Matt told me to stay." Avery said. Jimmy smiled as he shook his head.

"Well," He groaned as he pulled off his shirt. "You wanna move over?" he asked looking up at her. Avery pushed herself back as he climbed into his bunk beside her. "Good night." He said. He laid down on his stomach and fisted his hand under his pillow.

"Good night." Avery said. She sat laid there for a while, just watching him. "Jimmy," She said tapping him lightly on the shoulder.

"What?" He groaned.

"Why do you have that picture of me on your wall?" She asked. Jimmy turned his head and looked up at his wall.

"You were sleep and it looked funny as hell." He said.

"Not that one." Avery said rolling her eyes. "That one." She pointed to the picture of her in her Taco Bell uniform.

Jimmy shrugged and he rested his head on his pillow. "I don't know." He said. "Sometimes I like to rub one out to that picture." Avery made a gagging noise as she out her head into the pillow.

"You're disgusting." She said. Jimmy laughed a bit as he turned his head to the other side so he couldn't see her.

"You're a whore." He said.

"Don't go to sleep Jimmy." She sighed. "Stay up."

"Avery, I'm tired." He said.

"Please." She begged. "Tell me a joke." She said as she moved over and rested her head on his shoulder.

"You wanna here a joke?" He asked.

"Mmhmm." Avery said.

"Women's rights. That's a joke." He said. As horrible of a joke it was it got the both of them laughing. Avery snuggled up close to him as she wrapped her arm around him.

"Seriously." She said.

"Avery," Jimmy sighed. "I'm tired. I'll tell you a shit load of jokes in the morning okay?"

"Okay." She said. She kissed the back of his neck and laid her head back down on his shoulder.

Jimmy was the last thing Avery saw before she went to sleep, and the first thing she saw when she woke up the following morning. He was facing her now, with his hand lazily planted on her hip. He was snoring lightly in her face. His breath smelled like everything he had drank the night before. Avery noticed his hair was in his face. She reached up slowly and pushed it back, causing him to turn onto his back. She bit down on her lip as she watched him make himself comfortable.

"Morning Avery." Zacky groaned as he got out of his bunk. Jimmy frowned in his sleep and rolled back over on his side. Now he was even closer to her than before.

"Good morning." She whispered back to Zacky. Her eyes fell on Jimmy. He looked so peaceful, and so soft. She had a sudden impulse to touch him. She reached out for him again, this time to touch his arm. She let her hand run up his shoulder, then back down his arm. He was so soft and so warm. She brought her other hand up to his chest and slowly let her fingers glide down to his stomach. His skin twitched and jerked beneath her fingers. She looked at him, his hair was back in his face. She brought her hand up and brushed it back again. But she didn't stop there. She leaned in close and kissed him on his lips. She closed her eyes, only to have them pop back open when she felt his lips push back on her own. She pulled back and stared at him. His eyes were still closed.

"Morning Avery." He whispered.

"Morning." She whispered.

"What's with you feeling me up?" He asked as he opened his eyes.

"Huh?" She squeaked.

"I've been awake since Zacky said good morning." He said. "You don't know how hard it was to not laugh." He smiled.

"I..." Avery had no words for her sudden impulse to feel him up. "You just looked... I-" She bit down on her lip and brought her hands up to her face to try and hide her embarrassment.

"Look but don't touch." He smirked.

"Sorry." She said.

"Don't be." He slipped out of the bunk and stretched. Avery felt a bit like a voyeur as she watched him. Her eyes lingered down his back until they landed on the two most perfect dimples on his lower back. "You want something to eat?" He asked her. But she couldn't hear him. She just continued to stare. Jimmy looked over his shoulder at her and smiled. "Hey." He said. Avery looked up, her eyes meeting his. "What's up with you?" He asked.

"Nothing." She said.

"I'm getting something to eat." He said. "Do you want anything?" Avery shook her head.

"No," She said. "I'm going to try and get back to sleep." She said. Jimmy nodded.

"All right." He said as he looked around for his shirt. He picked it up and pulled it over his head quickly. Avery noticed the pants he slept in were a bit lower then they should be. "I'll see you when you wake up." He said as he began walking out.

"Okay." Avery said. Jimmy gave her one last glance over his shoulder before walking into the front with Zacky. Avery rolled onto her back and pulled the pillow over her face. "What the hell is wrong with you?" She asked herself.

"Hey Avery," Johnny groaned from his bunk. Avery pulled the pillow down and looked over at Johnny. "If you ever have the urge to touch somebody else, you know where my bunk is."