As It Is Written

Expect the Unexpected

“Well, here we are!” Annabelle shouted over the wind. They were pulling up to a large, cobblestone driveway. The road way was surrounded by huge evergreens that shaded the area in between and gave it a dark feel. Jessica looked around in wonder as the car traveled up to a large, white Victorian style house. The bright red door beckoned to her as they wandered up to the house.

“Your house is beautiful.” Jessica told Annabelle, slightly dazed from the splendour. Annabelle smiled to herself as she opened the front door and walked inside. The foyer was sparkling in the afternoon light and the radiance blinded the girls for but a moment.

“What do your parents do?” Jessica asked, awestruck at the grandeur surrounding her.

“My parents died a long time ago. I live by myself now.” Annabelle replied.

“Oh. I’m sorry.” Jessica said, feeling genuinely bad for the other girl. Annabelle just shook her head.

“It’s not a big deal. The living room is through there,” she pointed to a set of oak double doors. “And the kitchen is through that. Make yourself at home; I just need to go take my face off.” She blew up a magnificent staircase and out of sight. Jessica walked through the doors and started towards the first couch she saw. Maybe she and Annabelle weren’t so different after all. She had lost her parents a long time ago as well. “Probably for a very different reason though,” Jessica thought, and smirked to herself. A large bump came from upstairs, disrupting her train of thought.

“Annabelle? You okay up there?” She shouted towards the stairs. There was no answer. Jessica started up the stairs, listening for more noises. This was just like the night her parents had died. She had come home to find strange people in her house, and her parents, bleeding, on the floor.

“Annabelle?” she called out again, straining to hear if the girl was still alive. Her feet reached the landing and she looked around, trying to figure out where Annabelle might be. As she was searching, a figure dashed out of the room to her left. This thing was not human. Six arms protruded from the torso and its head was encircled in blood red hair. Most terrifying of all was the gaping mouth. Fangs extended past the jaw line. Jessica screamed and ran back down the stairs, trying desperately to get away from the creature. But it was too fast for her to outrun. It caught her as she got to the ground floor.

“I told you I had to take my face off.” It said. With that one sentence, Jessica realized that this monster was Annabelle. Comprehension crossed her features, and she screamed. Annabelle only smiled and started to chew on the new girls arm, fangs biting through flesh and bone.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Screaming filled the afternoon air. There was no one around to help. Growls interjected the scared teenager’s cries. Then, all too quickly, there was silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this may be the end of the story, maybe not. I might decide to make it a more elaborate story. Tell me what you guys think about it so far and if I should make it more detailed.
Thanks for reading!