Status: Getting good...

A Shot at Love

of 'a shot at love'

Elena...♥
Image

I looked myself in the mirror, my shimmering blond hair falling down my face. I took my hair in my hands and pulled it back, tying it into a quick sloppy bun. I grabbed some bobby pins and worked at the excess hair sticking out, "So..." Eren sighed fidling with her beautiful manicured nails from the doorway, "Your going to your little cousins wedding?" She asked.

I nodded as I held a bobby pin in my mouth and worked on the back of my hair, "He's younger than you and he's getting married!" She wailed furiously. I opened my mouth and let my croaky morning voice slip out, "And?" I asked without much care. I grabbed my makeup pouch and brought out liquid eyeliner and worked on the top of my eyelid, "He should be attending your wedding!"

I sighed placing my two hands against the cool sink. I looked myself in the mirror once again and felt pinches of loneliness as it crept up on me. I looked down at where my wedding ring should have been...but I obviously didn't have one. I missed the most greatest thing a woman would and should and could have had at this age...and man to love. It was mainly my fault. I was the person who didn't let anyone in. I couldn't because I was too sensitive to get hurt again. I never let myself fall to hard. Sure a crush or two...but that was it.

"You...really wish you had a ring don't you." She challenged me, "I wouldn't mind having one, but I'm single, never dated, barely making enough money to say in this dump of an apartment...let's face it, it's not happening. I'm not like you Eren." I said calmly once again.

Eren growled as I spoke those last words, "Elena...you should be like me. Happy and calm and a free bitch. Let yourself out! That's how you get a guy. Or we can do it the hard way and I'll make an EHarmony account for you and you can go on blind dates with psychotic rapists if you wish." I glared at her through the mirror, "Get out." I said walking towards the door as she backed away, "I need to change."

_______

I slowed to a halt as the light immediately turned red. I sighed looking at the sidewalks, almost every pair were together, young couples to old. Eren looked at me and shook her head, "You know now that I think of it...you should judge me...you don't have a guy either." I thought randomly, "But at least I express my feelings! I get dates all the time, been proposed to twice-" I cut her off laughing, "Yea but two really hot and smart guys and you rejected them because?" She looked at me, "Because I wasn't ready!" I snickered, "Right...and so you just dumped their hot asses on the street for someone else?" She growled at me, "Come on Elena...let me just set you up for a date!" She changed the subject immediately as I rested my head against the leather seat for a second and pulled it back up to continue driving as the light turned green.

"Hm, Jason or Joey?" She asked, "Neither." I responded dully. Not paying attention to any little word that escaped through those pink lips of hers, "But your just their type!" She wailed, that was mainly the one thing that made me crack up into laughter. I felt like she just made a sarcastic joke but she was serious, "I'm their type? Really? Ha! You make me laugh Eren." She glowered at me through slits in her eyes, "Yea you are their type!" I scoffed, "Yea. So I'm guessing weird anti social girls turn them on?" She fell silent, "Yea that's what I thought." I shook my head falling serious.

I finally pulled up to an open parking on the side lines and pulled the keys from the ignition. I popped open the driver side door and stepped out as other cars on the road flashed past me, leaving a gust of wind messing up my hair. I walked over to the sidewalk where Eren was already idling, texting away on that deranged little Iphone. I had a semi decent phone. Touch and keyboard, LG Xenon it was. Had it for years while Eren bought one, took it in, broke it, threw it out. That was basically the routine for her every year now. I walked side by side with her in my outfit. She slipped her hand into mine, as best friends we always held each others hands just for the kicks. I looked down at her dress flowing behind and might I add she looked stunning, "I thought you said you had a day off?" Eren asked calmly as the door chimed while we walked into Starbucks, "I need to pick up my check." I explained as she nodded.

I walked through the employees only door and Eren pouted since she wasn't aloud in there, "Oh my gosh!" I heard her squeal as I turned to look at her from the counter, "What?" I asked, "Do you...want to...do this with me?!" She shrieked grabbing a flier off the table and shoved it into my face, "Ah!" I wailed as people looked at me. I looked at them and felt my cheeks flush. I snatched the paper and read off it, "A Shot At Love?" I wondered, "Mhm! Reality t.v baby! Let's do it! They are gonna be looking for people like us! Looking for love and-" I cut her off reading, "3O women!? One mystery man!? Uh uh!" I tossed it back at her.

___

I walked back out of the managers office with my paycheck in hand. Eren pulled the phone from her ear and ended a call, "Who were you talking to?" I asked her, "I...er...I...nobody." I gave her a confused look, "What?" She asked cracking a smile. I rolled my eyes and walked out the door, "So where to next best friend? Downtown? The park? Lunch?" I jumped into the driver's side and as she tried to open the door I locked them. The window's were rolled down enough for her to squish her head in, "Um...best friend...you locked the door." I looked at her before putting on my shades, "Yea I know." She growled and pouted, "Open!" She snapped. I laughed at her before blasting some music, "This bitch has to go over to her cousins wedding remember?" I started up the car, "This isn't funny Elena! How am I supposed to go home!?" She shrieked, "Take the city dump." I said pointing a finger at the bus that pulled up. I backed out as she screamed curse words getting the attention of every soul on the sidewalk.

As I sped off I raised the finger. Gosh I loved feeling like a bad ass.

___

"Congratulations Marcus." I said smiling at my cousin. He walked over and hugged me tightly, "Thanks Elena. It's so nice to finally see you! Your parents didn't think you were coming, neither did mum." He said looking over at the picture perfect family sitting at the tables. I laughed slightly, "Wouldn't miss this for anything."

Out of the blue a beautiful angelic voice ruptured the calm air, "Elena darling!" I turned and saw the bride marching her way through the crowd. I walked towards her and we both collided hugging and holding onto each other, "Jess you look amazing! I'm so happy for you!" I kissed her cheek and she laughed, "I'm glad you could make it. Now if only we can find you a husband."

The rest of the long night was filled with how mom and dad should get me a man to live happily ever after with.

I was walking out of the reception when mom caught up to me, "Elena honey how have you been?" She asked. I looked at her and laughed, "Mom we went over this. I'm pretty good." She shook her head and stopped me, "You looked...lonely in that crowded room darling...what's on your mind?" She asked. I sighed, "I just...everyone is right you know? I do need a guy for myself...I'm at the point where I'll get married to anyone, I just want him to love me back mom. It's not fair how Marcus and Jessica got married and they're like 3 years younger than me. Mom opened her mouth to object, "It's okay mom...don't worry about it I'm just tired and you know how I get when I'm tired. I'll call you tomorrow. Bye." And I walked towards my car with starry eyes.
____

I stabbed the key into the door knob hole and twisted it twice before I heard a small click. I threw the door open and walked into my humble apartment, stripping off my jacket as my dress had begun to bother me.

I sat down next to my answering machine on the small table and kicked off my shoes that made the bottom of my feet sore. I rubbed them as I pressed the play button on my answering machine.

Hello ladies!

This is Mike, manager from the new soon to be hit reality t.v show "A Shot At Love" and I would like to tell you that you are among the 3O beautiful, lovely, lucky ladies who will be competing to try to win the heart of the man of your dreams!"


I jumped up and shrieked excitedly, "Oh my gosh this is- Wait...I didn't enter..."

If you have any questions please call 818-765-9983. We will be coming to each and every one of your addresses early in the morning so please get your luggage ready tonight! See all you beautiful ladies soon at, "A Shot At Love"

I picked up my phone to call Eren when it buzzed...Eren.

"Hello-" She cut me off with a blood shattering shriek, "Oh my- Oh my gosh! What is it?! Who died?!" I freaked, "I just...got a call...from the host of..."A Shot At Love"...And I'm chosen!!" I couldn't even speak, "Did you...enter my name in the contest?" I asked her, "Yes I did but just as a joke, like you'd even get picked to be one of the 3O girls-"

"I was picked." I growled as my face flashed red in embarrassment and anger, "What?!" She shrieked again, "Can you quit yelling in my ear?! Why would you do that Eren! Do you want me to embarrass myself on national television! Do you want people to be talking smack about me!? Huh!" I raged, "Woah woah! I'm your best friend! And I got you into this and I'll help you through it. Besides you don't like surprises...and this man-doubt he's for you anyway."

"Gosh now I have to pack my bags and tell mum that I'm on my way to a hit new show to get married or some crap! How do you think she'll react to that?!"

An hour later...

"Oh my gosh Elena I am so excited for you! Make sure to shave your legs and change your underwear everyday! Don't forget to use your special conditioner and shampoo and pack your contacts and-"

"MOM!" I objected, "What? Sweetheart I'm just really happy your going!" I sighed, "Okay first off...You don't need to embarrass me over the phone! And second...I don't want to go!"

"I can't wait to see your beautiful face on television!"

"Mom are you listening to me?"

"I can't wait to see who the lucky man is!!"

"Mom!"

"I love you deary! Good night!"

And she hung up.
____

I woke up when firsts pounded on my door. I slowly got up and looked at the clock, 9 in the morning. Well I guess that's that...I'm calling in sick today. I got up still in my sweats and a sloppy bun with a tank top. I opened the door and all I saw was a short brown haired man with pasty skin. His smile turned into horror, "Um...did you not know that we were coming Miss..." He looked down at the clipboard in his hands, "Miss Elena Cruz?" He wondered. I said nothing but continued rubbing my eyes, "Um...I think, my friend signed me up for this crap, I didn't think she was serious." I said, "Oh, whose your friend sweet cheeks?" He asked. I gave him a look, "Eren Gale." I responded with a croaky voice. He looked down at the clipboard and nodded before taking his cellphone, "Hey Sammie? Yea please send Eren Gale up to Elena's apartment. We have a little issue." I nodded, "Yea. So with that, please leave." I said before slamming the door.

I heard the short man walking to and fro around the front door as I went to collapse on my bed once again. I closed my eyes. I wasn't completely sleeping I was just dozing off. I heard Eren's beautiful voice talking furiously outside with the assistant, "What's going on? Why isn't she coming?" She asked, "Apparently she doesn't want to go-" I heard my door open but I was too exhausted to even try to fight off the beast coming at me, "Elena wake up right now!" Eren growled at me furiously. My eyes slowly slid open and I saw her beautiful face hovering over mine, "I'm not going Eren, so if your here to nag and yell go ahead, but you'll be late for your flight." She laughed bitterly before walking over and throwing my suitcase out and dumping piles of my clothes on the floor. I sat up right and let my face fall into my hands as I sighed already feeling defeated, "Your unbelievable you know that?" Eren started as I stood up to go into the bathroom and look myself in the mirror. That silky old blond hair dying and suffocating in that sloppy, disastrous bun. Those sad blue eyes shimmering with no hope. That broken heart filled with nothing but sadness and loneliness.

Eren came and stood and watched me from the doorway, "You do this every morning. Every god damn morning! Don't you feel anything!?" She shouted as I kept a good lock on my own face, "Your hurt! Your sad and lonely! And your scared to admit it! Your forcing yourself to live this way! Your always gonna be a loner! Your worse than Virgin Mary god damn it!"

I spun around with a red face, "Shut the fuck up okay! Stop it! Just stop it! You don't know how I feel and you don't have the right to speak to me like that! Do you understand me! Don't you dare try that crap on me!" I shrieked, the first time in a long time I've...become so anger...become so emotional. Tears streaked down my face, "Get out of my house." I growled through gritted teeth. She didn't budge. She looked at me stunned, "They...gave you 15 minutes you know-"

"GET OUT NOW!" I shouted. She slipped away and slammed the door, "She'll come out in 15 minutes." She said shakily to the man standing outside. I took one last look at my face in the mirror. Wiping the stupid tears out of my face. My red face went back to pale. I sighed and shook my head. I picked up my phone.

Elena: I'm sorry okay... you know me... and you know I'm not good with this stuff.

Eren: Yea I know... I'm sorry to :) & It's fine okay. Just please... I don't wanna be alone on this you know

Elena: You said 15 minutes right? :)


___

I walked out slowly with a bag of my suitcases. I opened the door and the small man stood there looking up at me, "Oh your ready!" He said taking my bags smiling, "Did you...stand out here all this time?" I asked looking from left to right, "It's my job Miss Cruz." He said, "Just call me Elena, and thanks." He looked at my dress, "Wow, you clean up pretty well." We both walked down the apartment stairs and he opened the limo door as I walked in. Eren sat there talking to some beautiful woman as I looked at them awkwardly, flashing a soft smile and sitting down, "Oh, guys, this is Elena my best friend, Elena meet the girls!" And the whole ride to the airport was filled with introductions.

___

We were waiting to board the airplane when I noticed what Eren was wearing. I didn't notice how elegant she looked, but damn did she look pretty. She smiled at me and I smiled back as she reached down to hold my hand reassuringly. Our friendship was like this obviously. Always complicated and mean and down right dirty but we made up for the biggest of brawls in a day or two at the max.

No longer than that we boarded the plane. I looked left to right for my seat. I found it and it was a window seat. I was ecstatic due to the fact that I loved airplane rides and loved sitting next to the window. Eren was sitting right next to me and she was a little jumpy about the whole airplane thing. I didn't quite mind and neither did she, we held each others hands reassuringly.

We were coming from Los Angeles California to Miami Florida to meet mystery man. Isn't this lovely? It was the first 3O minutes into the flight and Eren had calmed down after I took her mind off the bumpy ride with tic tac toe and other games. She crossed out all her O's and looked at me, "I win again, you really suck at this Elena." She laughed softly as I put my pen down, "I do huh...hey! Who do you think the mystery guy is?" I asked after hearing two girls from the other side of the plane play the guessing game, "I have no idea! He must be a celebrity though for sure." I laughed, "What makes you think that?" I wondered, "A lot of hot celebs are bachelors. You never know." Eren said winking at me.

I grabbed another napkin as the air hostess came by and gave me a glass of orange juice and gave Eren a can of Sprite. She popped it open and took a sip as I started scribbling a new layout.

Celebrity Bachelors.

And we both took off writing crazily.

___

After about a solid hour or two we re-read and marked off all the ones we knew for a fact weren't bachelors anymore from other sources.

"Cam Gigandent?" I read out loud looking at Eren, "Now that you think about it...he's married. And has a daughter." I nodded and crossed out his name, "Ian Somerhalder?" I asked, "A 5O percent possibility. He told an Australian magazine in 2O1O that he was a bachelor." I laughed and put a question mark next to his name, "You know a lot can happen in a year. It's 2O11 now." I went onto the next one, "Not Robert Pattinson...Taylor Lautner's too young...Paul Wesly? Doubt it." I mumbled to myself.

Then something hit me. We were on the topic of the movie stars on Twilight, "Oh my gosh! What if Kellan Lutz is the mystery man-" I turned to look at Eren but she was knocked out on her little pillow. I sighed and thew the pen back down. I looked away and out the window, better get some shut eye at least.

___

"Elena! Elena get up were here! And they say that mystery man is in a limo right outside the landing zone!" I stirred awake and fixed my hair, I was sleeping against the window the whole night...lovely. I stood up and grabbed my carry on bag and walked out with Eren.

Every girl on the airplane crammed their way through the exit just to get out. I was squashed in between a couple but I didn't quite mind since I was free of the hold soon, "Okay ladies." I saw a man walk out of the limo, he had a tux on and cameras were rolling, "I'm your host...Shane Glass! Welcome to "A Shot At Love"! How are you all feeling?" He asked as the girls cheered. I opened my mouth with a smile pretending to cheer with them, but I really didn't.

"Now as you all know, this is our first season shooting this, and we are very excited to have all you wonderful, beautiful ladies here. Now are you all ready to meet the man of your dreams?" Everyone shouted and shrieked. I felt my heartbeat pound, "He is a celebrity of course, you girls obviously went goo goo ga ga over his character in a hit movie..."

Twilight...Twilight...For crying out loud it's Twilight!

"Say hello to the man you get "A Shot At Love" with..." He announced. I was gonna surprise myself. The door opened when I shot my eyes closed. I smiled to myself biting my bottom lip when I heard it, "It's Kellan Lutz!" I heard screaming and shrieking as I popped my eyes open. Every girl broke out into a sprint towards his limo, leaving me and a beautiful girl behind, she looked insecure, kind of like me. I smiled at her as she smiled at me and we both strode our way towards the man who we'd hopefully be falling head over heels for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brand New Story With Nikki :D
Enjoyy!!<3