Status: Complete!

Camp Nityasundar

Camp Nityasundar: Chapter Six

I woke up in Jersey’s arms.

I woke up in Jersey’s arms?

“Kory!” someone hissed from the doorway. Jersey was sound asleep. “Pssst! Kory!”

“Hm?” Jersey jerked awake. He rubbed his eyes with his free hand and then looked down at me. “Good morning?”

“Hi,” I whispered, smiling.

“I guess I fell asleep in here?” he asked, slightly confused.

“I guess so,” I said. He hugged me and I sat up.

“KORY!” Mary was standing in the doorway, hissing my name.

“Yes, Mary?” I rubbed my eyes and looked at her. She had tears in her eyes. “Oh, God. Mary, are you okay?!” I jumped out of bed and ran over to her, kneeling before her. My heart was racing.

“I missed the sun rise,” she said, a tear rolling down her cheek. I exhaled sharply.

“Is that all?” I asked.

“I haven’t missed a sun rise since I was four!” she cried.

“Awh, c’mere,” I said, hugging her tightly. I peeked at the clock from the corner of my eye. It was already 8:30.

“How about you two come lie down with me,” Jersey said, patting the bed next to him.

“Jersey!” Mary perked up and ran into the bed, cuddling up next to him. I smiled slightly and snuck into bed. Mary was between Jersey and me, but his arm fit around about of us.

“I wish I could make the sun rise again just for you Mary,” he said.

“I wish you could, too,” she said, sniffling.

“How about later today, you and I go down to the lake like last summer, okay? We’ll take a boat and everything,” he said.

“Okay! On one condition,” she said.

“What’s that?” he asked.

“Kory has to come, too!” she said. I smiled.

“I don’t know if I can leave the girls today, Mary. It’s arts and crafts day,” I said.

“Exactly! All we do is glue noodles to papers. Mya can do it!” she said.

“If Mya says that its fine, then I’ll go,” I said. She took that as her cue and ran from my room to Mya’s. I glanced over at Jersey. He was smiling.

“DID YOU GUYS HAVE SEX?!” a voice cried from the doorway. Sienna was standing there in her PJ’s with big eyes, staring at us.

“No! Sienna, Jersey just fell asleep in here by accident,” I said, jumping out of the bed.

“That’s what my dad said about my nanny, but THEY had sex! I know you did! I know you had sex!” she yelled.

“Shh! Sienna, knock it off! You’re gonna wake up the rest of the girls!” I hissed at her.

“Well, maybe you should have sex with boys in our cabin! Then I wouldn’t have to yell!” she said.

“Sienna, stop it. I fell asleep here,” Jersey stood up and spoke to her firmly. She looked at him, not speaking. “Now, go get dressed. It’s arts and crafts day.” She obeyed.

“What a brat,” I said.

“She likes to cause trouble,” he said, facing me. ]

“Clearly,” I said. “She seemed to listen to you.”

“I’m the only one with enough balls to tell her parents when she does anything wrong,” he said, crossing his arms over his chest. I shook my head. “Look.. I’m sorry for falling asleep in here. I didn’t want to embarrass you like that.”

“You didn’t embarrass me,” I said. He smiled slightly.

“You sure?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m sure. Don’t worry about it,” I said.

“MYA SAID IT’S OKAY!!” Mary ran back into the room with a different hat on. I smiled at her.

“Okay, okay. Let’s go,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took forever. :)