Status: writing

You Had Me at Hello

Chapter 3

The next day, Amanda went to her locker and saw Brian walking up to meet her.“Hey, what’s up?” She said.
“Hey, do you have a minute?” Leaning near her locker facing her.
“Yeah sure, let me put my books up” placing her books in and getting her next class book out. Locking it up and turned to him.
“So what’s up?” looking into his brown eyes. Brian seemed to be nervous. “What’s wrong?”
“Can’t say” he looked down.
“Say what?” she smiled and lifted his head to look at her.
“Umm. Wouldyouliketogotothepromwithme?” he said it so fast, somehow Amanda understood it. Then he took a deep breath.
“Brian….did you just ask me to prom?” Worried took over her. She was asked by Zack yesterday. Brian nodded yes.
“Well?” he asked
“Umm…” she stated
“Zack already asked you, huh?” his smile faded away and his voice turned into sorrow. “What did you say?”
Amanda was hesitant. She didn’t know what to say. She knew that it will hurt him bad. “I said Yes, because he told me that you were taking someone else. We are going as friends” she tried to make the last part in her sentence hopeful.
“It’s okay, I understand. He beat me to it” Brian started to walk away. “damn” he said to himself, hurt and sadden that Zack beat him to the punch. Amanda yelled his name, as he turned around half way down the hall.
“Please Brian, I’m sorry!” she shouted
“I guess I’ll hang out with Jimmy and Johnny that night anyways.” He shouted back. Brian was hurt, and Amanda knew it. A single tear fell from his eye, wiping it away before anyone noticed.
A few days went by and Brian just kept to himself. Ignoring Amanda and Brian, in fact every one of his friends. It was the week of prom, Amanda was excited, and so was Zack. She told Zack the color of her dress since she already had it. Since pre-prom was ruined when she moved and he cheated on her the day after she left. On the night of prom, Zack can and picked up his date. Amanda’s mom still didn’t approve of him, what’s so ever, but put a happy/fake smile in front of him. Amanda walked down stairs in her pretty red dress, as Zack, her mother and father stared in awe. Zack was wearing a simple tux with matching red bow tie and cover band. Both of her parents took pictures as she walked down and greeted Zack, who placed her corsage on her wrist. As they took more pictures along the staircase and door.
“Mom I think that’s enough. You are going make us late or even miss our prom!” Amanda said in annoyance.
“Honey let they go and enjoy themselves. “ Her father said. As Amanda’s mother stop and said “Okay, you two have fun!” and Zack and Amanda left her house and drove to prom after saying their goodbyes.
*At Prom*
The place was amazing, better than what Amanda’s old school theme was. Nothing compared to Under the sea, to A Moon Light Terrance. Amanda and Zack found Matt and Val and sat down.
“Where’s Brian, Jimmy and Johnny?” Zack asked Matt.
“There at Johnny’s house” Matt said as Amanda looked down in sadness. Val looked and asked her if she was alright.
“I feel kind of bad still.” She stated
“Why?” Val had no idea what was going on.
“Brian asked me after Zack asked me.” She paused and looked down. “Just how I said it”
“Well, he will get over it” Matt said
“Her want to dance with me?” Zack asked, seeing his date was feeling bad and he needed her to get distracted somehow to get her mind off of Brian. A slow song started to play.
“Sure” looking back up at Zack who held out a hand for her to reach and walked towards the dance floor. Matt and Val also stood up to go dance. Amanda’s hands wrapped around Zack’s neck and his hands wrapped around her waist, as they slow dance to the song playing.
“You look beautiful tonight”
“Thanks, you look handsome with your tux too.” As they giggled continuing to dance.
“You know, you weren’t this outgoing when we first met.”
“Yeah, I tend to do that to people I don’t know.”
“We notice, me and Brian.” He smiled “Now you’re more open and outgoing and more wild!” he chuckled.
“Wild?!?”
“Well remember that one time, when we went camping outside Matt’s apartment. And we dared you to go running outside in your bra and underwear? And you did it?!” he laugh again.”
“Oh yeah, don’t remind me. The neighbors got a sight they will never forget.” She slightly hit him on his shoulder.
“Ouch, that hurt” he smiled and laughed alil. “but you did have a nice ass!”
“Were you checking me out Baker?”
“Kay I was.” He laughed again as she playfully hit him again.
“Cunt”
“Hey that’s not nice” he said.
As the song played, all Amanda thought about was how Brian is feeling right now. She hurt his feelings; how she was suppose to be here with him, not Zacky. Zack notice that Amanda still was distracted by something in her head.
“You okay?” he asked
“Yeah, I’m fine.” She lied.
The song finished, and they walked back to the table. Their table was in the way back, Zack held out his hand and said, “Here take my hand, so you won’t get lost” he smiled as she took her hand into his. Amanda looked into his eyes, the dimed lights made his Green eyes stand out. She somehow got lost in his now, the room became in slow motion. Amanda felt like she was in a dream, like Jennifer Connelly in Labyrinth, the Ball room scene. Everything felt in place, she didn’t think about Brian at all. Zack tugged her hand and snapped her out again.
“Come on silly.” He said. As they made it back to the table. The rest of the night, Zack made Amanda laugh and smile. The thoughts of Brian faded in her head; she was having a good time.
As the dance came to a end, Zack took Amanda home. Once there, he out the car into park and turned to her.
“Did you have fun?”
“yeah I did” she smiled. Zack took a deep breath and let it out. He looked down, Amanda notice and asked, “What’s wrong?”
“Can I ask you something?” he looked back up.
“Sure, anything” her heart began to race, either she knew what was going to be said but didn’t want to spoil it.
“Amanda, I know that we only know each other for quite some time.”” He took another breath and let it out. “Amanda, wouldyouliketobemygirl?” He said quickly, hoping she heard him. “What is with you guys from California talking quickly?” she thought. “So?” he asked looking down at his steering wheel. All Amanda did was smile; she couldn’t believe what she heard. Heart racing and excitement pumping through her veins.
“Zack, look at me” she gently grabbed his face making him look at her Hazel eyes. She leaned towards him and kiss lightly on his lips. Zack then closed his eyes and his hands met her face, kissing her back. When they moved away, all they did was smile.
“yes, I would like to” she said.
Zack had a big smile on his face as he got out of the car and went over to her side of his car, and let her out. They walked to her porch near the stairs and looked at each other again.
“Well thanks for taking me to prom.” Amanda said, facing him.
“You’re welcome, I’m glad I took a very beautiful girl.” He held her close as they kissed again. They hugged as they parted; Zack walked back to his car and drove off. She waved him off and turned to walk up the stairs with a smile on her face.
“Looks like you two had a wonderful time tonight.” A voice said, as she looked towards the porch swing.
“Brian..” Amanda was in shocked/stunned as she stared at Brain sitting on the swing.
“It looks like the two of you went as more than friends.” Brian got up holding a dozen of flowers and walked towards her. “There’s a mixed CD in there of your favorite songs.” He hands her the flowers and walked into the darkness of the street.
“Brian!!!” Amanda yelled, but Brian didn’t stop and kept walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes I finnaly is back to this story!
tell me how it is!!!
comments please!